Multiples

Packing a Diaper Bag

FTM here - 25 weeks with twin boys. I am starting to pack my hospital bag and realized that I have NO IDEA what goes in a diaper bag. I plan on using cloth diapers and nursing if that changes anything. I assume that diapers, wipes, clothes and binkies are on the list but I am pretty clueless after that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Packing a Diaper Bag

• I had two diaper bags - one for general baby stuff & one for breastfeeding/pumping supplies (if you need to pump on the go - I was back & forth to the NICU in the early days). In the general diaper bag - diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, portable diaper mat, change of clothes, hand sanitizer, pacifiers, bibs, burp cloths, wash cloth. In the breastfeeding bag - pump, pump attachments, bottles, nipples, cooler bag with ice pack, milk storage bags, pen for writing on milk storage bags, breast pads, hand sanitizer, nipple shield provided by hospital, burp cloths, breastfeeding cover.
  • Thanks @blairdavis99! That will definitely help me get started. I am getting to the point where I am starting to get really nervous. I feel like once I get some of this stuff together I will feel better about everything. This pregnancy went really fast and I feel unprepared. Thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually have a 3 year old and twins. I don't use a conventional diaper bag. I have a 31 bag I use. It has 3 pockets, one for each kid. It has several holders for cups and bottles, many zippered pockets for little stuff, and even a zippered cooler pocket. So here's what I have:
    For 3 year old: change of clothing, diapers, wipes, snacks, diaper rash cream, pull ups (working on potty training), few little toys, straw cup for drinks
    For twins: diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, 2 changes of clothes for each, pacifiers, burp cloth, small towel, gas drops, gripe water, bibs (when they start solids), nipple shields from hospital, nursing cover.
    If I know I'm going to be gone a long time, I'll bring my pump with me. It's the Medela PISA. So inside I have my pump parts, bottles with lids, bottles with nipples, cooler with ice pack, pump wipes for easy clean up, and a small towel.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm a little late here, but in case there are others that are interested in what goes in newborn twins diaper bags, these are our essentials:
    - diapers (disposable and diaper covers for 'secondary containment')
    - wipes
    - prefolds, which we use as burp cloths
    - bibs
    - change of clothes (for us and the babies)
    - wet bag

I actually wrote up a whole list of eeeeeeverything we have in the diaper bag to pay it forward to the other twin mamas. I hope it helps! https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/newborn-twins-diaper-bag/

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• If you talking about a diaper bag to take to the hospital, most hospitals will give you all of that stuff: diapers, wipes, binkis, hats, everything. All you REALLY need is a going home outfit! I packed so much and literally used none of it.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker