Baby Names

Name this handsome boy!

This adorable boy is visiting our family tomorrow and if all goes well we will be adopting him! But he needs a name. Thoughts?

Re: Name this handsome boy!

• Are you wanting a legit human name, or can it be a silly name?

He looks like a Rufus to me. :)
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited August 2015
    Are you wanting a legit human name, or can it be a silly name?

He looks like a Rufus to me. :)
    We're pretty open. Nothing ridiculous. Our doggies who passed were Rocco and Lucy to give you an idea of our naming style.

Edit to add, Rufus is really cute! I will add it to the list.

• Loading the player...
  • He looks like a Duke to me!
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• He looks like a Duke to me!
    My only hesitation with Duke is that I really like the name Drake for a baby and I'm worried it's too close.

• I love boxers! My boy Panzer loves loves loves kids and babies. He gets so excited to nose around in the baby's room because of the carseat and stroller. Because of my nephews visiting, he knows that gear means baby. He's protective of the neighborhood kids. They love him. He also tried to go home with the mailman one day. Enough bragging. Lol.
    I second the Rufus comment. I also like Rupert and Angus. We talked about Axel and Lincoln before we settled on Panzer, which is German for Tank because SO's in the military and it had to sound tough. His name is literally the only tough thing about him. Lol
  • I would say Bandit because of the black around his eyes. What a beautiful boy!
  • Eddy! But I like human names for dogs. He's cute!
  • Bandit for sure fits his looks and if he's anything like my boxer it will fit his personality, as well :)
  • I know a boxer named Stevie, it suits him
  • LNic5 said:

I know a boxer named Stevie, it suits him

My son is calling him Dr. Steve. Lol.

• @sarahgn we had two Boxers. We recently lost them both to cancer just 12 weeks apart. They were 10 and 12... our first babies. I cannot tell you how incredible they were with our kids. We miss them terribly! We're so excited to meet this boy tomorrow and I'm praying he takes well to the kids.

• dexter
    seamus
    zeus
    sugar ray-famous boxer...get it?
    forman
    twix

• g8trkim said:

@sarahgn we had two Boxers. We recently lost them both to cancer just 12 weeks apart. They were 10 and 12... our first babies. I cannot tell you how incredible they were with our kids. We miss them terribly! We're so excited to meet this boy tomorrow and I'm praying he takes well to the kids.

Aw I'm sorry :( I'm sure he will take well to your kids. They seem to be naturals with all children. Let us know how it goes and what his name will be if he's a fit for your family :)
  • I hope the meeting goes well.

How about:
    Archer
    Desmond
    Huck
    Wyatt

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• He looks like Tucker to me.
  • I'd name him Zeb or Riley.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I like the duke and Bruno suggestions.

Maverick. Cruz. Riley. Buddy.
  • mrstraxmrstrax member
    edited August 2015
    Love Rufus.
    DH and I like to give pets human names we love but know we wouldn't pick for kids - so far we've just had hamsters but they were Lawrence, Cordelia and Eloise.

Edited for grammar.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He looks like a Frank to me. I also like Bernie, Earl, Herman, Otis, Walter and Arthur. For some reason I'm drawn to old man names for dogs. Rufus was a great suggestion too.
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited August 2015
    Still undecided on names but he is a total sweetie pie. He's very muscular but that's the only tough thing about him. The foster family let us hang on to him until everything is official. He loves it here! Top contenders of the moment are Cooper, Oscar, and Louie (he was found in Louisiana).

Keep the suggestions coming!

• That's great to hear. Rescues are the way to go. I like th contenders, but Dr. Steve has a nice ring to it ;)
  • Awww! Oscar! :)
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • yogahhyogahh member
    edited August 2015
    Love Louie!

cat fail animated GIF

• Definitely Louie then! That would be my hands down decision
  • ecwkecwk member
    Buster :x

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also a boxer lover here. Grew up with them and they are the best dogs. Have a boxer mix rescue now.
    I like boxer names for boxers - so Tyson, Lennox, Lewis, Cassius, Laila, etc.
    I also like rank names - Major, Sergeant, etc.
    And then somewhat random names/words that work with "______ the dog" - Love, Pat, etc.
  • As soon as I saw him, I thought of the name Bruce. I think it suits him!
  • He's so handsome!! What a great face! I like Louie a lot myself. He also looks like a Bruiser.
  • MyCousinVinnyMyCousinVinny member
    edited August 2015
    I like mash-up names after celebs.  When DH and I got our cats, I really wanted Kitty Purry (Katy Perry) or P. Kitty (P. Diddy).  DH thought it was pretty corny so they were vetoed lol.

I will not be offended if you think these suggestions are lame as well:

Bark Griswold (Clark Griswold- National Lampoons)

Arf Barkfunkel (Art Garfunkel - Simon and Garfunkel)

Doggie Howser or Doggie Howler (Doogie Howser, MD)

Ichabark Crane (Ichabod Crane - Headless Horseman)

Jon Bone Jovi (Jon Bon Jovi)

Ron Furgandy (Ron Burgandy- Anchorman)

• Never mind, too late!  

Cooper is a great name!
  • Whaaaaaaat?!?! @slradske0626 and I think alike. I saw the picture and instantly thought "Bruce!" Scrolled through the whole post to see if anyone else mentioned it and got to the last post...and saw that it was mentioned!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • He needs an old man's name for sure... wilbur, stu, Frank

I imagine he would look good sitting in a porch next to a retiree smoking a cigar
  • I like Bruce.