C-sections

Bleeding after c-section

I'm 2 weeks post baby and didn't have much bleeding at all. Now, tonight I've started bleeding again and had to start wearing a pad again after not having to wear one for about a week. I know bleeding varies-but figured since I hadn't had any lately I was done?

Re: Bleeding after c-section

• In my experience, it can be on a few days, then off a couple days, then on again. Wash, rinse, repeat for several weeks. I don't think it's related to how you deliver, but yes it varies from person to person.

• ^Yep. Same for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It is normal to bleed up to 6 weeks after giving birth no matter how you gave birth. Nursing can cause you to temporarily bleed more as it causes uterine contractions as does doing to much to soon.
  • Ditto PP. It was on and off for me for about four weeks. I also definitely noticed more bleeding if I tried pushing myself physically too soon. I always took it as a sign that I needed to slow down. Feel better.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • @moonfaerie @AmCheri when your bleeding would come back, was it bright red? I'm 3 weeks pp and my bleeding had slowed down to almost stopped and become pink/light brown and now for the past 3-4 days I've been bleeding bright red blood for a good part of the day. I'm thinking about calling my doctor if it doesn't slow down to make sure it's okay. However my last appointment he said he thinks I'm stressing myself out too much about every detail with healing so I'm a bit hesitant to call if it's nothing!
  • Sorry, just saw your last post. Yes, the bleeding was at times bright red, usually when I had done too much.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • It varied for me but bleeding usually happened after I overdid things once I was a couple of weeks post partum. Is it soaking a pad in like an hour? If that's the case, get to the doctors office.
  • I hate to tell you this, but I honestly did not stop bleeding 100% until about 14 weeks postpartum. I think everyone is different.
  • Oh my! That's wild! 14 weeks is a long time!
    I'm not soaking a pad in an hour so I'm not totally freaking out. Just still a bit uneasy. With my first child (vaginal birth) I bled so differently. I think I must be over doing it a bit. Even though it seems like I'm spending most of the day in bed or the couch! :) thank you ladies!!
  • In my experience, it can be on a few days, then off a couple days, then on again. Wash, rinse, repeat for several weeks. I don't think it's related to how you deliver, but yes it varies from person to person.

Same for me.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• I agree with everyone else.  Everyone and each c-section is different. With my first I bled for 9 weeks on and off and it was heavy like a period most of the time.  My second it was only about 4 days PP of bleeding then it stopped. 

• vpinevpine member
    I had bleeding through 12 weeks - some days were heavier than others. It eventually went from red -brown-pink-clear-nothing.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • After my friend had her csection she had to wear depends diapers because she was bleeding so much, and for weeks. She said it felt like it was constantly gushing out. Makes me nervous for my csection coming up in October due to me having twins.