Thoughts on name — The Bump
Baby Names

Thoughts on name

Husband and I can not decide on a name. The two we like are:
Sydney Willow
Riley Willow

We love tomboyish names for a girl, not super into girly girl names.

Thoughts? Please be completely honest!

Re: Thoughts on name

• Sydney.

Because both names are masculine names Co opted as "gender neutral " but Sydney has been so for longer and isn't as trendy as Riley.
    LFAF October Signature Challange
  • I like Sydney > Riley but they're both cute
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Sydney best :)
  • Sydney. Riley is way overused.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Mamabeaglesherbear82
  • Another vote for Sydney

httpi62tinypiccomuarkwpng

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadb7817660919c960ebd43e30c9c837741jpg
  • hate thrm both 
    they both are boy names imo

love willow

bbiutmcphKMorley3
  • I dislike both but at least Sydney isn't as trendy and more than likely won't be as time stamped as Riley. I despise Riley on a girl and its just like Ashley was when I was growing up. If your hear Ashley now you can 99.9% guarantee her age within a few years Riley will be the same in time

sherbear82
  • Thanks ladies! I'm surprised to hear they are trendy names lol I thought I steered clear of trendy when we picked these 2 :)) We have common names, mine being Jennifer so in school I hated it! There was always another one or two in the class! I don't want the same for my kid, but I don't want a weird name either like Chazitty lol
  • I like Riley for a boy. So I vote Sydney. I haven't seen it often on either sex.
  • Riley is so incredibly overused. Sydney is okay, and if I had to use either, I'd go with Sydney. Personally, I'd drop both and go with Willow.
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.? Due 1.10.19
    Mamabeagle
  • Willow for the first name! But my vote between the two is Sydney Willow

Mamabeagle
  • Riley is so incredibly overused. Sydney is okay, and if I had to use either, I'd go with Sydney. Personally, I'd drop both and go with Willow.

This.
    Mamabeagle

Also this. Willow is lovely.

Mamabeagle
  • I prefer Sydney.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• If you are a jennifer using Riley would be putting her in the same situation of name usage in her classes.

sherbear82
  • 4N6s4N6s
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    I like Sydney more than Riley.
    Other suggestions: Morgan, Taylor, savannah, Mia.
  • Sydney is better than Riley. I also think it ages well.