November 2015 Moms
Options

Cysts? (TMI Warning! Gross for some)

hey ladies! Okay so WARNING this post may be really disgusting for some of you. I just want to put that out there before hand because I want you to know what you are going in for lol

So ever since I started getting my period when I was around 10 years old I was always getting cysts around my vaginal area and thighs. My dr knows about them. She says I'm just prone to them and there is nothing I can do. I currently have one on my thigh near my vagina that is effecting my day since with its size (about 4 fingers in length and 2 in width) I can barely walk. I was wondering if anyone else suffers from this and if anything you do helps prevent them from growing or help manage the pain. I'm terrified of popping it myself plus I can't see it (felt the size with my hand) since the bump is in the way. They usually pop on their own but I can't wait that long for this one. Again I know this is super TMI and really disgusting for some. I just want to know that I'm not alone with this since it's so gross and if anyone else has any tips that have helped them. Thank you :)

Re: Cysts? (TMI Warning! Gross for some)

• Options
    I'm sure through the years you've heard this but in case you haven't: sit in a tub of bath salts (Epsom salts) with warmish hot water; it'll help bring junk to the surface while drying it out a bit. I used to do hot(again ish, don't burn now) tea bags on any trouble areas I had growing up: cystic acne is no fun.
  • Options
    Sounds like an abscess, do you have a history if MRSA? My husband gets these occasionally, I pop them and then do warm compresses, but they have never been that large.
    I would suggest going to immediate care since it us do large, they may need to drain it. The draining sucks, but you will feel much better sfter. At the very least you need to call your doctor. It is an infection, and it sounds like yours is getting pretty big.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with @ash413 about going to the doc or urge care. Because of its size, you don't want it to get infected
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • Options
    @Lolo427 I've actually never heard of that before so I will definitely be trying that! Thank you!

@ash413 They do usually get this large which my dr says is not normal but still nothing she can do medically other then pop them. I plan on going in after work today if it doesn't pop on its own by the time I get off. I just get them so often and have been dealing with it for so long that I'm at a point where I'm tired of it.
  • Options
    I'd let the doctor go pop it. I had something similar going on that was ruining me so I went in and they gave me a shot and drained the sucker. I feel SO much better. Sitz baths and compresses greatly help, too, though.
  • Options
    Empson salt baths with as hot of water as I can handle help immensely. Though, you'll want to tone down the heat right now. I typically take two a day while they're bad!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Epsom salt baths with a little witch hazel 4x/day, about 15 min at a time will help detox whatever is in there. Good luck!

Married DH December 2014
    Expecting DS#1 November 2015
  • Options
    I had one of those on my inner thigh a few years back. It's definitely an odd place for one. Even though mine was big, my doctor didn't lance it. They gave me antibiotics, told me to put a hot compress on it to bring the pus to the surface, and to let it drain that way. Yeah, I popped it. If you have to wait for an appointment I highly recommend Iodine. Warning, it can make a huge mess. I use it whenever I think I have something that may become infected and it definitely seems to make a difference.
  • Options
    I get them every now and then. About 7 years ago I had one right on my underwear line and couldn't walk. Ended up at the ER, they numbed and popped it and sent it off for testing. Nothing but a cyst. Just a sucky area to get one. I still have a scar from it. I say go have it drained like PP have said. It'll take the pressure off and you'll feel so much better. Specially with the size of it. Ouch.