January 2016 Moms

Weekend Symptoms - August 29 and 30

Post any symptoms, questions, or concerns here to avoid board flooding.

How are we feeling this weekend?

I had to pee a LOT last night, but was able to sleep in so I was still able to get enough sleep. Other than that, no symptoms so much today, so far. I haven't pooped, but my stomach still seems smaller today. I'm still waiting to TRULY pop!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Symptoms - August 29 and 30

• I've pretty much been a little rage machine all week. Not sure if it's the hormones alone or me getting more and more jaded at work, but probably both. ~X(

Also got really frustrated looking for maternity hose today. I have a viewing/funeral to go to this weekend and the best I could do was try a pair of high rise XL. Holy schnikey there was a band to hold them up, like the tightest ducking thing I have ever tried to squeeze in to.
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Can't stop peeing! It feels like everything I drink comes right out five minutes later. I'm getting sick of peeing.
    Baby boy is active, and I can feel him kick both sides of my belly at the same time.
    Having TERRIBLE mood swings. Like hello bitch from hell, let's try NOT to rip DH's head off because he looked at you funny.
  • Loading the player...
  • Found out this week it's a boy and a girl! My vomiting has gotten significantly worse. Is anyone else having second trimester morning sickness? I'm not going to call the doctor until I can't keep water down. Also, my zofran doesn't work. I just throw it up. :(
  • I'm still in the MS boat, too, @Juliadowlingbrisbane!!! I'm still taking diclegis and it seems to get the job done for the most part, but just today I puked so hard I peed a little because I forgot to take my pills last night. With DD I had it until week 24 so I'm probably still looking at a month and a half more of the meds. I know some ladies for whom it never went away, even for a few weeks postpartum. :/ Hopefully this isn't the case for you, but just know that it can happen and doesn't mean something's wrong! T&P that we both get past this soon!
  • Thanks @Emott13! I'll be sending good vibes your way too!
  • Sheer panic because I thought I felt movement then haven't since Thiursday.But who knows!
    Woke up and convinced myself something wasn't right or I felt less then yesterday...cue extreme crying, a headache and crazy irrational fears. I wish I could shut off the doubt centre in my mind!
    Also need to poop and haven't been so lucky even with all the colace, peaches, water and exercise.
  • Feeling a tiny bit better today, allergies are starting to calm down. I realized that even though I hate vapor rub, it can be my friend. Finally starting to feel more kicks. Nothing huge yet, but enough to give me reassurance. Hope you ladies get to feeling better, and for some of you to finally poop lol
  • @curly818 ....Squatty potty. Try it.
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @Juliadowlingbrisbane have you tried zofran sublingual tablets? I had a coworker that suffered with MS from the beginning to the end of her pregnancy. She said they were the only thing that helped.
  • With you guys on the peeing. I also have some light cramping time to time. Plus the past few nights I've had trouble falling asleep.
  • This whole having to pee every 30 minutes has gotten old.

Also, I felt very uncomfortable last night. I know baby boy is growing and I just have to deal with it, but it was all of a sudden. He pops out more at night, plus I had just eaten a good bit (the most I've been able to eat this whole pregnancy probably) so maybe that had something to do with it? I felt huge. Even though I'm not. Yet.
    Love: 03.04.06
    Married: 07.14.14
    BFP: 04.05.15
    EDD: 01.08.15
  • I hear you all on the constant peeing! I was always pretty bad before pregnancy so at least I know all the good bathrooms :) I do feel like I plan my trips out around making sure i have gone to the bathroom or will be able to when I get to my destination.

I apparently was too healthy yesterday... A veggie sub for lunch and a salad with chicken for dinner. My poor bowels are so confused. I have to go but then so little comes but with such urgency. I guess I am really not used to do many vegetables. I'm hoping all is okay and will pass soon. I get really nervous about food born illnesses.
  • I've been trying to pass a kidney stone since Friday and am in excruciating pain. My kidney is also swollen and in a lot of pain. They said if it doesn't pass they will have to place a kidney stent in to allow passage.. Has anyone ever had this done while pregnant? is it safe? I would really rather pass this on my own but I have never had one take this long and I haven't had my kidney swell before so I am nervous about it all. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Have you tried a high dose probiotic? That has been doing the trick for me. I take them everyday. Get a good one from the health food store. Also magnesium can help.
  • Sorry the probiotic is good for pooping.
  • I knowi already posted today but wanted to ask here before starting a thread. I have been pooping a lot lately (especially compared to a week ago!) I am now reading online this happens in preparation for labor? I'm only 22 weeks so this worries me. I figured it was just crazy pregnancy digestion. Any thoughts?
  • I knowi already posted today but wanted to ask here before starting a thread. I have been pooping a lot lately (especially compared to a week ago!) I am now reading online this happens in preparation for labor? I'm only 22 weeks so this worries me. I figured it was just crazy pregnancy digestion. Any thoughts?
    Crazy pregnancy digestion.  My body goes back and forth between the 2 extremes every other week and has every pregnancy.  The pre-labor poop-fest (if you even end up with that symptom) is a whole different story.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Other than the lovely constipation and wanting to eat all the things, my symptoms have gone into hiding.  I'm going to enjoy feeling mostly normal while it lasts.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Is anybody else having swelling yet? Today my wedding ring started hurting my finger so bad and it was hard to get it off. It's super hot here so I think that's making it worse but I didn't think it was supposed to start this early.
  • I have yet to really feel a good kick and I want to so badly! I am 19+4. I feel teeny little tickles on one side of my belly below my belly button and I assume that is the baby moving. I'm with those of you that have back and forth poopy problems. One day I'm constipated and the next I'm afraid to pass gas!
  • I feel better knowing other people are going back and forth with bowels, but wish we weren't! I feel like I have a stomach ache just about every other day.

I felt kicks later on (week 20) and never really flutters just pops. For awhile I thought they might have been gas bubbles but as the days go by you will feel LO more.
  • @SamJoR no, I've used those before, and I loved them, but for whatever reason my doc gave me the regular zofran. I'm going to my first high risk appointment tomorrow and I'll talk to them about it then! Thanks for the advice!
  • @Scullahoo when I get up to pee, I keep my eyes closed the whole time, washing my hands and everything and I usually fall right back to sleep! It was a tip my mom gave me!
  • Scullahoo said:

@Scullahoo when I get up to pee, I keep my eyes closed the whole time, washing my hands and everything and I usually fall right back to sleep! It was a tip my mom gave me!

Thanks Julia, I'm going to try that tonight

:)
    Ditto, I open my eyes just enough to safely get to the bathroom, unless it's already light outside I usually fall back asleep immediately after peeing, and I have trouble falling asleep in the first place.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 22+1 today and I have a question. I have only had what I know for sure is a Braxton hicks contraction once, and that was at 20+2 when I had a painfully full bladder for my a/s and they made me lay down on my back on the table. I could physically feel my abdomen tightening, but it went away after a couple seconds. My question is, is it still a Braxton hicks if you can't feel it tighten? Sometimes when I lay down my belly is rock hard but I can't physically feel it tighten in my abs. Idk if that makes sense. I can feel it feels tight when I breath in, but it's just the uterus, not the whole abdominal muscles. Sorry if that makes no sense lol
  • Feeling okay. Lots of baby movement. Discharge has increased this last week which is tons of fun. Still get nauseous when I don't eat regularly. We rehomed one of our doggies this weekend so I've been an emotional wreck. We get to see LO tomorrow for a F/U sono due to SUA so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for good news and growth.
  • @ChristinaAnneW I have like at least 5 bowel movements per day. I eat super healthy though and a lot of fiber. I'm yet to experience the whole constipation thing.
  • Anyone have any heartburn tips besides constantly chewing on tums all day long? I'm thinking I may have to start taking Zantac or whichever is our pregnancy approved antacid bc my throat literally feels like it's on fire, it makes me cough it's so irritating. I haven't even been eating any usual acidic foods
  • @kwentela Pepcid Complete, Pepcid Complete, Pepcid Complete. I chew one before bed and I swear it works within seconds and lasts. I sometimes need a second one midday if I ate something bad for heartburn, but usually one at bedtime (when I get it worst, because of lying down) is all I need to sleep like a non-burning baby :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jencook25jencook25 member
    edited August 2015
    babybluu said:

22+1 today and I have a question. I have only had what I know for sure is a Braxton hicks contraction once, and that was at 20+2 when I had a painfully full bladder for my a/s and they made me lay down on my back on the table. I could physically feel my abdomen tightening, but it went away after a couple seconds. My question is, is it still a Braxton hicks if you can't feel it tighten? Sometimes when I lay down my belly is rock hard but I can't physically feel it tighten in my abs. Idk if that makes sense. I can feel it feels tight when I breath in, but it's just the uterus, not the whole abdominal muscles. Sorry if that makes no sense lol

I can feel my uterus tighten, and if i touch it with my hands its physically tighter. Lasts a few moments then i can feel it relax, both with ny hands, and actually feel it inside me

Edit: also, everyones uterus begins to contract regularly from 7 weeks, its just that you generally cant feel it until at least 16w!