Success after IF

Check in

Just wanted to say hi. It's hard to believe it, but A is starting 4 year old kindergarten on Tuesday. I'm not sure how I is going to handle her being gone all day, every day. Since she's almost 2 now, she'll probably be happy not to have to share the iPad. My DH is home during the day with them.

Work is crazy. My division was acquired by another company that has terrible short term DI and diagnostic only IF coverage, so I guess it's good we are done with treatments. I did read the HR lady from the new company the riot act and gave her a letter from Resolve on the importance of IF coverage.

What's everyone else up to?
IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

Re: Check in

• Carrie, I always notice your posts since we are both "B"s and have children near the same age.

I am glad you gave your HR a talking to and supplied the letter (I am so glad for Resolve.org!). For my company annual survey, I provided feedback each year: Since Spouse coverage was discontinued and I pay for Family coverage then I would like the company to use my 4x premium to help me overcome medical obstacles to have a Family!!!!! My company recently acquired another company. Never occurred to me what their coverage might have been. They were more diverse (in every aspect), so it was probably better.

Now that my DD(4) started school mornings, DS(1½) is alone with the DCP for 2 hrs - I have some heartache for myself, but so it goes. DH takes care of the kids M/W/F afternoons and I do T/R afternoons - so there's that for me! DS just got his 4th molar and DD is "Crafty Girl!" (her declaration) :)

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm wrapping up a busy season with my business. MIL is in town, which has been really fun (she is a helper and wonderful). I'm 29, almost 30w with #2. I'm ready to the weather to cool off so we can finally go outside again. 

J is 2.5 and so much fun! She is my lil buddy and wants to go everywhere with me. DH has been traveling a ton and we are in the middle of three consecutive weeks of travel. We are heading out to CA for a family wedding, so beach time, and a visit to Disney next month. I'm excited!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • @CarrieB. I hope A loves kinder and that you survive it! Even though it's only 1 year away I keep worrying about DS starting next year... Eeeep

Work and professional life has been pretty stressful lately. We had our first patient pass away on the operating room table which was pretty horrendous considering the doc I work with has been practicing for 30+ years and has never had that happen.
    I also had to take the recertification test for my PA license last week and am biting my nails waiting for the results.

In other news I finally decided to bite the bullet and start the 21 day fix diet. I've complete the first week and the workouts are killer but I feel very accomplished so far.
    I'm running the Disneyland half marathon with DH this weekend and we have a long weekend vacay there which I'm truly looking forward to.
    @Mrs.amydylan we are Disney fanatics. Not sure if you've been to Disney too many times but if you need any tips for your visit let me know! Should be fun!!
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • @Cwhitaker27 what do you think is the best age for a first trip to Disney?

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• @Mr.&Mrs.Woodtick i would suggest 2 almost 3 that way they can still get in for free :D
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • @Cwhitaker27 we could totally use Disney tips! It is our first trip. J will be 3 in December, so so still free! We are going after Labor Day and a Wednesday and Thursday. We figured the crowds would be smaller. She loves Mickey and princesses. She loves rides. We aren't staying at the park because we booked too late and it was sold out. We don't have tickets yet.
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

• Thank you

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• @mrs.amydylan not sure how far you're staying but I always recommend midday naps especially when it's hot. The kids get tired and cranky and it can be a real bummer.

There is a baby center in both Disneyland and CA adventure which is a really nice spot for diaper changes if you need that or small potty's for those potty training which are clean.

Right now the 60th anniversary fireworks and paint the night parade are awesome. Watch the fireworks from Main Street! Last time we were there the fireworks were immediately following the parade. So get a good seat on main street for the parade and you'll have a great spot for fireworks too.

The tiki room show is a great place to rest when it's hot midday. If you plan to go to both parks I would do a park a day and not hop back and forth... It ends up being a lot of walking.

Our favorite places to eat are Plaza Inn at the end of Main Street- for dinner they have pasta and fried chicken: cafeteria style. If you're interested in a character breakfast I suggest going to the one at PCH grill inside paradise pier hotel it's the only one with Mickey and Minnie and the kids get to get up and dance with them. The food's not great but it's a fun experience if LO likes characters. You usually have to call and make reservations though, otherwise the wait might be long.
    We also like Cafe Orleans but you also have to make a reservation there. You can call Disney dining for all reservations or If you get into the park early go there first thing and put down your dinner reservation. It's not super fancy but the monte Christo sandwich is soo yummy.

You can take a little boat across to the Pirates lair and it's a great place for the LO's to run around and get their energy out.

Oh, I wouldn't leave anything on your stroller although many many people do. We have had our stroller stolen with everything on it including the diaper bag and apparently it happens a lot. I just bring a backpack instead of a diaper bag.

I seriously feel like I could go on for days... Do you have any specific questions?
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • @Cwhitaker27 we are staying right across the street. We had debated on nap since we are only going two days.

We are not planning to park hop. J seems to be mostly interested in Mickey/Minnie and princesses. It looks like we can do most of that in Disney. Interesting, I hadn't considered a character breakfast, but the Mickey/Minnie one sounds fun. 

For specific question, what is something to hit first thing in the morning that gets super busy? And what are some things that are generally pretty easy on the lines? J isn't super good about lines. J is 2.5 and really likes rides. 
    TTC Since 3/2010

• @mrs.amydylan a really popular ride in Fantasyland is Peter Pan and it was also recently updated for the 60th anniversary so you might wanna hit that one up early.
    Winnie the Pooh is my favorite for the kids and it generally has a short line. I would hit up most of the fantasyland rides earlier in the day. It tends to get hot there and that land closes around 8:30pm for fireworks and doesn't re open for a while. The lines are generally fairly short too.
    A good mid day rest could be at a show called Mickey and the Magical Map. It's pretty good and it has several shows daily.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • I feel like I should retitle this post @Cwhitaker27 travel tips.

Any good restaurant recommendations for San Fran? Our 10 year anniversary trip is coming up at the end of the month. So excited!

• @CarrieB. Haha sorry I did kinda take over the post. :D
    As far as restaurant recommendations... what type of food do you like and any budget constraints? When we eat in the city we like to do some fine dining so it may be upwards of $100 per person.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • No worries... It's just nice to see some action over here!

Probably not super fancy, but I'd like to go somewhere for really good seafood and a great micro brew.

• @CarrieB. I'm a vegetarian so I can't quite vouch for the seafood but my husband eats meat and he recommends Anchor and Hope but it's more on the pricey side or Alamo Square Seafood Grill or Ferry Plaza Seafood.
    As for the microbreweries I recommend Cellarmaker Brewing Co. or Anchor Brewing Co.. There is also a new one called Black hammer Brewing that I haven't been to yet but have heard great things about.

I hope this helps!!
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Thanks so much @Cwhitaker27 ! We'll look into those.