April 2016 Moms
Options

Flame-Free* Friday Confessions (FFFC)

*Disclaimer: Not guaranteed to actually be flame-free.
kids with flags

Re: Flame-Free* Friday Confessions (FFFC)

• Options
    I have two for now

1. I made cookies yesterday and totally ate cookie dough with raw eggs in it. I wasn't exactly hiding it from DH, but I wasn't completely open about it either.

2. MIL picked up my DD so that I can go into work and start setting up my classroom. I'm sitting here bumping while I wait for my hair to dry before I go in. I'll probably cave and use a hair dryer when I'm actually ready to go.
    kids with flags
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsCayEyeMrsCayEye member
    edited August 2015
    DS has a bad diaper rash and he's waddling around after every diaper change bc it's uncomfortable. I can't help but laugh at how silly he looks. MOTY.
  • Options
    -I am super, super nervous about this new baby. Only because I had a hard 1st year with getting use to being a mom and a slight identity crisis. I'm worried that 2 will completely overwhelm me.

-I already have a plan to eat two cupcakes for lunch

image   image

• Options
    Sometimes I get scared when I think about this baby coming. I feel like I'm not going to have as much love for him/her as I have for my daughter because I'm not capable of loving another human as much as I love her. I know that's probably normal, but it makes me sad that I feel this way. 

I also get scared because I suffered from PPA when she was born, it was borderline depression, and I'm scared I'm going to experience that again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    teddib20 said:

Sometimes I get scared when I think about this baby coming. I feel like I'm not going to have as much love for him/her as I have for my daughter because I'm not capable of loving another human as much as I love her. I know that's probably normal, but it makes me sad that I feel this way. 

I also get scared because I suffered from PPA when she was born, it was borderline depression, and I'm scared I'm going to experience that again. 
    I hear ya. I had bad PPD after my 1st and felt like I missed out on so much. I'm trying to make up for lost time now with him, so bringing another baby into the mix sometimes makes me nervous about the bond with my 1st.
    Married 9/17/11 BFP 10/5/13 DS Oliver Stephen born 6/11/14 via C-section 8 lbs 9 oz BFP 8/14/15
  • Options
    We asked the IL's to watch DD today so we could get an adult dinner post gym... they requested a sleep over.  I about did a cartwheel in the kitchen.  

REALLY looking forward to my one drink tonight with just hubby so I can enjoy it!!!  (and maybe him... if he's lucky)  :P
  • Options
    I'm not the cleanest person (not a huge germophobe, except when it comes to raw meat.) For example, I frequently don't wash my hands after going to the bathroom, because they don't *feel* dirty. I'm trying to be a lot better about this to protect baby. 

• Options
    I have a stash of mini kit kats in my desk. Ate half of them yesterday. Will be finishing the rest before lunch.
  • Options
    I am determined to have DD potty trained before april. She's two and could careless. I plan on bribing her with any means necessary
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited August 2015
    @MyBigFatGreekFetus...I freakin' LOVE your username...genius.

DD got to have ice cream last night (we NEVER do desserts) and watch extra Mickey Mouse Clubhouse because all I wanted was to sit on the couch and eat cookies and cream ice cream.

Also, my sodium intake is off the chain right now because ALL I can stomach is soup (and ice cream of course), and I'm too lazy to make soup so I bought Campbells...and NOT the healthy requests because they are bland and I'd just add salt anyway. I don't give a flying flip if my feet swell to the size of a yeti's. I also refused to eat dinner last night until DD was in bed because she loooooves soup and I didn't want to share.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Skcobb said:
    I have a stash of mini kit kats in my desk. Ate half of them yesterday. Will be finishing the rest before lunch.
    I have a stash of Peach-o's (those gummies), so I get you

image   image

• Options
    KDHB13 said:
    I had to block my future SIL's posts on Facebook. She keeps angry posting suuuuuper one-sided, heavily edited articles and videos about the whole Planned Parenthood/abortion issue. To each their own with views on controversial subjects, but don't shove yours down my throat or use awful terms to describe people with different views than yours.
    I had to do the same thing. I couldn't remove her as a friend without starting a war. I really like my SIL and I love her kids, but the 3rd thing she posted comparing Obama to Hitler and she was removed from my newsfeed. I occasionally go look at her profile just to make sure I comment on photos. It's been about 2 years and I don't think she has figured it out.
  • Options
    @sarahufl There's been so many times that I've started to write something in response to her BSC posts but had to stop myself because she's family and it's not worth it. Although, she is the only person on DH's side of the family with those views, so I know I'm not the only one who can't stand it.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    KDHB13 said:
    @sarahufl There's been so many times that I've started to write something in response to her BSC posts but had to stop myself because she's family and it's not worth it. Although, she is the only person on DH's side of the family with those views, so I know I'm not the only one who can't stand it.
    See, my SIL is NOT the only person with those views. In fact, I am pretty much the most liberal member of the family. H is conservative, but open minded and not loud about his beliefs. His family is ragingly conservative and LOOOOVE to share their viewpoints. Mostly I sit back and observe.
  • Options
    @sarahufl this is my in laws exactly. Except my sfil is as right wing as you can get. It's safer to just observe.
  • Options
    I work in a restaurant and am there until 11:30pm or later every Friday and Saturday night (I work in our upstairs dining room, which closes at 10pm thank god). Previous to being KU, I would enjoy a glass of wine (or four) every Friday and Saturday post shift to unwind and decompress from being so overwhelmed and busy at work. SO works in a kitchen at a different restaurant, so we would sit and talk about our busy shifts and our guests and drink and play cards or do a puzzle or something.

Anyway. My confession is I really want to come home from work tonight and have a small glass of wine. I have none in the house, and I'll probably feel too guilty to buy even a small bottle. But I really want a glass. 
  • Options
    #1: I have my next u/s (7 weeks) today at 11. I'm not planning on doing any actual work until afterward. I've been awake since 4 with nerves!

#2: I cannot get over how useless DH's ex (mother of his 3 boys) is. Youngest is in 1st grade and has a homework packet due each week on Friday. We have them Thursday-Thursday. We send his packet home in great condition when we have him (work on it every night so there's just a little left for Thursday night). She didn't even send it with him this week, and once she finally dropped it off at 7:30 last night, it was in such bad shape that we had to re-do half of it. Spelling practice doesn't count if he spells half the words wrong and you don't check his freaking work! Ugh.
  • Options
    rebelonerebelone member
    edited August 2015
    I had a shaved turkey and ham sandwich and enjoyed it.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    littlesockslittlesocks member
    edited August 2015
    Someone at work just emailed me and asked if we could talk. I replied back that I'm in the middle of something.
    What I really meant is that I'm in the middle of feeling like crap and I don't want to talk with you.
    TGIF

Edit: spelling is hard
  • Options
    Husband want to meet up for lunch during my lunch break - told him I had plans and took myself out for lunch with my book :)
  • Options
    Daycare kiddo screamed for half an hour yesterday (while being held and rocked) because he got himself too worked up to calm down in the two minutes it took me to pick him up from nap and his parents don't expect him to self soothe at all (he's 1). I got through it by thinking about how they used to slap hysterical women to "snap them out of it".

Obviously I didn't do it, because, 1) it never worked and 2) duh. But man I wish kids understood the phrase "just take a deep breath". Also, now I really want to watch Clue.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    I'm in love with (and probably addicted to) Ben and Jerry's milk and cookies ice cream. I was eating 2 scoops of it every night for the last 2 weeks but I've been out since Wednesday. I'm obsessed with getting more so I don't run out again.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am terrified my daughter has autism (she is being evaluated for it at the end of September) and that this LO will be autistic also.

I know many families with autistic children who have very loving homes but it just feels like our lives will never be the same.
  • Options
    Tippy05 said:

I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow and I'm already in maternity jeans.  

This is my third pregnancy and I know it's all bloat, but they're soooooooo comfortable.  I don't care.
    Also five weeks tomorrow, and also wearing maternity jeans. It's amazing. But it means we have to tell the other kids this weekend, because the 9 and 7 year Olds already told me that my belly looks like it has a baby in it.
    rebelone said:

I had a shaved turkey and ham sandwich and enjoyed it.

and here's my fffc: I'm so bad at the dietary restrictions that I didn't understand why this was a confession until I got to the end of the thread. Then it clicked. Ha! I'm quite sure I'm going to have something bad for me/the baby for dinner tonight. We're eating out at the movie in the park.
  • Options
    I have a whole pack of saltines in my purse but underneath the pack, I have 3 white chocolate turtles, 4 large caramels, half a block of fudge, and a pack of pop-tarts.
    I might need a bigger purse.
  • Options
    I never stopped wearing my low waisted maternity jeans after DS was born! They are cute and low waist so nobody can tell. And, I love just pulling them down to pee. So easy. @Ttcnumber2withhypo, send me a message if you want to discuss. I used to do wary intervention and this has been a true fear of mine during DS's short 18 months. I can help you with some reading recs etc etc.
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    I stopped by the bakery yesterday and got a massive chocolate chip cookie and croissant. I ate them both in 30 minutes.

Also my husband is a big wine guy and we had friends over for dinner. He opened up a $100 bottle! I had to have a taste, or two - this is the one I feel really guilty about!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    The sheer number of random threads being started on this board is overwhelming. I'm trying to hang in there for it to get interesting, but I'm fading.

I'm also about to start the "random" thread, but I'm not sure it would actually reduce the number of superfluous random topic threads.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Ashelymarie1027 And most of them are drive-bys too!! They ask a stupid question with horrendous grammar and never come back.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    @KDHB13 yes! And they burry all the threads I was reading, and I only bump from mobile, and it annoys me when I have to leave "page 1" to find them again...
    #FWP ... Forum world problems
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh here's a FFFC, I forgot about not eating deli meat and hot dogs til I read this thread. I ate it with DS and I plan to now. I also eat sushi. And I personally don't drink any alcohol during pregnancy, but I think a glass now and then is completely okay.
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!