Breastfeeding

Sore nipples... Help'

my lo is 8 weeks old and i ebf but my nipples are still so sore at times. I used lanolin after each feeding. Other ideas??

Re: Sore nipples... Help'

• Ouch! Have you had your LOs latch checked by a LLL leader or your local LC? It's also possible your LO has a lip tie/tongue tie that is causing you pain and for LO to not latch correctly. Your LC or LLL leader can help you find that out as well.
  • I use a prescription cream that my OB prescribed for me....I call it nipple crack ;-)
    Here is the prescription- maybe your doctor will help! image
  • Loading the player...
  • With my 1st I was sore 8w (ok), with 2nd I was sore for 4+ months (not ok)! I visited Lactation Consultants, LLL, pedi, OB - nothing, no ailment, no tongue tie, etc.; I figure I'm sensitive and my 2nd was a "barracuda". Although I EBF both, my 1st used paci, my 2nd used me (BF more frequently). ;)  Thankfully that passed also. Wishing you figure this out and/or that it passes soon.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Have you tried changing up positions to take pressure off of different spots. Side laying is a great position because it takes a lot of the weight off the breasts.
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png