Georgia Babies

Average cost of Daycares and In-Home Daycares in East Cobb?

Hi,
I'm a FTM to be with a due date in March.  I wanted to get a temperature check from mothers in the East Cobb area about the cost of your daycare.  My husband and I are worried about the cost, as we've heard horror stories about expenses being more than the mortgage.  What should we be attentively be planning to spend in our area?  Also, do you recommend an in-home daycare versus a daycare center?  Thank you for your feedback!!!

Answers

• Sorry for the typeo!  I meant to ask "What should we be tenatively be planning to spend in our area?"
  • You could call around to a few daycares and churches with daycares in your area.
  • Loading the player...
  • Check into the Day school which is near SSprings/East Cobb, I think it's well priced and my friend loves it

33 years old, Married Oct '11,

Summer '14: Diagosed with hypothryoidism, pollup, LPD, Low AMH, strong FSH.

BFP: 1/22/15. EDD: 9/23/14. Rainbow baby!

• Not sure if anyone else will answer, but I am following this.  Looking for the exact same thing, due in February!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Hey ladies! 

I previously worked as an administrator at Creme de la Creme (on Woodlawn Drive) and Kids R Kids (Post Oak Tritt -- there are three KRKs in East Cobb!). Unfortunately you're absolutely correct on the high cost of quality childcare in the area. Your best bets in terms of cost would be in-home childcare (be really careful here) or nanny shares. 

Creme: $1605 per month for infants. This includes diapers.
    KRK: $290 per week for infants. Does NOT include diapers.

I hope this helps! I am familiar with some of the other centers in the area. If you have any questions let me know! :) 
  • @yankeeinthesouth Do you know of any places that accept cloth diapering?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• capeachcapeach member
    Wow! That IS expensive - and I'm coming from LA where the most we paid was $275/mo!