July 2015 Moms
Options

MIL blowing it

ashleytiffashleytiff member
edited August 2015 in July 2015 Moms
my bad for not putting tape over the doorbell but she should know better.
Don't ring the doorbell with a baby in the house.

Then husband grabs our son while he was nursing so she could see him.
SHES HERE TIL TUESDAY, she could wait.

And lastly
My husband is going off about how strong our boy is and she said that's because he's a (insert last name here)...if he was like mommy, he'd be weak....then back peddled and said, I'm not saying you're weak, just women in general are weak...as if that made it better.

I text my mom telling her to call me so I could have an excuse to leave the room.

I can't believe I have to spend 6 days with this woman.

Re: MIL blowing it

• Options
    Prayers sent your way...for you not to kill her ha! Hope you have a little wine on hand!! PS: I would have kicked my husbands ass!!
  • Options
    Ugh, wtf women are weak? That is so annoying, as if any positive attribute couldn't possibly come from anyone but her family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my crazy MIL visited my sister reminded me that I am hormonal so anything I said was fair game. I bit mt tongue but it was a nice thought in case I slipped. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I'd have a bigger problem with my husband if he said women are weak. Excuse me, but didn't you just create a life and give birth to your son? It takes a bad ass to do that, it's not for the weak! I truly hope he doesn't feel that way.

Anyway, good luck! I know how you feel, except for me, it was my mom that drive me crazy for two weeks.
  • Options
    Wtf? You're a strong woman to put up with that BS!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Oh wow!!! Mommy... Weak ???!!!! Who carried him for 9 months & gave birth to him??!! What a bitch! Sorry.., just sayin!
  • Options
    @ecloho that's what I'm saying! She birthed 3 boys herself, I don't know how she can say that
  • Options
    Umm I would be more mad at my husband if he took the baby from me in the middle of nursing! His mom can wait until your child is fed!
  • Options
    Oh My! I feel your pain! Not with my MIL but with my mom. Every time I turn around, she always says my children look like her. Neither of my children look anything like her. And DONT try to correct her. She said DS looked just like her. He looks like my husband and I said so. Her response "well he isn't here so I'm taking credit" umm....yeah...she didn't make the baby. But I'm sorry you have to be around that for 6 days! I can at least send mine back home. she lives 15 mins away. and what's with saying women are weak? we are the one's that birth. Not men! men and women are strong in their own ways. 
  • Options
    I feel you. Mine guilted us into waking baby who was content in his swing, so that everyone could hold him at dinner the other night. I'm so mad at myself that I didn't stand firm and insist he stay in the swing. He obviously woke up and never got back to sleep so was cranky the whole night, ugh. My mom would never do anything like that, she just knows. Why is it always the MILs who seem clueless?

I have a whole weekend away at the cottage with the in laws coming up - wish me luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband's mother is dead so I get his two older sisters letting me know what they think. Last time they were here they (a) told me I'd have to get rid of our dogs before we had the baby and (b) spent an hour repeating "ya'll RICH folk!!" cause we have a flat screen TV. A not very big flat screen TV.

Can't wait til they visit and tell me I'm doing everything wrong. Currently they're telling my husband who then tells me. Fun.
  • Options
    @tibi5 I went into our room to nurse him and he fell asleep on me and my husband asked if he could take him. He is acting so stupid right now. He says I'm spoiling him and shouldn't let him sleep on me cause he needs to get used to his bassinet.
    He's plenty used to his own bed but he's been going through a growth spurt and wants to be on me right now. He doesn't get it.
    And it totally seems like MILs are the clueless ones. My mom would never wake my son up or want to take him away from me while he is eating.
  • Options
    @klirwin82 ew! Dogs and babies are the best. I think all children need to grow up with a dog!
  • Options
    @klirwin82 ew! Dogs and babies are the best. I think all children need to grow up with a dog!
    My dogs are pretty good with our LO! I have a pit bull. She kinda stays away for now but she likes to stay with my 9 yo. I have a chihuahua that has to lick the baby and check him all the time. He is funny when it comes to the baby. and we have chihuahua mix that I keep away. She gets too close and doesn't realize it. she stays excited. 
  • Options
    @beccer123 I have a pitbull as well. He's sooo good and gentle with him. Every time we do tummy time he lies right next to us and whenever he cries he comes up to check out what's going on.
  • Options
    @ashleytiff @beccer123 my two pitbulls are the same... Gentle but very curious. And I agree... Everyone needs to grow up with a dog

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Yaaaasss we have a pit bull as well. Who will lick anyone/anything he can, especially tiny baby feet. Builds immunities, right?!
  • Options
    Sounds like you need to have a come to Jesus talk with DH. The idea that newborn babies can be spoiled, interrupting a feed, and his comments are all inappropriate and nor what you need to be hearing right now

My husband watched me labor with our LO for over 27 hours including 8 hours of pushing before I had a c-section and he is still telling me how amazed he is at how strong I was.
  • Options
    @ChristyM87 oof, I labored 26 hours. He saw everything, I doubt he thinks I'm weak but I wish he would have said something when his mom said that crap.
    How can you call any women weak, especially being a women yourself and ESPECIALLY one that has experienced child birth?

And my husband is great usually, he's just been acting like a clueless turd since his mom got here.
  • Options
    Women are weak!! As if you didn't just give birth!
  • Options
    When my inlaws come over it is at night usually while I nursing my son and or he is asleep. They ring the door bell like a million times which sets my dog into a hysterical rage because no one should ring a door bell 800million times. Anyway, me and my husband get soooo pissed because it gets our baby uneasy after that. We tell them to just call when they are here so we can have the door open for them by the time they are out of the car. Smh.
  • Options
    Oh man, sorry you're dealing with that!! Doesn't sound fun at all!! We established a 3-day visit rule in our house, so even when we have "special" visitors, it's never for too long. It also applies for when we go see other people. That has helped keep the crazy to a minimum with our visits.
  • Options
    Sorry you've to go through this! She needs to reminded that housing a human for 9 months and pushing one out requires special power and you did it!! I also feel sorry for her that she thinks that women are weak.

Well, since she will be staying with you...use her in every possible way to help you since you're "weak"...get some cooking, cleaning,etc done by her....just a suggestion ;)
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you these next days. Oy ve. What a delightful one you've got there. I'm not sure my patience level could tolerate that crap without snapping.