February 2016 Moms
Options

Hump day symptoms and complaints

Re: Hump day symptoms and complaints

• Options
    I'm feeling good this week. Knocked off my cold that kicked it right when I started feeling better after 1st tri. And I *think* I might have felt quickening last night. I'm 16w3d so it's possible and I'm definitely going to be paying more attention from now on!
  • Options
    Lower back pain... I'm feeling like an old person when I bend over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not specifically a pregnancy symptom, but I woke up and discovered a zit on my earlobe. Wtf?
  • Options
    Still the worst sensitive nipples!! Especially when running or when I go from a cold room to warm! Anybody else feel me?? Ugh!
  • Options

Not specifically a pregnancy symptom, but I woke up and discovered a zit on my earlobe. Wtf?

I have broken out where I didn't even know it was possible to break out this entire pregnancy! I currently have one right behind my ear. How??
  • Options
    I tried a new nausea med last night. Now I am still groggy and queasy but afraid to take a different med since might make me sleepier. Sigh.
  • Options
    AussiechickaAussiechicka member
    edited August 2015
    My hips are killing me and I couldn't sleep last night so now I am tired and grumpy today. Going to swim tonight and try a bath and see if it helps.

Edit: typo
  • Options
    OMG this morning sickness.... I came home from work after throwing up in the ladies room, and then again on the way home. I can't wait for it to end.... it did not last this long last time.
    Pregnancy Ticker  

• Options
    RLP is no joke. Last night I tried to stand up and couldn't because of the pain. 
    I feel your pain.... Mine is a little bit better now, but this was me exactly last weekend.
    Pregnancy Ticker  

• Options
    @Casey2627:  I feel your pain.  Running hurts so bad right now.  The best is when I say something snarky to my husband and he retaliates by grabbing one of my nipples because he knows how much they hurt.  And the "Your nipples are HUGE!" comment from him last night didn't help, either.
  • Options
    I had to stop for breathers twice on my way from our tv room to the bedroom last night from dizziness. They're literally right down the hall.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    I woke up an HOUR late this morning and my bagel gave me heartburn. Today can just follow the yellow brick road straight to hell.
  • Options
    Casey2627 said:
    Still the worst sensitive nipples!! Especially when running or when I go from a cold room to warm! Anybody else feel me?? Ugh!
    Yeah - my breasts aren't sore anymore, but my nipples are still really sensitive.  I got in the shower last night and the spray accidentally hit one of them straight on and it felt like death!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am having a terrible time trying to sleep at night! I toss and turn all night long. Ugh. Last night I woke up after laying on my right side and it felt like I was hit in the ribs with a baseball bat. My muscles on my side by my ribs have just been so sore and achy. Anyone else?
  • Options
    I've had these pinkish-purple splotches right by my nipple but on my skin, about the size of a silver dollar or even a little bigger, for over a month.  They don't really hurt or itch, they are just ugly.  I guess they are stretch marks, but they don't look like it yet.  I showed my midwife and she said it was normal, just get used to it cuz it's going to get worse. Yay.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm having restless leg syndrome like crazy. Haven't heard any one mention it but it's keeping me up and making it hard to sleep. Hoping a pregnancy pillow will improve this.
  • Options
    I am having a terrible time trying to sleep at night! I toss and turn all night long. Ugh. Last night I woke up after laying on my right side and it felt like I was hit in the ribs with a baseball bat. My muscles on my side by my ribs have just been so sore and achy. Anyone else?
    This!
    I can barely fall asleep anymore and all night I have to switch sides because the one becomes so sore and achy I have to give it a break. My pain is more in my hips but geeze. I can't mentally handle that this is just the begning of sleepless nights.
    Feb'16 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite thing about fall

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im tired. I also have had headaches the last two days.
  • Options
    NOTHING Literally nothing sounds good to eat but I'm so hungry. Not nauseous or anything just can't figure out anything I actually want to eat.
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • Options
    Didn't see a WTF post for today. Am I missing it?

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options

Didn't see a WTF post for today. Am I missing it?

Nope, do it.
  • Options

lower back pain and a huge headache but I think that's due to the lack of sleep I was having super weird dreams last nigh.

• Options
    15w3d...feeling pretty good. Biggest complaint is no bump yet! I've got twins in there and thought for sure I'd be showing by now. But alas...only a blump in the evenings...
  • Options
    Really hungry and sore - I only have a bump when I need to pee at 16w.
    Feb'16 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite thing about fall

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been able to hold down any food today, other than watermelon. I just want to feel normal again!

• Options
    Oddly...moody mama day.
    Kathy B.
  • Options
    So sick missed my first two days back to work...ahh...there goes 2 days of maternity leave :((
  • Options
    KittyCat84KittyCat84 member
    edited August 2015
    I have broken out where I didn't even know it was possible to break out this entire pregnancy! I currently have one right behind my ear. How??

I'm with you ladies. I have one behind my ear too! So weird. I'm breaking out the worst I've broken outin my entire life! It's awful. I really wanted to be pretty during pregnancy :( 
  • Options
    My complaint for today is the transvaginal ultrasound. I will be 17 weeks tomorrow. The place I go to said I'll be getting them until 32 weeks. I think it's unnecessary and my sister who has 4 kids said that she never had them for that long and it ended before 17 weeks. Anyone else experience this?
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited August 2015
    @Zepplin1218 My hips and low back also hurt me, but these muscle aches are so strange! I mean I guess it's probably a part of pregnancy? And it goes away by mid morning but in the middle of the night, it sucks. Lol. I have no trouble falling asleep because I've been so tired, but I'm up for an hour at a time a couple times a night. Sucks for my poor H, all this tossing and turning has been disrupting his sleep too.

@dminaya I read somewhere that you can turn down any extra u/s. So unless there is a medical reason they need to keep doing them or you are high risk, I would express your concern to your dr. or midwife. In a normal healthy pregnancy I think they only usually do two u/s the whole pregnancy.

Eta: quote fail.
  • Options
    bauerkj said:

Oddly...moody mama day.

This right here.

My hormones are outta control. I hate it.
  • Options
    My body apparently decided to just shut down on me today and I've felt like death since the middle of the night. I'm achey and have a headache like I have a fever and I've been queasy all day. When I started feeling better this morning I ate a protein bar and immediately felt worse. This almost feels like food poisoning but I didn't really eat dinner last night. Then I almost shit my pants on the way home from work, which was lovely. I'm used to being constipated everyday (15w4d) so that was definitely a surprise
  • Options
    My migraine since Saturday finally broke today after going to the chiropractor. However every time I eat I get nauseous and if I don't eat and get hungry I feel nauseous... I can't win. I'm also really starting to get annoyed with my aversions to meat. I feel like this second tri is worse than my first tri.
  • Options

This!
    I can barely fall asleep anymore and all night I have to switch sides because the one becomes so sore and achy I have to give it a break. My pain is more in my hips but geeze. I can't mentally handle that this is just the begning of sleepless nights.

This, this, this. I toss and turn all night. And I feel like I don't last long on each side. They wear out quickly and get uncomfortable, and on to the next turn.
  • Options
    dminaya said:

My complaint for today is the transvaginal ultrasound. I will be 17 weeks tomorrow. The place I go to said I'll be getting them until 32 weeks. I think it's unnecessary and my sister who has 4 kids said that she never had them for that long and it ended before 17 weeks. Anyone else experience this?

That's pretty weird, at my 9 wk dating US they said they would only have to do transvaginal if the tech couldn't see from the belly, and my hugely full bladder allowed her to see everything clearly. Things are only going to get clearer so there should be no need to have one in the future (although I have years ago to check out my ovaries). Maybe you can firmly state your preference for US over the belly and see if they oblige?
  • Options
    17 weeks tomorrow and the rlp pain is here to stay it seems. Ugh.
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of low back pain on here.. and you are all not alone! I've got it pretty bad these days, also in my hips. I think maybe it's the relaxin? Either that or my boobs which keep getting more and more outrageous. But I feel like that shouldn't be affecting my lower back. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro  This is like my 8th U/S.  In the beginning they were worried but that all seems to have gone away I suppose.  I never heard the words "high risk" from them.  I had a blood clot which has reabsorbed.  I have an endometrioma on my ovary that they have been watching and a fibroid in my uterus.  They have been monitoring them and the fibroid is stable and the endometrioma isn't growing.  I had an U/S today and another one coming up for my 20 week anatomy scan.

@hlmdeck I am just going to say no next time.  I told the tech today that I don't see that it's necessary to go transvaginal and she said that in this office they stop at 32 weeks.  Next one, I am going to speak up more.

Thanks ladies for your comments!!  I appreciate it.
  • Options

RLP is no joke. Last night I tried to stand up and couldn't because of the pain. 

I feel your pain.... Mine is a little bit better now, but this was me exactly last weekend.

Mine has gotten a lot worse today....just standing up results in painful twinges in random places including down my left leg!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
                           -1st MC- June 2014 at 6 weeks 
                      -2nd MC- December 2014 at 7 weeks
                     -Braxton Bradley has arrived!  1/4/2016
                              (original EDD was 2/2/2016)