Multiples

Miserable at 37 weeks (Rant)

I am 37 weeks with Di/Di twin boys. I had a doctor appointment this morning and they checked to see if I was dilated, and found out that I am not dilated or effaced AT ALL. Because of this they moved my induction to 39weeks instead of 38.

I could honestly just cry. I am absolutely miserable and desperate for these babies to come out. The only thing keeping me going is knowing that my boys will only be stronger the longer they stay cooking. I am just at the point where I can hardly move, so 2 more weeks sounds like a lifetime.

Any tips for comfort this far along with multiples?

Re: Miserable at 37 weeks (Rant)

• I only made it to 34 weeks & was VERY uncomfortable. I can't imagine 37+!!! Just wanted to say hang in there mama!!! Keep your eye on the prize(s)!
  • Stay strong!!! I had my girls at 39 weeks. I was completely miserable about 34 weeks and started praying for them to come around then. Haha... My sister would tell me all the time I should be thankful they will be strong healthy LO (which of course I was) but it didn't change the fact that my hips felt like I was being ripped apart and my back felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife... My only advice is hang tight... Stay off your feet as much as possible and for me being in a pool helped a lot. I don't know if that's an option for you but it helped me stretch everything without hurting. Now after all the misery I am extremely thankful and it was definitely with the discomfort to make it to 39 weeks but during it when people would say that crap to me I would want to punch them! Haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a repeat c-section with my twins at 37+4 due to cholestasis and I was extremely uncomfortable and barely sleeping for several weeks before. But before the cholestasis diagnosis my doctor had my c-section set for 39+3. Super frustrating. My babies were 6.8 and 6.2 with no NICU time. So hang in there - the longer they stay in the better the chance they will get to leave the hospital with you.
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• I made it to my 38 week RCS, developed the pupps rash 4 days before my c-section. It was awful, but worth only having a 3 day hospital stay with no NICU stay for either of my LO's. I actually got more sleep once they were born. Everyone thought I was crazy to say I felt more rested then I had in months. Warm showers and Italian ice made my last few weeks tolerable. I also go a massage = heaven.
  • No idea as I was miserable too. I had a scheduled repeat c-section at 38w2d. My girls were 6.13 and 7.6. I know it's hard but just hang in there. Just wondering if you've had any progress.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You will soon forget how uncomfortable this part is. I was 37 weeks 2 days and felt done too. I empathize with you. But taking babies home at 24hours was amazing. It's worth all this. Good luck
  • I'm still hanging on! I am scheduled to be induced one week from today!! At my appointment this morning I was 1cm dilated and 90% effaced, so it's definitely some progress! The dr also swept my membranes to try to kick start everything for me (he could definitely tell how miserable I was feeling)

This past week I thought I was having some very intense contractions. L&D told me to come right in, but they found that it wasn't contractions. I had actually torn a few ligaments in my uterus?! The dr said it can be common in twin pregnancies, just because of the access weight. Has anyone else gone through this? I was sure that that would push up my induction date, but I was just placed on light bedrest for the next week.

Thank you for the responses!
  • No idea on the torn ligaments. That's gotta hurt though. I'm sorry. Prayers that things hurry along for you. Just remember that at the end of this, you'll have 2 beautiful babies in your arms. The whole thing is 100% worth it! At least you get to be done working. I worked up until the day I delivered, and I'm on my feet 8 hours a day. I was super miserable. Then they pushed my c-section back a couple days, and I thought I was going to die from the pain and waiting. But it came fast enough. Just enjoy your last week (hopefully less), because twins is a huge change!

• I had a c section at 37 and 1 day. I was 5 cm dilated tho. But they were both breech. If head down they would have induced. I'm shocked they let you go that long. Wow hang in there. Just don't do anything. Its really hard to feel like that but once it's over you feel amazing. I missed sleeping on my back and stomach. It doesn't last forever!
  • I just wanna say you're super mama! I wanted to make it to 37 weeks so bad! But I delivered at 35.6. My boys had less than 6 hours of NICU time, but I wanted them to be full term. You should be proud that you are able to carry them so long! Good for you! I can't imagine how miserable you are. I too felt much better after delivery. Take everyday hour by hour if you have to. You can do this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank yall! My husband and I have been thinking that the doctors are making us wait this long because we are being seen at a small military base hospital and they typically do not have twins there. They have treated our whole pregnancy just like a singleton pregnancy.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel though! Only 6 days until I meet my boys!! I'm still crossing my fingers they will make their appearance on their own before then!
  • So do we have two beautiful boys now? I can't wait to hear the details!

• ttcmof2gttcmof2g member
    edited September 2021
    37 weeks today and I have my weekly check up this afternoon. I’m so miserable. I almost cry daily and have cried because I’m so uncomfortable. I don’t remember feeling this was with my other two. This whole pregnancy has been so different. Having a boy this time, so maybe that’s why. I’m also in my 30’s. I was 23 with my first and 27 with my second. I’m tired, I’m aggravated and uncomfortable.  I wanna hold my little man already and have my body back. 
    I hope when I go in today I’m dilated to something. Would be great to go this weekend. One more week sounds like an eternity. Though I do know the longer he is in there the better. My first two were early. Well 1st came at 38 weeks and 2nd at 36 weeks. I’m clock watching. Almost threw up today and my head kind of hurts. 
    I hate complaining, I know so many want to be pregnant and this time it took us 2 years to conceive. So it’s a sure blessing. I’m just done.