Baby Names
Options

Boy name

I'm having a c section NEXT week and we haven't decided on a name for our baby boy yet! So far, the only two names we have agreed on are Jackson Richard and Ian Richard.

Any thoughts on these two names? Or similar name suggestions?

Re: Boy name

• Options
    I would go with Ian. It's a great underused name. Jackson is trendy.

Suggestions: Ethan, Eli, Jacob, Owen, Liam, Xavier, James, Harrison, Hunter, Rhys, Gage (I'm iffy on that one), Maxwell, Noah, Benji.
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Jackson is very played out. We know so many! Ian is a great name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Ian!! Jackson is so trendy right now.
  • Options
    Love Ian! so underused! just say no to jackson...ugh
  • Options
    Another vote for Ian. Because I know way too many Jackson/Jaxon/Jaxson/Jaxin's.
  • Options
    Definitely Ian! Jackson/Jack names are so tired.
  • Options
    I vote Ian as well! Jackson has gotten really popular. 
  • Options
    I have two Jacksons, a Jonathan, a Jaiden, and a Jake in my class this year. I like Ian because it's a nice name but not a ton of small children running around with it.
  • Options
    Ian, toss Jackson.
  • Options
    Ian is awesome!

Anytime I hear Jackson anymore I just roll my eyes.

• Options
    I love Jackson, but agree with the popularity issue. I would go with Ian - it's a great name and underused
  • Options
    I pick Ian as well :) Jackson is a nice name but super trendy. I appreciate that Ian is more uncommon and I think it ages better.
  • Options
    I hate when people say Jackson is "trendy" its a very classic name that happens to be popular right now. The spelling of Jaxon and Jaxson are what is making the name seem "trendy". That being said Im not a fan of Ian. I just never liked the way it looked.
  • Options
    Jess0813 said:

I hate when people say Jackson is "trendy" its a very classic name that happens to be popular right now. The spelling of Jaxon and Jaxson are what is making the name seem "trendy". That being said Im not a fan of Ian. I just never liked the way it looked.

The name Jackson has been around a while, but was never popular until the late 90's and has since skyrocketed to the top of the charts. I wouldn't really call it a classic. And the definition of trendy is "currently popular", so yep, it's trendy!

OP, Ian is a great name! I like Ian Richard!
  • Options
    Ian for sure!!! Definitely avoid Jackson (sad, cause I really like this name, but it is trendy city right now).
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Options
    Ian!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    edited August 2015
    Both are great names, as long as you spell it Jackson. I think Ian sounds better with the mn Richard, though.

I never loved the name Ian but I married one so now it has really grown on me ;)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! We are considering adding Hudson to our list. Any thoughts on Hudson Richard?
  • Options
    thelenn9 said:
    Thanks for all the feedback! We are considering adding Hudson to our list. Any thoughts on Hudson Richard?
    Meh. Very surname-y and reminds me of Hudson River, which is gross and full of poo poo. I still think Ian is your best bet!
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Options

Suggestions: Ethan, Eli, Jacob, Owen, Liam, Xavier, James, Harrison, Hunter, Rhys, Gage (I'm iffy on that one), Maxwell, Noah, Benji.

Ironic you say Jackson is trendy yet suggests a handful of names on the top 10...

• Options
    ksjb0806 said:

Ironic you say Jackson is trendy yet suggests a handful of names on the top 10...

This thread is from August. Please try to look at the dates before you reply, resurrecting zombies (especially to vaguely white knight over the name Jackson ) is bad forum etiquette.