Secondary IF
Options

Introduction

Hello everyone I would like to introduce myself and hopefully join the forum. I am 25 years old, have been married for 4 years and together with my husband for 8. We have a 2 year old daughter and have been ttc. Af got me today and would make this our 10th cycle. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 and I struggle with insulin resistance induced by my PCOS. I was on medication and bcp and when we decided to try for our first child I was lucky that my insulin issues were under control and we got pregnant right away. This time around we haven't been lucky. I have been getting help since around 6 months trying because I was/am not ovulating and I have a diagnosed fertility issue. Since my insulin problem is back, I was put on metformim 3 months ago. Usually that settles the insulin and will help me ovulate. However, I wasn't lucky and I continue to have annovulatory cycles. My cycles are short- 24-26 days. And I have confirmed via US that there is no ovulation, just rupturing of cysts, empty follicles. They don't mature enough and I have no LH surge (no positive opks) and I have no CM what so ever really. I am at a point of frustration because I feel as if every month I don't even stand a chance. My Dr won't do much for 3 more months, until it's been a year. I am hoping to convince him to let me try clomid, since we have confirmed there is no ovulation. I hope to find here a place of support and advice regarding treatments and hopefully some of you can relate to my disease and help with some advice too. Sorry it's so long. Thank you for reading :)
*BFP warning*
*Child mentioned*
TTC #2. Daughter born July 17th of 2013. 
PCOS, Endo, Insulin Resitance. 

HSG done Sep 17- tubes unblocked! SA done- came back good! Hysteroscopy done Nov7- No uterus issues 

On 2550mg a day Metformin. 
Round 1 of Clomid- 100mg CD3-7  BFN- Clomid left a huge cyst, AF arrived after 40 day cycle- BFN
Round 1 of Femara- 10mg CD2-6 Mid cycle scan showed two follies (31mm and 27mm), trigger shot- BFN
Benched out December- BFN
Round 2 of Femara- BFP!!! First beta at 10dpo- 28 Second beta at 12 dpo- ? 

Re: Introduction

• Options
    Most of the ladies here are actively pursuing treatment (IUI, IVF) at this time so TTCAS might be a better fit for you until you start treatment.  Hope you don't have to end up here!  Good luck!
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    I don't have PCOS, but I didn't ovulate or have a period for an extended period of time dir to other issues. I u derstand how frustrating it can be to not even be able to try. Almost like at least you could be doing something to get closer to a kiddo. Have you talked to other REs to see if they will help you ovultae since your won't? I would think with a history of issues and proven lack of ovulation, you should be able to start fertility treatments.
    Best of luck.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1983Lindsey21983Lindsey2 member
    edited August 2015
    Welcome!!! Are you seeing an RE? Most RE will see you before a year if you have a fertility issue like PCOS and/or if you aren't ovulating. I might shop around if you are seeing an RE and he won't see you. Hope you can get on some meds and get ovulating soon :)
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• Options
    Hi, I too have gone through all of that with PCOS. Fot baby #1 I had to go through many rounds of metformin and chlomid without luck before I finally had a successful IVF. Seems like you will have to wait for your RE to give you the go ahead to get the Chlomid. You can always get a second opinion from a different RE and see if they will give it too you sooner. Hopefully that works for you and you don't have to IUI or IVF. 
  • Options
    Welcome and hope your RE is willing to get more aggressive with treatment soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) I have an obgyn and he does do all of the fertility treatments. I live in South America, Ecuador, so I am afraid there aren't many RE, the obgyn usually handles fertility issues as well. He has been my dr for 10 years and he delivered my daughter and handled my pregnancy so I feel comfortable with him. I feel like he seems to be set put on the "no treatments before 1 year", but at first he didn't even want to do metformin and he agreed to that because he knows my history so I hope I can convince him to do clomid now, I feel he wants to avoid medication if possible and since I conceived natural with my daughter he feels I can again. It's frustrating because I know I can't, I am not ovulating and I don't see that magically changing.

I am sorry if I am in the wrong board since I am not on treatment yet (if metformin isn't considered a treatment yet), I was hoping to get some advice and to hear some stories on clomid as well and I figured this board was more appropriate. I will move over if you ladies consider most appropriate.

I was reading on clomid and now I am scared of the side effects and the treatment overall. Any advice is welcomed :) thank you. I apologize in advance for any grammar mistakes as English is not my first language.
    *BFP warning*
    *Child mentioned*
    TTC #2. Daughter born July 17th of 2013. 
    PCOS, Endo, Insulin Resitance. 

HSG done Sep 17- tubes unblocked! SA done- came back good! Hysteroscopy done Nov7- No uterus issues 

On 2550mg a day Metformin. 
    Round 1 of Clomid- 100mg CD3-7  BFN- Clomid left a huge cyst, AF arrived after 40 day cycle- BFN
    Round 1 of Femara- 10mg CD2-6 Mid cycle scan showed two follies (31mm and 27mm), trigger shot- BFN
    Benched out December- BFN
    Round 2 of Femara- BFP!!! First beta at 10dpo- 28 Second beta at 12 dpo- ?