May 2016 Moms

Any BFP yet?

I am doing my best to not test too much. Lol. What CD or how many DPO are you all on? Any BFP tests?

Re: Any BFP yet?

• @RitaBee23 the thread below this has some BFP and DPO! Check it out. I think only two ppl on this board are pregnant, it's fine for you to be here! A pregnancy starts somewhere and I'm sure each BMB starts with hopeful BFPers! I don't even think the poster who responded to you telling you to leave is pregnant (yet).
  • Loading the player...
  • CopperLaneCopperLane member
    edited August 2015
    Didn't meant to be rude! The joys of anon Internet posting, and I could have worded myself better.

I totally get what didi is saying, she just sounded a bit rough telling PP they need to go to a different board. Some of them probably don't realize there is a TTGP board, but some might and come here hoping to find others in the TWW. It's the Internet, what do you expect?

I also wasn't being snarky about using "yet". In the thread below, didi mentioned she's doing IUI which doesn't mean she's out for being due in May and I wasn't trying to say she wouldn't be due in May. IUI is tough, it's hard being in a position where you are fighting with your body to get pregnant.

I totally see how my post is considered rude, I deserve the flames and I SHOULD have worded myself a lot better (Or not posted at all would have been better).

I think every BMB will have the hopefuls, my thoughts are to just let them phase themselves out. There are a lot of us but most of us just lurk as opposed to posting. I was lurking with the same questions in my head as OP but didn't dedicate a whole post to it and she could have hopped in on the one below.

But seriously, FX for you didi! I hope the IUI goes well :) I also really apologize for my post coming off as being b****y about not being pregnant.
  • jsassyjsassy member
    edited August 2015
    CopperLane said: Didn't meant to be rude! The joys of anon Internet posting, and I could have worded myself better. I totally get what didi is saying, she just sounded a bit rough telling PP they need to go to a different board. Some of them probably don't realize there is a TTGP board, but some might and come here hoping to find others in the TWW. It's the Internet, what do you expect? I also wasn't being snarky about using "yet". In the thread below, didi mentioned she's doing IUI which doesn't mean she's out for being due in May and I wasn't trying to say she wouldn't be due in May. IUI is tough, it's hard being in a position where you are fighting with your body to get pregnant. I totally see how my post is considered rude, I deserve the flames and I SHOULD have worded myself a lot better (Or not posted at all would have been better). I think every BMB will have the hopefuls, my thoughts are to just let them phase themselves out. There are a lot of us but most of us just lurk as opposed to posting. I was lurking with the same questions in my head as OP but didn't dedicate a whole post to it and she could have hopped in on the one below. But seriously, FX for you didi! I hope the IUI goes well and lots of baby dust :) I also really apologize for my post coming off as being b****y about not being pregnant.

-----Quote Fails today!!-----
    Ok, I can appreciate
    most of this, BUT....

First, Thanks for coming back to apologize. If your thoughts are to let the hopefuls "phase themselves out" then its best not to encourage them to continue to post on BMBs. Instead, you should encourage them to LURK and check out the TTGP board for support like PP's suggested.

Second, I don't believe that most of these people, including you, actually LURK like you say. If people did actually lurk, then these types of threads wouldn't pop up. Also, if you have lurked like you said (it does't appear that you have checked out the TTGP board at all) then you would know that these gals aren't going to appreciate "baby dust". I'll let you go lurk to find out why. Perhaps try the search feature??

Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• @jsassy I actually hopped on the bump site from using the pregbuzz app, which was some side app from the bump not the one you can download now to access these boards. It wasn't separated by board types, everyone posted in one spot so you would see posts from people in different stages of TTC to being 40weeks and beyond. Everyone used "baby dust" as well wishes. It has been shut down :( so I'm here (on the site, I'm out for being able to be due in May). It was like the knot411 if you were familiar with that app.

I haven't lurked in the TTGP boards much at all so I wasn't aware of this!!! I'll lurk some moar and get to know the lingo of the site better.

I take back the baby dust and replace with FX :)
  • Just did a search as suggested....I had no idea...I feel awful. Totally different meaning than from the pregbuzz app, people used it as a good thing, I swear I had good intentions. I'm going to go lurk some more in the TTGP and hopefully can be welcomed there after starting off on more than the wrong foot here!

Good girl!! Well done. I believe your intentions were good and you will do just fine over there. Just keep lurking....just keep lurking... (in Dori's voice)
    Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Thank you for coming back an owning up to your bad choice of words.
  • Just did a search as suggested....I had no idea...I feel awful. Totally different meaning than from the pregbuzz app, people used it as a good thing, I swear I had good intentions. I'm going to go lurk some more in the TTGP and hopefully can be welcomed there after starting off on more than the wrong foot here!

Thanks for wearing your big girl panties! You'll get along well here.
  • didi0308didi0308 member
    edited August 2015
    Ladies from TTGP!!! Lord!!! Leave them alone!!! It's not your board. You have one. No need to creep over here and try to kill the happy for others. Just be nice. And if you can't, keep it over there. These folks can create their own community.
    **Removed for TOU Violation**

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s shift to an unwelcoming tone. Creating threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"