High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Placenta previa

I was just diagnosed with complete placenta previa at 18 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has has this, and what was your outcome.

Re: Placenta previa

• Options
    I was to diagnosed with complete placenta previa. I am now 31 weeks and my doctor said my placenta has moved up and I may be able to have a natural birth. As the baby grows the placenta will move up. Good luck to you and your little one!
  • Options
    Thank you so much. I am truly hoping it does.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited August 2015
    Same as @crash101scott, mine moved up! I'm 34 weeks and my uterus really just moved up, everyone's body is different and I guess some just take longer!
  • Options
    I am 17 wks and found out a week ago. I am really hoping it moves..in the meantime I just take it very easy and wait it out..gl
  • Options
    Thank you, I am not worried about having to have a c section. I just don't want him to be born early. I am already on progesterone shots because my son was premature. I just want a healthy baby.
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with placenta previa with both of my pregnancies.  Both times it moved as baby grew.  Ended up having c-sections anyway, but not due to placenta issues. 
  • Options
    Mine also moved up within 10 weeks of finding out :) don't worry too much!
  • Options
    In most cases it does move as your pregnancy progresses but it is always good to be prepared for what could happen if it doesn't.  I have had placenta preavia 3 times.   Twice it has moved.  

Make sure you talk with your doctor about your concerns and come up with a plan if bleeding starts.  Preavia is scary but just have hope it moves and that all will be okay.  

Erin

Mom to 3 Boys (Ages 10, 8 & 3)

Mom to 3 Angels

BabyFruit Ticker