Austin Babies

Concerned about Vaccinations

I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight on vaccinations. I'm a Vegan FTM and I eat mostly whole foods; I throw in some processed soy occasionally. I'm super concerned about vaccines and "pushy" doctors. Please help!!!

Re: Concerned about Vaccinations

• I'm delaying vaccinations until my baby is at least 2 years old. At that point I will decide to either not vax at all, or space her vaccines out, only doing one at a time.
  • I appreciate your reply. Have you asked your pediatrician for a list of vaccinations and what's in them? My OB/GYN had no clue and told me to ask my pediatrician (which I don't have).
  • Loading the player...
  • Whew...I know this is a controversial topic so I will just state my personal choice.  
    I am going to follow the recommended schedules.  I have a cardiac arrhythmia and my baby has a chance to inherit it.  I don't want to do anything that would put them in unnecessary danger.  I feel like measles, hepatitis, polio, etc are true risks to him.  However, after reading multiple research study results I can see that autism and other "suspected" dangers of vaccinations are completely untrue.  
    It is scary having a baby.  I want to do everything to protect him.  I eat organic, avoid processed foods, and do everything I can to keep myself and him healthy.  Vaccinations are an important part of the equation in keeping us both healthy.  
  • Oh and I nearly forgot: 
    Here is the recommended vaccination schedule for Texas.  Once your child starts attending preschool/kinder/elem they will need to be on this schedule or you will need to file for a Certification of Exemption.
  • Steer clear of Austin regional clinic they recently put in place a policy that they will not treat or care for patients that aren't vaccinated. Whichever side of the fence you are on, I'm not sure this is the way to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We've been a patient with Austin Regional Clinic for 2 years now and although they have enforced a policy about not treating children who don't vaccinate, our doc has been awesome. I told her I wanted my son on an extended schedule and I fully intend to vaccinate him with all recommended shots, however stupid they seem to me.(Hep A, Hep B)  With that said, I think vaccinations are important.  I don't however think they're THAT important to get them all at once.  My son is now a thriving 2 1/2 year old.  I intend to put my future baby in my belly on an extended schedule as well.