High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Hospitalized at 30 weeks for contractions

I have T1D which makes me high risk but anyway I originally went in due to a bloody discharge I had (which was due to being too active and from intercourse several days before) but they found many other things to keep me hospitalized overnight and transferred to another hospital to see a Perinatologist. Apparantly I was and still am having contractions every 5-7 minutes. However I was quite dehydrated, have a UTI, and a slight Kidney Infection, my fluid in my uterus is at a 24 when it should be between 9-20, I tested positive for the Fetal Fobronectin test, my cervix is closed, I'm 50% effaced due to the darn contractions, and my blood sugars have been running high (200s). They told me I'm at risk for Pre Term and no more work, or intercourse until I have baby
This is the beginning of day 2 in the hospital, just curious if there are others with similar problems and feedback/support?

Re: Hospitalized at 30 weeks for contractions

• Options
    Hi @faithy4812 I'm not in the exact position you are, but didn't want to read and run. You are at 30 weeks, which is already a good spot to be in, and plus you are in the hospital, so while it might not be the most fun time, you will have constant monitoring and help to get you even further along! I was also having contractions from dehydration and I was in the hospital for just a few hours for it, but they told me to add a potassium supplement, electrolyte water and/or coconut water. I also started taking nifedipine for the contractions, and the combination of these things have calmed my contractions down a decent bit.

Also I have read many stories on positive FFN tests and those women ended up carrying for several more weeks. It's not a guarantee that you will be delivering soon, and from I understand a negative result is more useful in diagnosis than a positive one. Hang in there mama, good luck and keep us posted!