D.C. Area Babies
Options

TTC, Moving to Arlington

Hello,
I know most people are on another board, but figured I would take a shot here first.  I am not a mom yet (TTC).  I live in Silver Spring and am moving to Ballston and work in Reston.  My ob, who I do not like, is in Wheaton.  I would like a recommendation for one in Arlington.  
Thank you!

Re: TTC, Moving to Arlington

• Options
    I live in the Ballston area as well, but I go to Capital Women's Care in Foggy Bottom - I love my doctor and it's close to my work which I prefer since appointments are usually during the day.  This probably isn't helpful, but you should decide where you want to deliver and then look at doctors who deliver there.

Me: 30   DH: 33

TTC #1 since June 2014

Baby #1 coming March 2016

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Thanks! I have no idea where I want to deliver.... I guess I'll ask that too.  What is recommended and what is recommended to avoid? I do not know if a place by work or home is best.  My DH works in Ballston and I drive our only car to work in Reston, so I guess for him making appointments close to Ballston or at least off a Metro exit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go to Northern Virginia Physicians to Women at the Virginia Hospital Center on North George Mason Drive in Arlington. I really like their office
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been thinking of switching to the INOVA practice.  https://www.inova.org/inova-medical-group/adult/obgyn

They're on N. Glebe.  I delivered at INOVA Fairfax and really loved my experience there both times.  Our little one stayed in the NICU for a week, and I've nothing but great things to say about their staff and nurses.  I also brought our other to Virginia Hospital when she was 6 days old, and they were fantastic.

I'm in the Ballston area.  I currently go to Elite OB/Gyn, but I've been thinking of changing.
  • Options
    It's not Arlington, but it's close... Physicians and Midwives were my doctors and I LOVE them! I delivered at INOVA Alexandria off 395 and Seminary Rd. I grew up in Arlington but moved out to Waldorf a couple years ago. I love these doctors/midwives and the hospital so much we delivered there rather than one of the many hospitals closer to our home.
  • Options
    SgtLou2SgtLou2 member
    edited November 2015
    I just found this board today, so I apologize for jumping in as I haven't introduced myself properly elsewhere yet. But I go to Capital Women's Care, Fairfax Office. Most of the doctors that see patients out of my office also see patients in the Alexandria office (Dr. Stas delivered DD at Fairfax hospital). I believe that if you are seen in the Alexandra office they will deliver you at Fairfax Hospital. They have an Arlington office and those Drs deliver at Virginia Hospital Center, but I am not familiar with any of those doctors. Either way, I really like the practice (and particularly I like Hibshman and Holmberg, but they're all great doctors).

Edit: wording