TTC After a Loss
Options

the GRIPPING fear

MamaRoniMamaRoni member
edited August 2015 in TTC After a Loss
I think we've just crossed over from ttc after loss to pregnancy after loss... and let me Tell you...
I was blissfully naive of my emotions. I feel I had hit rock bottom and everything in between. But here I am.... just over 4 weeks.... and FREAKING OUT..
NOT ONE HAPPY MOMENT YET. I am scared to absolute death.

How are we supposed to do this?

Re: the GRIPPING fear

• Options
    We are supposed to do this one day at a time.

There is no real way to get around the fact that ttc after a loss sucks. We've all lost the ability to be blissfully happy during pregnancy. I'm sorry that you've had a loss and are struggling with the fear you are left with. It's a very hard thing.

The thing with pregnancy, as we are all aware, is we have zero control over what happens. So, the way I see it, we all have two choices. We can either let the fear over take us and have it color everything in our lives or we can choose to try to get a handle on the fear and be cautiously optimistic and have a chance at enjoying more of life. The second choice is very hard, and it definitely is not a skill acquired over night.

I have had two losses back to back in 6 months. The second time I was pregnant I also struggled with fear but each day I told myself until anyone tells me other wise I am pregnant right now. I didn't think too far in advance that time and it helped. I was able to be cautiously optimistic. Unfortunately for me it still ended in a loss, but Now, as I sit on the other side after losing that pregnancy I still plan to make the same choice if given a third chance at pregnancy.

Fear ruins everything. We have to fight against it. Have you ever seen a counselor or therapist? I highly recommend it. They can give you tools to fight the fear.

I wish you the best of luck with your rainbow baby.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    Congrats! It's hard.. hang in there.

I've had 2 1st tri losses and possibly a chemical pregnancy in the last 6 months. The second pregnancy was tough after the loss. I was excited but still nervous. When I got the BFP on the third I could not be excited. I was terrified and shocked. All I could think about was potentially going thru another level of hell with a third loss before my original due date! The reason I say it's possibly a chemical is because the doctors won't confirm if it was a new pregnancy or residual hcg from my miscarriage. We weren't very careful before my first cycle after the D&C. I did not at all realize the emotional state I was in until seeing that second line again. I honestly wanted to be happy but I just couldn't manage. I couldn't hold back the fear. Now that I've had a cycle I'm feeling a little better but I'm still worried about getting that next bfp. I'm afraid that another loss will break me beyond repair and I have all but lost any optimism about pregnancy that I had before. Maybe I will get some of that back once I make it thru 1st tri of a pregnancy. I hope so.

Just know that you aren't alone in your feelings. Anyone who has been pgal knows that feeling to some extent. You have terrible memories to overcome and you have been thru hell. But you have this wonderful community to lean on. There is a whole board dedicated to PGAL. That's an amazing place to start. I'm sure you will have some other pgal mommas in your bmb too. Sending t&p your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. Just got a bfp wednesday after two losses. i have to keep reeling myself back in. My numbers are good so far but the fear is still there. Just trying to take it a day at a time like pp said, sometimes minute by minute. Do you have an appointment? Will they check your levels? Congratulations and try to breathe easy!
  • Options
    Congrats to you! I'm in the same boat- 4 weeks 2 days and a nervous wreck. I was so incredibly happy for the first 24 hours and now the fear has set in big time and all I do is Google and worry. I hope you get some peace of mind soon!
  • Options
    ALC08 said:

I'm right there with you. Just got a bfp wednesday after two losses. i have to keep reeling myself back in. My numbers are good so far but the fear is still there. Just trying to take it a day at a time like pp said, sometimes minute by minute. Do you have an appointment? Will they check your levels? Congratulations and try to breathe easy!

I got my BFP on Wednesday and my doc had me check my levels Thursday. My hcg was 707 and progesterone 27.2. When I spoke with him friday he wanted me to come in Monday so he could "check for one sac or two".... the possibility of twins never even crossed my mind (although I have a set).... Im just freaked out about the pregnancy itself... but the possibility of twins scares me more from the aspect there's double the chances something could go wrong....
  • Options
    I go back in monday as well! Did he say why he thinks it could be twins? I have been wondering the same although I'm not sure why. I understand what you mean. I know a couple of ppl who had vanishing twins so it worries me too. But lots of women have healthy twins! Try to stay positive. I should get my results tuesday. My first reading was 626 and 20 something, friday they were over 1800 and 30 something. Will they check your numbers again? Let me know what you find out. I'm hoping it is all good news!!
  • Options
    Thank all of you for your support so far. Like .... I've cried several times today because I am just so scared. Obviously. .. I wasn't emotionally ready for this. Hopefully that doesn't translate to not physically ready....