3rd Trimester
Options

35 weeks. Miserable, uncomfortable. When will this be over?

2»

Re: 35 weeks. Miserable, uncomfortable. When will this be over?

• Options
    My doctor said that once I hit 34wks that there would be no reason to stop me if I went into labor. Not that they would want me to have a premature baby but that baby would be ok if he decided to come. I am almost 36wks now and I always thought I would love being pregnant and it would be this magical time but boy was I wrong. I haven't had any major problems besides extreme morning sickness but I don't like the way I feel, the not sleeping, constant bathroom trips and body aches .. I'm ready!
    That's really early for the doctor to not want to stop labor.  I thought usually they would try and prevent labor until at least 37 weeks so long as it doesn't put the baby in danger?  34 weeks just seems REALLY early and would almost guarantee a stay in NICU.  No judgments btw, that just really threw me off when I read it.
  • Options
    It's typcially true. Most Drs will not stop labor after 34 weeks. (I'm a L&D RN) while it's not preferred to have a preterm baby the medication needed to help stop labor at 34 weeks has so many side effects to both mom and baby and most 34 week babies do very well. So very rarely will a dr stop labor once you are 34 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Crystal321 trust me I was just as shocked as you were when she said that!
  • Options

Why are people in a rush to have their babies?
    Yes last Tri is hard yes it's uncomfortable yes HB is a bitch. But guess what it's what you signed up for, and you know what else? When you have that baby in your arms you will forget all of this and think what was I fussing for.

This. Also, while meeting the baby is super awesome, if you think the last weeks of pregnancy are a bitch, wait until you meet the first two weeks PP. It's the worst.
  • Options

It's typcially true. Most Drs will not stop labor after 34 weeks. (I'm a L&D RN) while it's not preferred to have a preterm baby the medication needed to help stop labor at 34 weeks has so many side effects to both mom and baby and most 34 week babies do very well. So very rarely will a dr stop labor once you are 34 weeks.

Yea I would tend to agree. I was born at 34 weeks 5lb 6 oz and healthy just a little jaundice and colic that lasted til I was 2 or 3 but hey I turned out ok and my mom lived ;-). Guess it would also depend how baby is measuring. For instance my baby is measuring small/behind so every week is crucial to go further.

• Options
    They always say the last month is the worst for discomfort and they don't lie lol. I was lucky with my daughter to never really have that much discomfort. But with my son ever since 35 weeks I've been so uncomfortable I'm 37 weeks today and it just keeps getting worse and worse lol. It takes me an hour sometimes longer to fall asleep at night because, I can't get comfortable and than once I do I have to pee or something happens that I have to get up -.- heartburn, back pain, pressure, braxton contractions, all around body pain and aches it sucks lol! 
    But all worth it in the end =) Everyone goes through at some point in their pregnancy discomfort! Hang in there mama, you are so close! Even though you want him out now, he needs these last few weeks to get stronger =) 
  • Options
    Some of us have it more difficult than others. I am 37weeks 3 days and still working full time as a night shift ICU RN. I am on my feet for the greater part of 12 hours in a high stress and physically demanding job. The baby is so low and putting pressure on the pelvic nerves that I get shooting pains down my legs, and aching feet and lower back. Since I only get 12 weeks off I want to save my time for him because coming back to this will not be easy either. So yes I am dying for him to be born. On top of all that I'm still occasionally puking because that never really stopped. I am not feeling
  • Options
    I'm 35 weeks also and at 32 weeks I I was in active labour. Possibly the scariest thing ever! But the hospital had to medicate me to stop the labour and since then I've been having severe braxton hicks to the point I've been at the hospital 3 times because I thought it was happening all over again! I can sympathise! I also understand the relationship thing too. I hope everything goes okay or you and that your LO takes a hint and gives you some peace lol I think at this point we deserve to be comfortable and happy, not miserable and emotional and horrible lol xx
  • Options
    @GingerTurtles Real Immature.
  • Options

@GingerTurtles Real Immature.

@kcannon7511 Thanks for bumping a week old thread to contribute nothing helpful. You do realize the person you're chastising is banned, right?
  • Options
    I know how you feel I am at 36 weeks and every movement I make is worse than the last, my heartburn is so bad that I end up tossing my cookies many times. I just keep telling myself I have gotten this far it is almost over. Besides my first was 10 days late so right now I am just happy I know I won't have to wait that long.
    Pregnancy Ticker