Baby Showers
Options

Registry Welcome Message Help

Hey ladies,
I have been working on my baby registry and and struggling with the wording for our registry welcome message.  When I searched the bump for ideas, most previous posts focused on asking for specific gifts, telling guests they wouldn't accept certain things, or seemed generally gift-grabby and entitled.  I would like to have a message that conveys how grateful we are in general and maybe something about the greatest gift we could receive is our friends/ family's love and support.  So far I have:
Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for visiting our baby registry.  We appreciate all of the support we've received from friends and family since we learned about this exciting news! We cannot wait to meet our baby boy and are so happy to be bringing him into such a loving home.  
Love, 
(me) and (hubs)
Thoughts?  Too much, too little too cheesy?  Should I just skip the welcome message all together?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Registry Welcome Message Help

• Options
    I would skip the welcome message. It just seems, unnecesary.
  • Options
    You don't have to fill that in.  Just leave it blank.  Your instincts are right; there's no way to use a message that doesn't sound awkward and tacky.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.  The more I've thought about it, the more tortured and unnatural it sounds.  I appreciate your input. 
  • Options
    The only thing I ever pay attention to in the welcome message is whether it's a boy, girl, or twins.
  • Options
    VORVOR member
    Yup, skip it.  If any of my friends did one, I have no clue.  I've never paid attention.