Parenting

Minor Rant - MIL

This is more of a rant because I really have no one else to talk to about my MIL and I don't know if I'm being petty at this point or not.   My DH already knows his mom's issues and how it irritates me, but I hate bringing certain things up because I know it upsets him and he feels stuck in the middle since he can't say anything without it turning into a meltdown on her side.   We moved half way across the country from my in-laws about 2 years ago (We used to live about 4 hours away).   We have been asking them to come visit us for over a year and we would pay for the plane tickets - its been a whole other issues dealing with why they couldn't come.  They finally came and talked about how they had so much fun and loved visiting their grandson, taking tons of pictures.   Well my MIL posted a bunch of pictures online but she set the privacy setting so literally only my husband and his sister can see the pictures.  I can only see one that she tagged me in.  I'm annoyed because her daughter, son-in-law and other 2 grandchildren live with them, she takes care of them while the parents work and she constantly posts a million pictures for everyone in the world to see her "amazing, adorable, smart" grandchildren. But for my son, she posts so only 2 people can see ?   To me that is pretty petty and not sure if she thinks I'm too dumb to realize what she did or its her crazy way of showing her feelings about us living so far away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Minor Rant - MIL

• Maybe it was an oversight or she thought by tagging your husband she didn't need to tag you ?  

• Maybe it was an oversight or she thought by tagging your husband she didn't need to tag you ?  

This.  But also, maybe she feels like you wouldn't want his photos available to everyone for privacy reasons and she's limiting access for that.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm thinking she just didn't think about it like pp said. gl!
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21

This.  But also, maybe she feels like you wouldn't want his photos available to everyone for privacy reasons and she's limiting access for that.  

We have a rule - no pictures posted online. Once I was at MIL's house and a family friend took a pic of DS. MIL made sure to tell her she couldn't post it - because we were clear from the beginning that it was not allowed. Maybe your MIL doesn't know if she is allowed to post pics for everyone to see and is erring on the side of caution.
  • First of all, I'm just going to say that I wouldn't be too suspicious of a grandmother not being 100% Facebook proficient. Second, for most people it is the opposite here in terms of being annoyed at posting online. I bet she is just being mindful of your child's privacy.
    BabyFruit Ticker