June 2015 Moms

FFFQ: flame free Friday questions 7/24

124»

Re: FFFQ: flame free Friday questions 7/24

• Sooo no one told me sex after a csection would be incredibly painful! Any ladies experiencing this? Any tips? Is numbing lube a thing? I feel like a virgin again and I do not like it. I don't think my first time even hurt this bad.
  • ^^^^^ oh lady. Sex after baby no matter what....?!?'%#^* ugh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sooo no one told me sex after a csection would be incredibly painful! Any ladies experiencing this? Any tips? Is numbing lube a thing? I feel like a virgin again and I do not like it. I don't think my first time even hurt this bad.

i dont have any tips from experience for you. but maybe dont have sex for a bit. there is obviously more to sex than virginia sex. i would just try to ease into it over a period of time. just have him use his fingers, or a small toy. let him know it hurts you but dont let it stop you from being intimate. theres so many options.
  • @JessHeppell yeah we still managed to have a lot of fun but I was so surprised at how bad it hurt! I didn't even let him continue! We decided to give it a couple weeks.
  • ive got a question. how do you know when to change diaper sizes?
  • edited August 2015

@JessHeppell yeah we still managed to have a lot of fun but I was so surprised at how bad it hurt! I didn't even let him continue! We decided to give it a couple weeks.

We can only do missionary, which is so sad... And still not entirely without pain. Week 8 now, and it's gotten better each time, but it still hurts. Ugh. My baby arrived via Virginia, don't know if that changes what's possible for you, re: c-section

Diaper packages have weight ranges on them. Toward the end of our last newborn size package we tested a Size 1 to see if we could switch or if we needed another package of the smaller size.

• WTF do they have on those hospital bandaids?! A film of super glue???? I swear a layer of skin came off with them. Soaking in the tub doesn't help either--more like it facilitates the removal of two layers of skin. Poor girl :( anyone have any better ideas for next time removal (or I'm just taking some with me for them to use)?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• bobjo31 said:

WTF do they have on those hospital bandaids?! A film of super glue???? I swear a layer of skin came off with them. Soaking in the tub doesn't help either--more like it facilitates the removal of two layers of skin. Poor girl :( anyone have any better ideas for next time removal (or I'm just taking some with me for them to use)?

Alcohol!! I have super hairy arms :(

Definitely need lube first few times... Breastfeeding takes a toll on the natural lube

Trial and error .. The pounds recommended on the diapers/size over lap by like 4 or five pounds.. Depends on your baby.. The brand.. Etc

We went up to size 1 in the honest diapers tonight after I got peed on twice while feeding my LO this week. He's 9 pounds 9 ounces as of today.
  • HayesRN13HayesRN13 member
    edited August 2015
    We are about to move to size two.. LO is almost 9 weeks and 14 pounds

Eta- because stupid phone doesn't recognize "two"
  • another stupid question. but for those who have had to cut out dairy.. where do you get your calcium from?
  • HayesRN13 said:

Sooo no one told me sex after a csection would be incredibly painful! Any ladies experiencing this? Any tips? Is numbing lube a thing? I feel like a virgin again and I do not like it. I don't think my first time even hurt this bad.

Definitely need lube first few times... Breastfeeding takes a toll on the natural lube

Thank goodness for lube.
  • @JessHeppell I drink almond/coconut milk that is fortified with calcium and actually has more calcium than milk.
  • @JessHeppell Dark leafy greens like spinach, almonds, Brazil nuts... Sardines ;)