Minnesota Babies

VBAC-anyplace NOT require continuous monitoring?

As the title says...do any of the local hospitals NOT require continuous monitoring for a VBAC? I'm most interested in Abbott Northwestern, Regions, United, St Johns, and Woodwinds since those are the ones with providers my insurance would cover.

Re: VBAC-anyplace NOT require continuous monitoring?

• edited June 2015
    Hi! I don't have personal experience with VBAC but I know Health Foundations on Grand in Saint Paul does not do continuous monitoring period and will accept VBAC moms depending on your health history. They also work with most insurance plans!
  • Yeah, that would be my initial thought, too, and see if Health Foundations or the MN Birth Center would take you. Since it's Nurse Midwives I doubt they take high risk patients so I guess it depends on why you have a c-section with your prior pregnancy(ies).

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks.  I had placenta previa with my last pregancy, but from what I understand that is unlikely to happen again.
  • Oh, totally. I wouldn't consider you high risk, but not sure how it works if you're TOLAC if a MW would consider that alone as "high risk" for c-section? I don't think the research supports that so it's definitely worth checking out.....

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • Just an FYI Health Foundations will only take a vbac mom at the birth center if she has previously had a vaginal birth. Otherwise you will be at the hospital with Hartung and cfm.

• Marettie said:

Just an FYI Health Foundations will only take a vbac mom at the birth center if she has previously had a vaginal birth. Otherwise you will be at the hospital with Hartung and cfm.

I LOVE Dr. Hartung
    Wife to B-2008 Mom to O-2009 Secondary infertility BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Me too! He delivered my 1st vbac, but now he's in Baldwin WI and not delivering for HF anymore.