August 2013 Moms

Crib to Bed

Has your LO climbed out of the crib yet? My LO did last night. I'm thinking we are going straight to twin bed (our crib doesn't convert). Any suggestions on what to look for?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Crib to Bed

• We are waiting till 2nd birthday then straight to a queen size
  • Our little gal climbed out of her crib a couple months ago. She does have a convertible crib but we just ordered a new twin bed. We ordered the mattress from Tuft & Needle (great company, affordable, quality mattresses) and are hunting for a frame, either slatted or thin box spring. We want to keep her lower to the floor, not too high. Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • No climbing out here.. I think she's too scared. I haven't thought about when to convert her crib into a bed either.
  • Update. We were given a twin size frame from my cousin. Our LO hasn't climbed out since the first time, so now I elthink we are going to hold off a little longer. I am due in September with our second and really prefer our first to stay in his crib. If he gets out again we will definitely switch out to the bed.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Update we finished his room early so started sleeping in his big boy queen size Tuesday. He has done great both at bed and nap time