December 2015 Moms
Options

Moms with twins..how much weight have you gained?

I am almost 22 weeks and i have gained 18 lbs.....i feel huge and the babies are big too..at the 20 week scan they were 13oz..and 17oz. Just wondering if you all have gained asuch weight?

Re: Moms with twins..how much weight have you gained?

• Options
    At my 19 week ultrasound I had gained 10 pounds at that point, the babies were 11oz and 10oz
  • Options
    I was really sick in the beginning - I lost 15 lbs. I am now back to my starting weight. So I guess I have gained 15 lbs. I was getting really worried because I know you are supposed to gain a certain amount to help make sure they are healthy. Now that I can eat, I am making up for it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kelseyjane2015 yea...i wasnt gaining to much at first but just in the last two weeks i have gained most of it...they also started kicking alot...maybe i just have big boys lol
  • Options
    At my OB I lost 2 pounds. The next day, I went to my MFM and gained 6. My girls are 7 ounces each and I'm measuring 20 weeks(18 weeks along). I read in a couple different books that weight gain with multiples would be more.
  • Options
    I haven't gained anything as of yet and at my last ultrasound at 18wks they each weighed 8oz
  • Options
    I don't own a scale (they are the devil) but at my 15 week appointment I had gained 10lbs. I was really skinny before I got pregnant and my MS had me living on carbs and eating every 2 hours for 6 straight weeks. I didn't gain anything between 7wks and 15wks though. I have my 20wk anatomy scan this week - hopefully I won't have gained a ton yet. My doctor says at 20weeks I should expect to gain a pound a week. Holy smokes!

I will say with a bella band all my pants still fit - I'm told I am all stomach (I disagree but appreciate the compliment. Lol)
  • Options
    At my 18 week appt and scan I had gained 5lbs and the babies were 8 and 9 oz
  • Options
    So far, at 21 weeks, I've gained about 15 pounds. Babies are measuring 15 oz and 13 oz.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'd gained 16 lbs when I went in for anatomy scan at 20 wks and babies were weighing 15 and 16oz.
  • Options
    @GoodSuri I should note that I am also fairly overweight, so the change in diet contributed to the weight loss as well. I'm just glad my boys are healthy :) At my 20 wk appointment they were 10oz and 11oz. I am 21+1 and I am just now feeling little kicks due to an anterior placenta.