February 2016 Moms
Options

Sex while pregnant

I do not like sex at all while pregnant. My husband says I'm nuts lol is it only me that's like this ?

Re: Sex while pregnant

• Options
    Is there a reason you don't want or like sex?

Also answer is no- I'm not like this. Though we haven't been dtd much because I've been barfing which is not sexy
  • Options
    At first I was all about it with this pregnancy - now I just do not feel sexy at all, I've already gained almost 10 lbs. in the first trimester and just feel fat but my husband has been insatiable lately, I feel so bad but I'm just not feeling it all right now. I think once I start actually looking somewhat pregnant I will be more into it (or at least I hope so). 

When I was pregnant with our son I couldn't get enough but I also didn't start showing for quite some time. I've heard there are women who absolutely can't get enough while pregnant (since you're more sensitive) but there's women also who can go the whole pregnancy without it. So I think either way is normal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am loving sex while I am pregnant and my husband is too! :)
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    I wanted nothing to do with sex when I was pregnant with my daughter. Just zero sex drive. This time around I'd be happy to have sex all the time lol. I don't know what is different but I can't seem to get enough. Totally different from my first.
  • Options
    Chimes12Chimes12 member
    edited July 2015
    Currently it's great. Usually most of our sex involved alcohol (not needed but just seemed to be when we were also both available for it) but since I got pregnant it happens semi regularly. He's also 100% more into my boobs being bigger which I think adds to his excitement.

Edited since I originally said I was against initial feelings but seems to be 50/50 on opinion. Started typing, got a call, then continued without reading new reaponses. Oops.
  • Options
    FTM - I'm exhausted and feel gross - so drive for wanting - not too high... when we actual do - feels amazing - I'll take the being more sensitive part of pregnancy thank you very much.
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Options
    I haven't been into it either. Being tired and nauseous just doesn't turn me on. And the few times I felt like it, it was less comfortable than usual. Not painful exactly, but different in an unpleasant way. It makes me sad. Now that I'm almost 12 weeks, I have a little more energy and no nausea, so sex drive is coming back a bit, but I hope I don't continue to find it uncomfortable. :(
  • Options
    Being on an orgasm restriction my entire last pregnancy (pretty much) I've been too afraid to do it until my 16 week cervix check. Sooo paranoid!
  • Options
    @babymakes8ofus also totally not into it.  Like I try, feel bad for the guy, but I am so freaking tiered.  I go home from work, work on the home business for like 1 hour, take a nap, get up make dinner, eat, return to bed.

Sex.  HA!  I relented over the weekend, and it was eventually enjoyable, but me asking for it? NOPE.  I kinda hope that will change, because between the healing time after birth, it will be a long year for both of us.
  • Options
    Well I'm not feeling sexy at all. Always tired. And I feel like it's not just us while we have sex if that makes sense. We are also on different schedules I work days he works nights. I know he has need so I do have sex and my husband will not stop until I orgasim. It doesn't hurt but my orgasim's are much stronger that it's uncomfortable if that makes sense
  • Options
    gmjpeach1 said:

@babymakes8ofus also totally not into it.  Like I try, feel bad for the guy, but I am so freaking tiered.  I go home from work, work on the home business for like 1 hour, take a nap, get up make dinner, eat, return to bed.

Sex.  HA!  I relented over the weekend, and it was eventually enjoyable, but me asking for it? NOPE.  I kinda hope that will change, because between the healing time after birth, it will be a long year for both of us.

I sometimes wonder if DH even knows about the healing time. I feel like he should but I have my doubts.
  • Options
    Thanks you guys are great to talk and vent to
  • Options
    I am 13 weeks now and at first I was really in the mood but now it is getting a little weird. I have to say that the additional sensitivity is not happening here and I want it sometimes but other times I don't. My husband loves my belly and tells me that it is a turn on for him which makes me feel better after looking in the mirror. I hope that my drive will get better, but right now I am in a bit of a slump.
  • Options
    I'm so nauseous/have a stomach ache all the time, so absolutely that does not help. We're usually very intimate and DH is so sad. Not that I don't want it, I just feel so sick! Seems like the right thread to post and ask........TMI warning maybe?.......... I have been having "sex dreams" and have woken up 3 times orgasiming... Anyone else? Is that weird? Never happened before in my life.
  • Options

I'm so nauseous/have a stomach ache all the time, so absolutely that does not help. We're usually very intimate and DH is so sad. Not that I don't want it, I just feel so sick! Seems like the right thread to post and ask........TMI warning maybe?.......... I have been having "sex dreams" and have woken up 3 times orgasiming... Anyone else? Is that weird? Never happened before in my life.

YES! I did a few times when I was 5-7 wks and I'm currently 13 and my sex drive is coming back...i didn't think it was possible but it happened lol
  • Options
    We've had sex once. H LOVED it; said it was so great.. I thought it was super uncomfortable and almost on the painful side.. we also tried once before that and I stopped it because it hurt too much. We'll probably try some more in the next couple weeks now that we're heading into 2nd tri. Hopefully it'll feel better...

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    Omg yes! It's freaking me out. I've had them in the past but now it's like I have one every couple weeks!
  • Options
    At the risk of way tmi....

I was having the painful/uncomfortable issue with sex like y'all are mentioning and I tried lifting my knees up a bit and kind of wrapping legs around his waist... Seems to "rearrange" things and helps with the discomfort.
  • Options
    Yes please.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    TegzyTegzy member
    100% ZERO sex drive here...no interest in it what so ever on any level...I feel sick and unattractive and tired...im glad my partner is very understanding but I do feel bad for him...poor guy.
  • Options
    Chimes12Chimes12 member
    edited July 2015
    OMG the sex dreams. And sometimes I like it and sometimes I feel like i should feel guilty. Only once was DH in them. The others ranged from weird to ultra kinky.
  • Options
    I want sex, but I'm so bloated and tired that I also don't want anything to do with it. I'm hoping by 2 trimester I feel better and my drive goes up.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Really not in to sex right now. We still have sex pretty regularly but I have to make myself get in the mood, when I never had to before. I feel gross and exhausted and I usually make excuses like "you better make this quick or I might throw up all over you" just to get it over with. I really want our regular sex life back. Hopefully once I get out of this funk it will be better. I know DH is happy to get whenever he possible can and the caliber probably doesn't matter too much to him at this point, but I just want it to be fun again.   

View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• Options
    Latina211508Latina211508 member
    edited July 2015
    Some women don't want sex during pregnancy while others want it constantly. Every woman is different. I don't think you're nuts you're probably just not in the mood/feeling it. My husband and I are still having as much sex as we did before I found out I was pregnant. We only stopped for a couple weeks due to pelvic rest restrictions.
  • Options
    I can't get enough of it! 

30, DH - 41
    Married - 12/28/13
    Pregnant w/ #2
    DS - 22 Months 1/29/16
    EDD: DS 4/1/18
  • Options
    Sex causes all my sickness to go away! You should let your DH start on you with a little oral and go from there!
  • Options
    Really? I really just don't have any desire for sex. When I do eventually it is enjoyable but the orgasm is so strong it's kind of uncomfortable. This may sound strange but I feel guilty and kind of like I did something wrong . As a mother it's hard for me to do things for me and enjoy my self without guilt . So sex while pregnant feels wrong
  • Options
    Im super excited! I had not been into sex AT ALL up until a week ago. I felt bad too because we're both young. Im 19 and he's 18 and neither of us has ever had sex with anyone else so when I just stopped wanting sex even though my boobs have been getting bigger and everything it was just absolute torture for him. But now I can't get enough and I'm wearing him out haha. Gotta love a guy who can put up with hormones. ^-^
  • Options
    nikki_rose7nikki_rose7 member
    edited August 2015
    Ah I love pregnancy sex. I think it's way better than non pregnancy sex. LOL, call me crazy. I felt the same last pregnancy.

• Options
    It's hard for me during the first trimester, always happens! But things quickly turn around during second and third!! And I have vivid, crazy sex dreams in second & third. Your aversion should go away!!
    Happily Married to Tim {10-11-2003}
    Isabella {09-02-05} & Savannah {03-02-07} & Bradley {02-06-10}

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I don't want sex normally.. occasionally yes. I think it's normal. Often I have sex with my man because I know that once we get into it I'm going to enjoy it. But until then just thinking about it makes me wanna say no, and I definetly don't initiate as much as I used to.
  • Options
    I didn't like sex my first pregnancy. I'm only 10 weeks right now but sex makes my morning sickness go away lol so I'm ok with it at the moment. When I get bigger I have no idea how I'll fell about it.