TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro / 10 days post D&C and ready to move on

Hi ladies,

I’m new to the bump and I posted last night for the first time on a different board but then I realized I should have introduced myself here first. A little background: my DH and I have been married for almost 5 years but we haven’t started TTC until this year. I got pregnant a couple of months ago but at the first ultrasound I was diagnosed with a MMC at 6 1/2 weeks (should have been 8+). At first I waited to pass naturally, but after over a week of waiting with no symptoms of MC, I started getting anxious and decided to have a D&C. This was 10 days ago and I have my follow-up appointment later this week. It’s felt like such a long wait because I’ve felt physically & emotionally fine since 2 days after the D&C. I feel a little guilty for wanting to move on so soon after a MC, telling myself I should still be grieving… but I feel ready to start TTC again (after AF comes, which could still take a while).

Anyway, thank you for reading and good luck to everyone!

Re: Intro / 10 days post D&C and ready to move on

• Options
    Hi - I'm sorry you've been through a loss- I don't think you should feel guilty. I firmly believe there is no shame in any of the feelings that come with pregnancy loss. There is no "correct" or "proper" response.

Best of luck to you!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    LC917LC917 member
    Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I agree with PP! Everyone deals differently. It helped me to talk on the bump, especially on the miscarriage and loss forums. I  also did not enjoy being in "limbo" between the D&C and my first AF. We are currently on our first cycle of TTC.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LC917LC917 member
    Thanks @klauerinaking and sorry for your loss as well. I’m not enjoying the “limbo” either… not knowing if it will take 2 months for AF to show up, and having protected sex is no fun. 8-|  Wishing you the best of luck!
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss, but glad you found this community. One thing to remind yourself is that grief is not linear. Some days we feel fine, others grief hits like a freight train. But, over time, we tend to have more good days than bad. Don't get down on yourself about wanting to move forward, it does not mean that you are disrespecting your lost LO. As long as you aren't pushing yourself too hard because of a driving need to be pregnant again as soon as possible (tied to the denial stage of grief), the simple desire to try again isn't harmful or something to feel guilt over.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage