Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What about your SO?

benicodebenicode member
edited July 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Does he give you the sideways glance for spending a "decent" amount of time on TB? Or ask you when you're on your computer.....'What are you doing?' And you casually answer...'Oh, nothing...."

Me either. 

Edited for grammar
BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
TTC Dec '13
BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
BFP 3/6/2016

Re: What about your SO?

• Options

lol yeah I sometimes switch to a different tab >< He thinks I'm on here too much and stress myself out.I really don't though but he believes we will just have sex and get pregnant soon.I have hypothyroidism and very long cyles so I told him I'm learning about charting,CM,CP,and everything in between.I don't even know if I am actually ovulating so I try to explain this to him and he says just relax and it will happen. /endrant.  

TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I try not to Bump too much when he's home, just because I don't want to feel like I'm neglecting him. :P

He knows I Bump a lot, though, and he actually thinks it's a good thing. I've learned so much from being on here, and he thinks it's great that I have online friendships with the ladies on here.

I do assure him that we also spend a lot of time discussing things that aren't directly TTC-related, so he doesn't feel pressured because his wife is talking about (making) babies 24/7.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So far my hubby doesn't mind. I have spent a lot of time looking up info on charting and getting pregnant anyway. He's also in school on top of working so he's usually pretty busy. I've been wanting to connect with someone who is ttgp, and he isn't quite ready to talk to people IRL about our situation so he's been happy I've found the community here.
  • Options
    DH and I work opposite shifts, so he has no idea how often I bump. We really only get to see each other for about 10 minutes in the morning, and 10 in the evening each day during the week.  Weekends, I am not on as much so I can spend quality time with him. 
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't really bump much at home.  I sit in front of a computer all day so the last thing I want, or have time for, is more computer/phone time at home.  

He asked once a couple weeks ago "Oh, you're back on that 'bumpy' thing or whatever?". Yes dear, I'm on the 'bumpy thing'... 

I don't think he minds at all.  Like a couple of you have already said, it gives me an outlet to talk about TTGP without stressing him out or overwhelming him since no one else knows we're trying yet.  He's interested in the process but not to the extent that he's asking or wants to hear about my CM.
  • Options
    My DH doesn't mind. I think he's just glad it's a message board with mostly all women, because he had an ex leave him for someone she met on a message board :-S
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I try not to bump too much when I'm around him, but he is glad I have been able to find a good community to learn and connect with others. Each morning he now asks what my temp is and what CD we're on... I kind of think he's doing some of his own charting/tracking secretly. ;)
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Options
    He hass his own thing.
  • Options
    Similar to what a lot of people already said. I'm really science/research oriented, so he's glad I found a place to learn more. He sometimes says "are you on that site again?" but in general I'm not really on TB when I'm around him.

Also, we're not telling family that we're TTC and I only have one girlfriend who knows (but she is unhappily not TTC yet, so we don't talk about it much). He's glad I have a place to talk to people about all the ups and downs.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    He has no clue how much I am on here because I'm primarily on here at work.  I do check in every so often now on the weekends, but we are pretty busy over the weekend so I don't have nearly as much time then.
  • Options
    H knows the full extent of my obsession. Over the years I have migrated from the knot to the nest and now to the bump. He teases me a bit but is glad I have somewhere to talk about the things he doesn't want to talk about 24/7.

I do tell him about things that have happened to people, "I know you don't really care about the Money Matters board but so and so just paid off all their debt!" Things like that.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    DH has been on forums in the past as well, so he understands how it can be a great feeling to find a group of people who you can identify with. Plus, like another poster has said, I don't have a ton of girlfriends and most of them are still single or not TTC so having somewhere that I can ask questions or get support is great!
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    We have some fights about it when he thinks I am not paying any attention to him. He's right and I try to cut back when we're alone.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    Nah.  I've been knotting since 2006 so he knows better.  Plus I spend a lot of evenings sans SO, so I get to bump out in the open without judgement.

Formerly: FtrMrsO

Me: 34  DH: 35

Married: Oct. 2007

TTC #1:  June 2015

BFP#1 3/19/16  MC 3/28/16

BFP #2 5/26/16 EDD 1/31/17

• Options
    My husband recently said, "you're not going to get pregnant by reading The Bump!" Made me laugh out loud. It's true! I've been reading obsessively, though. I need to pump the brakes a bit on it, I think!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    MamaBish said:

He doesn't care. He actually thinks it's hilarious when he looks on the screen and sees something about tingly tat-tas and unicorn farts ;)

That reminds me, my DH happened to glance and see @Everycol0r 's new signature, and he sad "Ooh, a unicorn!" :))
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    He doesn't care. He actually thinks it's hilarious when he looks on the screen and sees something about tingly tat-tas and unicorn farts ;)
    That reminds me, my DH happened to glance and see @Everycol0r 's new signature, and he sad "Ooh, a unicorn!" :))
    My H loves @MamaBish 's siggy! He laughs every time he sees it on the screen. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    Yaaas!!!
    He sounds like a keeper!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    MamaBish said:
    Yaaas!!!
    He sounds like a keeper!
      It is impossible to choose a favorite but I have to admit there are nights where we watch that particular episode on repeat. Haha
    Anniversary

• Options
    DH refers to you all as "interwebs peps"

I usually bump at work, not so much around him except for when he brings home work. 

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Options
    Crowqueen03  my husband thinks the exact same thing. He said that I would be KU on the first cycle and here we are on cycle 2. I hope that he now realizes that it is not that easy. 
    But when I am on my phone and he KNOWS I'm on TB he goes "what are you doing" and I just think to myself, nothing, knowing damn well he knows what I'm doing. I tell him that it gives me an outlet to talk to you ladies since we are all in the same boat right now. I don't have too many girlfriends and the ones I do have are not TTC so they wouldn't understand. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    So I was so involved in my birth month board that I have met several people from there in real life, including one giant get together with 14 of us in Chicago. Initially my husband was like "WHO is coming to visit us?! You're meeting WHO for lunch?!?!" But now he's just like oh yeah your internet mom friends, cool.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Hahaha yup. I get the whole spiel of you never used to have your phone and now I can't get you off it conversation. O well I try to cut down when he's home.
  • Options
    When My DH on his computer , I'm on my phone on TB. I did explain to him last night what I do on TB and that my favorite group is TTC. He said its sounds like a nice group. Well duh. We like blunt and honest people so it's a perfect group!
  • Options
    He likes to ask me what's new on TB and if there are any funny or weird stories, he gets a kick out of it.  I don't bump nearly as much as he reads about/watches sports....so he has no room to talk.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options
    My DH doesn't mind. He's on his phone a lot talking cars or arguing with people in his car club. I think he's thankful I talk this stuff with other ladies instead of him because I don't think he likes hearing about what my cm was like. lol

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Haha, I love this thread! He's happy because it keeps me from boring him with all the details and discussions that I get to share with you ladies! I try not to overwhelm him with all the details. He just wants the magic of us getting pregnant without all the science-y stuff! Sure, I'll let him keep that romantic idea while I nerd it up on here. 
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• Options
    My DH doesn't mind, he's usually on his computer too. Although he did hide all my pee sticks so I couldn't test too early!
  • Options
    My DH doesn't mind. He does his stuff online and I do mine. I think it makes him happy tbh since I don't talk with him about it as much since I'm posting here. lol
  • Options
    DH never asks what I'm doing since he is always playing Bubble Witch and Two Dots on his phone...But he does enjoy the stories about what the other SOs say about TTC...And he is very glad that I have you lovelies to discuss the process with (ie lurk and learn)...He just likes to 'practice'.
  • Options
    He usually asks if I'm playing games (candy crush, etc) or talking to my "ladies."  He actually doesn't mind too much since we don't have any friends that are in our position, so he is glad I have somewhere to learn and get my frustrations out. 

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar