School-Aged Children

6 year old birthday - need opinions

My son turns six in early September and is starting Kindergarden on Sept 3. I plan on having his party around 10/10:30 the weekend before school starts (it's a kids party). Would you be more likely to attend on a Sat or Sun morning or does either day work? Summer b'days are so hard!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 6 year old birthday - need opinions

• Well I think a lot of people go to church on Sunday mornings traditionally so I would do an afternoon on Sunday. 10 am is a little early for me on the weekend either day especially in the summer when we've been slacking on bedtimes and getting up early but it's doable. My son has karate classes Sat. mornings though so we would only skip class for a really fun sounding party or if it was a good friend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think Saturday or Sunday is fine. But yes some might attend church so probably a afternoon party would fit better. My eldest (son) turned 6 in February and we took him to Disneyland. Pretty fun day and first birthday we didn't do a party. He starts 1st grade on August 10th. But we usually always throw birthday parties on a Saturday but around 1-2. We just also have to work around my husbands work and when my son has baseball games.
  • Loading the player...
  • My kids both have late August/early September birthdays, and it IS hard. Especially when the child is entering kindergarten.  If you have the party earlier in the summer, people are on vacation.  But you can't have it after school starts because they're with all new kids and they don't know anyone.  Ugh.

Anyway, as to Saturday or Sunday, I would do either.  However, I'm not a churchgoer.  If many of your child's friends come from churchgoing families, you might find Sunday hard.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade