February 2016 Moms

The big announcement

has everyone already down the big reveal ? I'm
Nervous about it but it's soooo hard to keep this secret !

Re: The big announcement

• Done gosh baby brain can't spell!
  • Nope no big reveal yet. I've told my best friend and cousin but that's about it. We honestly aren't planning on telling anyone until we have to lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I told close friends with a picture of the second positive test result, my family with the third and then everyone else with the 8 week ultrasound. I know a lot of people want to wait until after 12 weeks but we were so excited about it that we couldn't wait to share the news!
  • There is a huge thread called "Share your pregnancy announcement here!" with lots of info on everyone's announcements! I'd look there. I just bumped it up from page 2 for you.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • No.  We told our folks, siblings, and 1 set of friends.  We're telling another set of friends today that we want to be like the godparents.  

The first set of friends didn't go so well.  They were like, "You mean you aren't going to drink for seven more months!?  What the hell?"  and "it seems too early to tell people."  Well I only told you morons because you were chastising me for ordering a virgin drink at brunch!  

Anyway, we are doing a formal announcement to family/close friends at 12 weeks.  Facebook announcement at 15 or 16. Still nervous about my 2nd ultrasound Monday.
    Due Date:  Feb. 24, 2016
    Team--Pink (but our nursery is Orange, Blue, & Purple!)

Feb 2016 September Siggy Challenge:  Things I Love About Fall--Pumpkins!

• agentvenay has a separate question.  She isn't posting an announcement, but is asking about timing.  I think it's a different enough topic to have created a new post.
    Due Date:  Feb. 24, 2016
    Team--Pink (but our nursery is Orange, Blue, & Purple!)

Feb 2016 September Siggy Challenge:  Things I Love About Fall--Pumpkins!

• agentvenay has a separate question.  She isn't posting an announcement, but is asking about timing.  I think it's a different enough topic to have created a new post.

There's about half a dozen "When are you announcing?" posts from before as well. The topics has been covered a number of ways.
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • We told his parents and grandparents and my parents and siblings. We are waiting until our 12 week checkup next week :) Once I hear that everything is still going well and healthy then we will reveal it to everyone. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our parents and close friends know. I will tell the extended family and other friends after the initial chromosome abnormality test results come back in about a week or two, which would put me at about 12- 13 weeks.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • To the "already posted police"agentvenay has a separate question.  She isn't posting an announcement, but is asking about timing.  I think it's a different enough topic to have created a new post.

They politely redirected. And as PP states this has been discussed before on other threads.

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• I'm 13.5 weeks and think I'll announce later this weekend or early next week when I hit 14 weeks (2nd trimester) 

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker

No one was telling her NOT to post this. It's a perfectly valid question. We pointed out the other thread so that she could see everyone else's responses about it since they're unlikely to post it twice. And lots of people in the other thread shared when they did/plan to announce.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • edited July 2015
    @chitownparent - Sometimes people post a link to be helpful. That way the OP can see and read other comments related to her question as well as what is posted in her thread.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker