January 2016 Moms

BOB vs Graco Click Connect Jogger

Trying to decide between a BOB jogger or Graco Click Connect jogger.. I won't be using it for actual running or jogging. Just walking, in stores, camping, etc.
Any opinions??

Re: BOB vs Graco Click Connect Jogger

• I don't have a bob but have a lot of friends who do who all say it really wasn't worth the money. They all say it was ok but not worth the hype. I have a graco (not the one you are asking about). But love it! I walk 6+ miles daily and never had any issues
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a Bob and love it. But I don't know any different. I don't run. But we walk A LOT. We've taken it to the beach many times and have loved it on the sand. We also do a lot of trail "hikes" and the Bob does great.

But I have nothing to compare it to.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a grace click connect jogger, we have tooken it running went on a lot of walks and even tooken in hiking and it handled perfectly! I love that thing
  • Thank you @cassiemilligan - I've read mostly positive reviews & we loved it in store. But I have read a lot of reviews that said the front wheel constantly locked on them.. Did you have that issue?
  • @kducharme - thanks, so far everyone has told us they are worth the money & to just splurge on one. So nice to hear that others don't find it was worth the cost. I don't like that it doesn't have a parent tray & I don't like the one you can buy separately. The stroller is expensive plus you have to buy everything separate on top of that - car seat adapter, parent tray, child tray
  • We just bought the Graco fastaction fold Jogger after a lot of research between strollers and especially the Graco Relay which has shocks. We run, but found the jogger more practical for our everyday lives. We were set on it and then I found it on a clearance shelf at Target for $ 95 and then an extra 20% off with the cartwheel app. So for $75, I won't be upset if we want a better Jogger down the road. (This was just the stroller, so we still need to buy the car seat.)
  • I have the graco and my front wheel locks all the time (gets stuck and turns wherever it wants). I was ok with it for a while but after a year it got really bad. I wish I had spent the money on the bob, and did for baby number 2 ( well a double for both 1 and 2 lol)
  • I have a Bob, but I use it only for running. It's fantastic for just running, but I wouldn't want to use it for just walking/shopping, etc. as it's pretty big and bulky compared to our other stroller.
    BFP #1 - EDD 4/18/13 | DS born 5/1/13. 9 lbs. 14 oz., 22 inches long.

BFP #2 - EDD 1/25/16
  • SovvySovvy member
    Not saying that the Graco is cheap but if I learned anything from my sons baby gear it was don't cheap out. Just get the Bob.

pregnancy #1 :: daughter lost to chromosomal abnormality at 18 weeks
    pregnancy #2 :: son, born Aug 2011
    pregnancy #3 :: due Jan 2016
  • I have the Bob and love it. We are in Hawaii now, didn't feel like traveling with a ton of baby gear. So we rented a stroller, it's a Graco jogger of some sort... It doesn't even compare to the Bob. I told my husband I wish we spent the extra $80 for their Bob rental.
    The only other jogger I've used and liked was the City Jogger.
  • I LOVE my Bob. I use it for walks, running, and zoo trips. We have a Chicco click n go and didn't use it near as much. Once you get used to the smooth ride of the Bob it's hard to use something else.
  • We have graco fold click connect and love it! I think bobs are seriously overpriced for what you get, and actually think the graco looks a lot better! I'm actually really sad I may need to find a double stroller once #2 gets here. :(. We had a regular graco stroller when daughter was born and I wish we had gone with the graco jogger from the beginning! Live and learn, right?!
  • Does it bother any of you that the BOB doesn't have a nice built in parent tray? The one you buy separately doesn't seem nice but I've only seen it online.
  • We had a Gracco Jogger & hated it. I actually gave it away. The front wheel constantly locks, which us fine if you are jogging, but not for mavuevering thru the mall or Target.
  • Bob. I'm in a running group and I would say 35 out of 40 moms have a BOB and everybody is equally obsessed with them. It's my favorite baby item by far.
  • Thanks for the input everyone! I am really leaning towards the bob now, we're going to go check one out tomorrow at BRU
  • apinkpelicanapinkpelican member
    edited July 2015
    ndeguara said:

Does it bother any of you that the BOB doesn't have a nice built in parent tray? The one you buy separately doesn't seem nice but I've only seen it online.

I have a fabric one that attaches to it that has 2 cup holders and w zip pouch. I've been happy w it.
    Eta: it's a thick canvas. Fabric makes it sound flimsy :)
  • @apinkpelican -- thanks, yeah was worried it would be flimsy since its fabric but nice to know it's a thick fabric
  • ndeguara said:

Does it bother any of you that the BOB doesn't have a nice built in parent tray? The one you buy separately doesn't seem nice but I've only seen it online.

I have a fabric one that attaches to it that has 2 cup holders and w zip pouch. I've been happy w it.

ndeguara said:

I have this same one and am also happy with it.

I've never known any Bob moms who don't love their Bobs.
  • 6240662406 member
    We used a Graco travel system for the first 6 months, then we got a BOB and it was the best decision and money we spent. We have never had any problems with it, it goes over everything and is great for parks, trails, fairs.
    One thing I don't love is how you have to pay for the extras (snack tray, parent tray, infant carrier attachment).
    Our 4 year old still uses it on our nightly walks and it's held up really well.
    I recommend it to new moms and the ones that have gotten it, love it.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • I have the Graco jogger and have never had problems. I don't jog but it is nice for walks on dirt roads or on grass because it has the nice wheels. My one complaint is that it is heavy and big, so it isn't very fun for shopping unless you are at a mall and you don't have to keep taking it in and out of the car.
  • kmo8986 said:

I have the graco and my front wheel locks all the time (gets stuck and turns wherever it wants). I was ok with it for a while but after a year it got really bad. I wish I had spent the money on the bob, and did for baby number 2 ( well a double for both 1 and 2 lol)

This exact problem. I wound up rigging it with a hair tie so it wouldn't lock but what a pain in the ass. Also, it's heavy and huge. Granted all joggers are heavy and huge but this one I hated. If I was a serious runner I would have for sure gotten a BOB but I usually just walk and even if I do walk trails my City Mini GT works great and is super lightweight. God I hate that Graco jogger.
  • The parent attachment is great. Two cup holders and a pretty big zip pocket.

We were luckily gifted the Bob from my BIL/SIL who used it first. They had purchased the parent pocket thing and the kid snack tray attachment. (The bar for the snack tray is the same bar that holds the car seat). We ended up purchasing the rain cover because we live in a rainy climate and still walk a lot no matter the elements. The grocery store is just a few blocks away and we do 90% of our errands on foot.

I've never used another stroller but most of my friends who have different ones say they wished they had just splurged on the Bob. I would say if it is in your budget it is worth looking into. Especially if you think you might have more kids. Bonus: the resale value on the Bob is super high.
  • Thanks everyone!! Ya'll sold me, we're getting the BOB :)
  • lwebleylwebley member
    edited August 2015
    We have several strollers and the BOB is by far our favorite!
  • So glad to hear everyone loves the Bob! We're going to buy it next weekend :)
  • ndeguara said:

So glad to hear everyone loves the Bob! We're going to buy it next weekend :)

If you are an REI member, wait until they have a 20% member discount (every few months). They carry the Bob and you might as well save. You can also call REI and they will tell you when the next sale is.
  • @orangefox - thanks, we're not members and don't have one close by. But right now Bob is having a sale for Aug to buy the jogger and car seat adapter, you get the Britax Bob B-safe car seat for free ($200 savings) and Buy Buy Baby has a 20% off coupon I can use for the stroller :)
  • Anyone have a BOB double? My LOs will be 18m apart and I was considering getting one for beach days, moderate jogging, trail walking etc. my brother is gifting me his used City Mini double which I'm super grateful for but its not the GT so the wheels are tiny/plastic. Good for shopping and strolls around the block perhaps but not great for what I'd like it for. Originally I was thinking of selling it and buying the GT version but maybe a BOB would be better. Thoughts?
  • Anyone have a BOB double? My LOs will be 18m apart and I was considering getting one for beach days, moderate jogging, trail walking etc. my brother is gifting me his used City Mini double which I'm super grateful for but its not the GT so the wheels are tiny/plastic. Good for shopping and strolls around the block perhaps but not great for what I'd like it for. Originally I was thinking of selling it and buying the GT version but maybe a BOB would be better. Thoughts?

We have a single BOB ironman and will be getting a double (I think we are going to get the SE model this time). Our LOs will be 2 years 9 months apart, but I stay home with them and run a lot, so we need a double.

I'm interested to hear of anyone has experience with a double. I love our BOB single. It has well over 1,000 running miles on it and it barely looks used. DS seems to like it too. He's always happy riding in it.

BFP #1 - EDD 4/18/13 | DS born 5/1/13. 9 lbs. 14 oz., 22 inches long.

BFP #2 - EDD 1/25/16
  • I'm considering getting a double BOB. Kids will be 20 mos apart. I'm going to first try to find one on our local BuySellTrade group. So expensive!! $-)
  • We are getting the BOB Revolution Flex. We have gone stroller browsing/testing/shopping about twenty times and just found that nothing compared to the BOB Flex for us. It maneuvers well, folds down easily and fits our lifestyle.

It's a little more than I had anticipated spending but I'd rather splurge on a stroller I'll be completely happy with and just save in other areas (I.e. by giving up the Halo Bassinest, which was something else we were strongly considering).
  • I LOVE my Bob. I use it for walks, running, and zoo trips. We have a Chicco click n go and didn't use it near as much. Once you get used to the smooth ride of the Bob it's hard to use something else.

I found this was the case even without testing it with a baby. BOB just handles a hundred times better in my opinion than Graco and most other strollers.
  • I'm also thinking about getting the double Bob... Have the singe and love it. I think we've decided to play it by ear, decide as we go. If I feel like we need one, then we'll go buy it once baby is here. My older lo will be 2 years 9 months. I'm sure we'll end up with it.
  • @atlee712 I really really want the Halo bassinet too
  • @atlee712 I really really want the Halo bassinet too

It's definitely still on our list of things we want :)