Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Bleeding after d&c?

I had my d&c done last Wednesday (7/22). Spot and slight cramps that day, the following day till Friday no bleeding everything was good. Saturday I had a tiny cramp and light pink spotting for one hour then nothing. Sunday I had cramps and I started to bleed, not heavy but similar to what you would have your first day of AF. Maybe just changing a pad once to twice a day the most. So far it has continued till today which is Monday stops then goes (dark red/brownish/red color). I know TMI, just wondering why this had happened and if this is normal?

Re: Bleeding after d&c?

• I am not sure if you are still looking for an answer but after my first D&C I bled off and on for a week and half. I was told you there is no significant pain, and it's not filling a pad an hour and there is no odor it's normal.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Thank you. Sorry for you loss too. I contacted the nurse and doctor and yes it's normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss. I was in the same situation, had a D&C on 7/8, bled lightly for maybe two days and then spotted. One week later had bleeding and passed clots. Doctor sent me to ER for a soon to make sure there were no products of conception remaining in my uterus. Thankfully there was nothing and after a day it stopped. Finally stopped spotting one week after that. 

Doesn't hurt to call the doctor to make sure everything is normal.