August 2015 Moms
Options

Working till the end

Is anyone else working until D-Day? I have no reason to stop work prior to birth, everything's been going swimmingly. Taking off early just means i'll be taking my paid time early and getting more unpaid time later. I don't have any fears of going into labor while at work. My only concern is the very real possibility of punching somebody in the face. I'm not normally a violent person, but I swear, people just seem to be poking the bear this last week and I have 4 more to go! I feel bad for my "temp" replacement who is actually my predecessor to this job. She's coming back to get re-acquainted with the position she's been out of for 4 years and a lot has changed. I'm hoping my short fuse doesn't send her running! :)

Re: Working till the end

• Options
    Yep. My job is a year term, so it worked out well that my last day is 8/28 and my EDD is 8/29. I hope I make it till the end... Or at least till 8/19, when I'll be done training my replacement. I'm with you, as long as I CAN keep working, I'll take the paycheck!
  • Options
    Yep, I'm an RN and I'm still chugging away at work. My EDD is 8/16 and my boss has me working until 8/14 (possibly a bit optimistic of her!). Part of me is ready for a break from work since I'm also a full-time student, but overall I'm glad health wise that I am still able to work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I worked up to the end on both my pregnancies. Only thing is I had to work from home the last week as I was put on bed rest. Luckily, my company and Dr. was okay with that a I could save some of my paid time off.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, I'm a server at a sports bar and I'm working till I go into labor. I just hope it doesn't happen while I'm waddling around carrying a food tray at work lol
  • Options
    yep I will work until I deliver!  I did with my other 3 too.  I just can't focus and am spacey so I feel guilty, but I have to save my PTO for after baby girl is born
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Yes, I will be working until I pop. But I only work 8-10 hours a week... haha.
    imageLilypie - (d9io)
    imageLilypie - (3w4O)
  • Options
    I work until the end too, I have a desk job. I may have already checked out mentally but I am a warm body in this chair!
  • Options
    jessandandy09jessandandy09 member2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love ItsName Dropper
    yep I will work until I deliver!  I did with my other 3 too.  I just can't focus and am spacey so I feel guilty, but I have to save my PTO for after baby girl is born

I'm a space cadet too, i think they would rather me leave, i get so little done. I have the ADHD and am not on my meds while pregnant, so my area is a disaster.

• Options
    I have one more day!!!! I don't want to be here anymore.
  • Options
    39 weeks tomorrow and I'm still working! Luckily, I do have a job at a desk. I agree- I might throat punch someone before I go into labor, though!
  • Options
    Yup, I'm on a contract that ends 8/31 and any time I take off I'm simply not paid for. 
  • Options
    I'm gonna work til I pop if I can... I pass meds so it's not too hard to do. I want to save my PTO and all 12 weeks to spend with my baby boy once he's born.
  • Options
    39w1d and still chugging along. Everyone is like still here?! When I walk in in the mornings. Im actually struggling as of this week though. I feel kind of like im having pre-baby blues?? I have to keep myself together at work, but feel literally homesick and depressed while im at work and just want to be home. Weird??? Im assuming its just hormones, but its been a pretty rough week thus far trying to manage my department of about 30 people as well as 2 other smaller departments since my boss has pawned more areas off on me. :/
  • Options
    Yup. I work mostly 12 hr shifts, with some 8 hr shifts here and there. I try not to work 2, 12 hr days in a row as that has gotten hard... I'm scheduled through the 5th, due the 7th and will pick up if I go late. I just don't want to use precious time until he arrives. But yeah. I'm cranky as shit. My co workers will be happy when I deliver for sure!!
  • Options
    I'm working til the end too.. I have a desk job, so it's not that bad, but my goodness.. the people! Just leave me the efffff alone! The comments alone make me want to take leave early! I'm seriously surprised I haven't punched someone yet.
  • Options
    I'm working up until about 39 weeks. (This weekend) I feel kinda guilty about quitting before my due date but my job is pretty physical, and since it involves selling directly to customers as well I feel like it would be really awkward to go into labor while dealing with my customers! Plus I'm soooo tired. I have not been myself since 30 weeks. Ready to get baby here and be able to spend time with him!
  • Options
    Same here. I am active at work but can be at my desk when I need to chill. This week was rough. My boss had too many irons on my fire but I put a rush on her and got it all done. 1 project left and I personally don't care if it gets done, not important imo. Anything after this is I will if I can.
  • Options
    I give huge props to you ladies.
  • Options

39w1d and still chugging along. Everyone is like still here?! When I walk in in the mornings. Im actually struggling as of this week though. I feel kind of like im having pre-baby blues?? I have to keep myself together at work, but feel literally homesick and depressed while im at work and just want to be home. Weird??? Im assuming its just hormones, but its been a pretty rough week thus far trying to manage my department of about 30 people as well as 2 other smaller departments since my boss has pawned more areas off on me. :/

I started feeling the same way at 39 weeks. Just feeling sorry for myself that I have to work and I'm still busy. I think it's normal to just want to be at home prepping (mentally and house stuff). My due date is Saturday and I have most things taken care of at work so I should have the next few weeks clear, and I'm feeling happier already! Hang in there:)

• Options

I started feeling the same way at 39 weeks. Just feeling sorry for myself that I have to work and I'm still busy. I think it's normal to just want to be at home prepping (mentally and house stuff). My due date is Saturday and I have most things taken care of at work so I should have the next few weeks clear, and I'm feeling happier already! Hang in there:)

Thank you. I really needed that!! I almost posted a thread to see if anyone was experiencing this as I just seriously feel so down, but for sure makes me not feel crazy knowing someone else felt this way!!!
  • Options
    I'll be working right up. I'm technically self employed/contracted so if I don't work, I don't get paid (same for my leave). As long as I can continue to lift and perform my daily tasks, I'll be there (altho demonstrating jumping exercises is getting almost unbearable). Even going downstairs stairs can sometimes be a lot!
  • Options
    I'm working up until I go into labor too. I have a desk job and most days don't require a lot of moving around. Although the past two days have been different with presentations and meetings in other buildings requiring lots of walking. So thankful that that's behind me and now I can just sit at my desk and catch up on things. Honestly I never seriously considered leaving work early. I want to save my time off for when the baby is actually here. And I think I'd probably go crazy just sitting around the house wondering if today's the day. Better to have the distraction of work...not to mention the paycheck. :) Luckily my boss is super supportive.

Keep chugging along ladies! We got this!
  • Options
    I worked a 12 hour shift at the hospital the day before I had my baby. (It was killer!! Horrible back pain, and the exhaustion was real.) I was scheduled to work up until my due date, but my LO came 2 weeks & 2 days early.
  • Options
    I am. Truly, I'm struggling. I wish I could be done, but I'm hanging in there.

• Options
    I am trying but it's getting really hard. To the point where it's almost not fair to my patients.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I completely understand! My last day in the office is tomorrow and then I'm working from home the 3rd-5th and have a schedule csection the 6th.

My fuse is also pretty short with people and at this point, I can't hide it! But now that I'm pretty much there Im so thankful I pushed through. I'm better organized and can take that time with my baby when he arrives.

Push through and try to fake that smile! Good luck momma!
  • Options
    I'm a teacher so technically I will be going back to work at 38 weeks! Lol
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks and still working hard!! It feels good to get out of the house and be around people (even though half of them are sour) it's not so bad. I actually out my two weeks in last month and then decided to stay.
  • Options
    I am, but I have a desk job and as of today I'm officially teleworking! (I'm 39 weeks today)
  • Options
    I'm 39w4d and I'm still working. I work from home though, so it's easier for me. I work for a weekly newspaper and the reporters are spread out across the state. I will work up until this baby decides he's ready to come out (which I am hoping is soon!!)
  • Options
    I've got 4 weeks to go! Working up until this baby decides to make her grand entrance. Although, I'm very lucky that my company is flexible and I can work from home. I also have a desk job, but I find it super uncomfortable to sit upright for 8 hrs straight every day. I'm working Friday's from home for now, and that cuts out of some of the stress from my commute.
    I'll be able to keep performing my job up until D-Day, I just don't know if I can get through without throat-punching some of my incompetent coworkers. My fuse has gotten much shorter in the last few weeks and I honestly just can't believe that for these people being so smart (engineers, scientist, architects) they are really actually SO dumb. It's painful.
  • Options
    Im working until he decides it's time to shine also. I'm 36w5d and this lightening crotch is getting outrageous. We can do this ladies. I didn't say with a smile. But we can do it. Lololololol
  • Options
    I'm a retail supervisor and get paid by the hour. I've gone down to 6 hours a day but been working 6 days a week so i may somewhat still hit hours. They have me doing customer service lately so that I may sit down. I'm planed on working till baby comes but have been so tired lately.I asked to only work 3 days next week since I'm tired and will be 39+ days pregnant. I thought it would be easier for them to cover. Anyways I found out im scheduled 6 days straight again next week. I kinda hope baby dicides to come earlier just to rub it in there face,and have them have to cover all my shifts.
  • Options
    37+3 and working 40+ hours a week. There's no sense at sitting at home waiting to go into labor, so I work! I'll need all the money I can get since I only get a week and a half of paid vacation.
  • Options
    I'm also planning to work till the day off/ my date is 8/29 if she waits I will work till the 28th. The good thing is I have a desk job at times i get bored of sitting so I go walk around then return to my office.
  • Options
    aemc24aemc24 member
    Yep, my plan is to work until she comes! My last scheduled day is 8/28 and she's due 8/30. We'll see how everything goes but I'd rather be working and not waste any time off with her once she's here. Plus, I might go stir crazy waiting around for her.
  • Options
    Planning to work till the end, but an going to go from 40 hrs to 24 hrs a week at 37 weeks. I got so much to do at home being at work 40 hrs stresses me out. I'm leaving the door open to come back, but my husband is really encouraging me not to. If we can find an alternative health care plan other than my job I think I will take him up on it.
  • Options
    Dr just told me today I'm in no danger of going early, which i suspected since my oldest was 10 days late. I was sort of hoping for a little bit of an early estimate. Having 4 weeks to go is frightening. I'm so uncomfortable both at home & work... 4 weeks sounds like a lifetime. My partner at work is driving me batty. He's horrible at our job and they were thinking about moving him out if the position until i found out i was pregnant. My patience is wearing very thin!
  • Options
    I'll work until I go into labor. I'm a middle school teacher and am praying I won't go into labor at school!!
    BabyFetus Ticker