Infertility

Polyps

I had a polyp removed in October. Since then we've done clomid, 2 IUIs with clomid and a trigger shot, and still no luck. I have another polyp that will be removed tomorrow. Besides the polyps, my infertility is unexplained. I'm feeling discouraged because we didn't have any success after the first polyp was removed. Has anyone had polyps removed and become pregnant shortly after? It's expensive to have the polyps removed and I don't want to keep throwing money at something that isn't affecting my fertility.
TTC #1 since August 2013
Unexplained/ Endo
Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
IVF #1- BFN
FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)

Re: Polyps

• I have not. I'm sorry. :-(
  • I had a polyp removed in January and then had 3 back to back failed IUIs (w/clomid plus trigger) in March, April, and May. My RE said that unless the polyp is located in a very specific area where the embryo is most likely to implant it probably isn't what is causing the infertility. Our diagnosis has thus far been diminished ovarian reserve and unexplained infertility. RE still recommended removal because he stated that they want everything to be as optimal as possible prior to medicating and possibly impregnating.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a polyp in my tube and after it was removed I was pregnant within 2 cycles. But it just depends on where it is located.
  • Thanks for the encouragement and advice.
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
  • Hi just wanted to tell you good luck.  By the way are these treatments with your regular OB or an RE.  I have noticed that some people will have unexplained infertility with an OB and then they go to an REI and they find out the cause of the fertility issue.  It really is a hard decision to keep putting money into these treatments not knowing if they are going to work, but we keep the faith because our dreams of having a baby is worth it.  Good luck!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you! I had a polyp removed when I was seeing my OB. Now I'm working with an RE and he found another polyp and recommended that I had it removed. Nothing is cheap or easy when it comes to infertility!
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
  • *****Warning BFP and Loss Mentioned***

I had a polyp removed last October as well after two losses and then a year of trying naturally with no results. My RE says it was reducing my chances of becoming pregnant and sustaining it by 50%. I got pregnant 4 months later. It sadly ended in a loss as well but it was because of a SCH and not a new polyp. I wish you well. Agreed a 100%, nothing is cheap or easy when it comes to this journey. Hugs!

Unexplained Infertility
    Feb 13- 1st MC
    June 13- 2nd MC
    Dec 14-Clomid & IUI= BFN
    Jan 15-Clomid & IUI= BFN
    Feb 15-Clomid & IUI = BFP, 3rd MC April 14 :(
    June 15-Clomid & IUI = BFN
    July 15-Clomid, IUI & Progesterone= BFN
    Aug 15-Clomid, IUI & Progesterone= TBT

" Anyone can give up. It is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"