March 2016 Moms
Options

All things random go here...fire away

2»

Re: All things random go here...fire away

• Options
    skruhmin said:
    JLaVO888 said:
    Starting to really get bugged that my first appointment is not until week 10. And its only with a nurse not even my Dr. (I will see her at about 12 weeks)  Am I being impatient or should I be looking for another Dr.?? I have heard good things about this one so I wanted to wait it out but....seeing everyone else going to appointments makes me wonder. I don't think I am high risk. I'm young and have never had a MC but I feel like if anything is wrong, 10 weeks is a long time to wait to find out. 
    8-10 weeks is very typical.  And most likely if something does go wrong you will know.  As long as your symptoms are constant, that should give you peace of mind. 
    Do nurses do US as well or will they just be taking my blood and going over medical history? I just can't wait to see this little one. 
  • Options
    You'd have to call and ask but probably blood and medical history (maybe confirmation pee test too?)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I called and she said just giving me pamphlets and filling out paper work. Gahh its torture. I will have to take off of work for that appointment too. :(
  • Options

JLaVO888 said:
    This is me waiting

I feel ya gurl! After my disaster of an appointment today I had the choice of them ordering an US at the hospital or waiting to see my Dr. in two weeks and because I am indignant and self-loathing I am just going to wait so I don't have to take MORE time off of work. Your wait is a bit longer though so I am feeling a little bratty about my temper tantrum breakdown earlier today lol.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    I am so happy about all the food posts made me feel much better about the indulging I've done. I just want all the food and when I don't eat I feel nauseous so I can't not eat something. Need to get back on track tomorrow! Could be hard though my mom is coming to town and she is a junk food pusher! So weird because when I was growing up we were never allowed junk food or sugary cereals, nothing! Now I catch her giving ds chocolate for breakfast!
  • Options
    DH and I are having a date night tonight. I am going to eat whatever sounds good, even if it is french fries and nothing else.
  • Options

JLaVO888 said:
    This is me waiting

I feel ya gurl! After my disaster of an appointment today I had the choice of them ordering an US at the hospital or waiting to see my Dr. in two weeks and because I am indignant and self-loathing I am just going to wait so I don't have to take MORE time off of work. Your wait is a bit longer though so I am feeling a little bratty about my temper tantrum breakdown earlier today lol.
    Don't feel bratty at all. You actually made me feel better just knowing I am not the only one that is having a hard time being patient. I'm sure at the end of these 9 months we will be saying 'where did the time go'? 
  • Options
    I may eat a whole box of Triscuits while I am waiting for dinner to be ready. This soup is taking much too long to be done!!!
  • Options
    I just really want a hamburger...still. Yes, I still haven't gotten one since I cried when I didn't get one at the BBQ we went to...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well the only thing I bought that I wasn't planning on was the dark chocolate bark crips things. I made a good decision :D I've been pretty lucky so far where my nausea hit last week for about 5-6 days and then disappeared. I'm really hoping that was it in that department.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    smushismushi member
    @yodapup I had some bad MS for the last week and a half, and then today it's all but (mostly) disappeared.  It last until almost 16 weeks last time.  If it's already over for this pregnancy, I may actually not mind being pregnant.

@jlavo888 What kind of soup?  I love soup recipes!

• Options
    Is anyone else worried about when their symptoms disapear? I had a threatened miscarriage 2 weeks ago, everything seems fine now but ive been holding on to my nausea as comfort that its all going well in there. Im aware it will go away in a few weeks and not sure what ill do for comfort! I blame it on myself for reading info on missed misscarriages.
  • Options
    @clairemwalker YES! I've had no symptoms so far except mild cramping and dry mouth, but I want more!!! I did have a MMC in April so I think I will be in panic mode until this baby arrives. There is more fear than excitement in me right now.

• Options
    @clairemwalker - sometimes but I try not to dwell on negative thoughts personally. When I wipe, I still look to see if there's blood but so far so good. This is also my second pregnancy and I didn't have many symptoms with my first either. After my first appt (next Tues!) I'll be able to relax more, hopefully lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @clairemwalker I have been walking around all day today worrying because my nausea has been a little better the last couple of days! I did read somewhere though that once the placenta starts taking over that symptoms can start to subside. That and the crazy food cravings/indigestion are what I am holding onto right now for sanity.
  • Options

I just really want a hamburger...still. Yes, I still haven't gotten one since I cried when I didn't get one at the BBQ we went to...

Man that was my giant craving with ds1 and ds2
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    skruhmin said:

Man that was my giant craving with ds1 and ds2
    I've been craving burgers too! I really want to go to Red Robin like now!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ooooooh bonzai burger
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    OneRainDropOneRainDrop member
    edited July 2015
    Red Robin sounds so legit right now, @yodapup!!

Edit: what an earth is a bonsai burger, and where do I get it!? @skruhmin
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Great advice @yodapup! I should really start thinking that way and not dwell so much on the last pregnancy but just focus on this one.

• Options
    Why is it that the only time I can eat is mere minutes after I've thrown up?!? Currently stuffing my face with saltines and I'm not even grossed out and that it self is grossing me out!
  • Options
    Red Robin sounds so legit right now, @yodapup!! Edit: what an earth is a bonsai burger, and where do I get it!? @skruhmin
    OH MY GOSH!!!  It's  got mayo, a slice of pineapple, a slice of cheddar cheese, smothered in terriyaki sauce.  I think it's supposed to come with a slice of tomato but no thank you!  Crap I might need this soon.  Thanks a lot @yodapup!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    I'm exhausted! Anyone else? I can't even function half of the time and I'm in bed by 7.
  • Options
    I'm exhausted! Anyone else? I can't even function half of the time and I'm in bed by 7.

I am struggling to make it through the work day today. It doesn't help that I am in a "limbo" period at work....meaning all my projects are finished, or are still waiting to start......so I don't have much of anything to keep me busy/awake today..........LONGEST WORK DAY EVER!

I consider it a late night if I make it past 8:15pm anymore......

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• Options
    SparkE82 said:

I am struggling to make it through the work day today. It doesn't help that I am in a "limbo" period at work....meaning all my projects are finished, or are still waiting to start......so I don't have much of anything to keep me busy/awake today..........LONGEST WORK DAY EVER!

I consider it a late night if I make it past 8:15pm anymore......

I find it's a tough balance between when my nausea meds wear off, I need to take more (which make me soooo sleepy), husband and I have unwind tv time, which usually ends up in me passing out in front of the tv.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~