August 2015 Moms
Options

single&pregnant

So I'm just having a moment lol but I've been going through this pregnancy alone since I found out at 3 weeks. It's really hard to be 9 months pregnant, alone, working full time, and having zero emotional support. Anybody else having a hard time being completely alone through pregnancy?

Re: single&pregnant

• Options
    You may not have LOs father or a SO in your life, but do you have friends or family to be your support person?? I can't say I've been where you are, but my best friend has and I always tried to be there when she needed anything. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm not but I'm sorry you have to go through this! I think of how emotional I am and I can't imagine how hard it must be without support. Do you have any friends or family that could be there to support you? I also have a public health nurse who calls me every so often (more so the closer I get to labour) just to check up on me and see how I'm doing, does your community provide any services like that?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have family, but they're not really supportive. They just want to be there when the baby is born and not now. I'm not sure about a nurse like that I might have to check into it. Being emotional sucks, but it would also be nice to have somebody to share the excitement with. I'm so happy and excited for my son to be here and I feel like I'm the only one.
  • Options
    Sorry you are having to go through everything solo; pp offered some pretty good advice and remember the bump ladies are always here also! I hope things start looking better for you, family can be a great support system if that is an option?
  • Options
    I'm sorry you have to go through this alone, I hope your family can give you the support you need once that LO arrives.. We're always here if you need support and we're all excited for everyone's LO's to arrive!
  • Options
    amk013amk013 member
    Thinking of you! I have zero advice, but my heart goes out to you.
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Although,k I have support from my friends and family. It just isn't the same as having the father around. I haven't spoke to him since 4 days after I found out. I was 5 weeks along. I have ran into him a couple times and we just walk by like we don't even know each other.

My family has been amazing through out this whole pregnancy though. More so then my other two. My girls have been so supportive. And at 11 and 8 I don't know how much they understand about whats going on but I know they have no idea how much their support has helped me through this.

Just remember as hard as it seems that LO will always make up for it. All the firsts that you get to experience and he will miss out on. You will get all the hugs, kisses and I love yous.

In wish you all the luck!
  • Options
    I don't have a lot to add to what the other posters have. But did want to say that my sister did it alone. We all pitch in and her and her son have such an incredibly strong bond. You'll be an amazing mama!
  • Options
    clempka23clempka23 member
    edited July 2015
    With my first baby I was in your shoes-- FOB left right when we found out, parents weren't very supportive since I was 19, and didn't have anyone to share the excitement with. What I found most comforting was knowing the bond I was creating with my LO. It's nice bring able to share the excitement with someone, but it's also nice to have these moments to yourself, because you can truly tell them when they're older how precious the pregnancy journey was just the one on one experience. When the baby comes, I'm sure the support system will be strong! Everyone loves a new baby, a new life. Going through this alone is extremely difficult, but you've made it this far, momma! Only a few more weeks and you'll have that LO always by your side and you'll never feel alone! I've always said that being a single parent doesn't mean someone left you to do it alone, it means you are strong enough to do it alone!!
  • Options
    The previous pp's have given you great advice & support. You are one strong mama & your precious son loves you so much & will be so thankful to have someone like you in his life. You will be a great example for your LO. T&p's that you find the comfort and support that you need.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this alone. Like PP have said you're obviously very strong and your LO is so lucky to have you as their mama. There are lots of groups for moms with new borns like music group or workout classes. It's more about making connections with other moms than about music or working out. Check out what your city has to offer.
  • Options
    No advice as I think other posters have dont this well, but we are all here for you too! We are all so excited about all these LOs being born right around the same time together!! Good luck momma, I know youll have such a strong bond with LO as acting mommy and daddy!! :)
  • Options
    With my second one, I was in your boat... But with a 10 month old as well. It is easier to raise children without someone who can't pull their head out if thier ass long enough to care about about anyone but themselves. You can do this!
  • Options
    I have no way of ever understanding what it takes to be a single parent, but I just wanted to let you know that I think you're very brave. I hope everything works out <3

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker