3rd Trimester
Options

The Woman Who Cried Labor

Please tell me that I am not the only one!! I feel so embarrassed and disappointed right now!

Yesterday I was having contractions all day long, but they weren't regular. I have BH contrax all the time and an irritable uterus so I don't take them seriously, even when they get intense enough to the point where I have to focus to get through one. So I went to the grocery store with DH and the whole time I was having contraction after contraction. I mean like 3 mins apart, lasting at least a minute long each. Again, I decided not to take it seriously because sometimes they do that. Well, in the checkout line I thought my water broke, because suddenly I felt a gush of fluid, not a lot, but enough. It felt like it does when you start your period and a little bit of a gush comes out initially. I KNOW I didn't pee. So I kept it to myself until the groceries were loaded in the car and I told DH to take me home so we could put up the groceries, get our bags, have a meal, and then go to the hospital. I called my mom (who lives 8 hours away) and told her that I thought my water broke and I was going to the hospital to be sure and that she might want to start heading in my direction if she didn't want to miss the birth. She was planning on coming down this week to stay until the baby is born. I also called my friend who lives about an hour away and said I'd keep her posted.

So we get home and while DH is loading up the car I head to the bathroom and check my panties. Sure enough, I had some kind of fluid that was not urine. It had no smell or color so I thought it was my waters. We went to the hospital and got into triage. They did a swab to see if it was amniotic fluid and the test came back NEGATIVE!!! They nurse said my contractions were regular and I was only a fingertip dilated, so she said to go home and if my contractions got more intense and whatever to come back, but that my water did not break according to her swab test. I'd told her that I'd had sex the night before and she said that the fluid was probably semen and stuff from that, and it has just not come down yet because of the pressure from the baby's head. But the fluid did not have a smell and I know what semen smells like. DH's in particular has a very strong smell. So I would have known right off the bat if it had been that just from inspecting my panties. I dunno. I have no explanation.

As soon as I got home my contractions tapered off to almost none. I went to bed. Now I am having them again but I am going to ignore them unless they get super intense, regular or not, 3 mins apart or not, because I don't want to go through that again.  Having to explain to my mom and my friend that it was a false alarm was super depressing. 

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: The Woman Who Cried Labor

• Options
    I am sorry you went through this, I wish you good luck and the  "real thing" will happen soon enough I am sure!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Don't feel bad! You had all kinds of signs that the real thing was happening. If I had those signs I would totally have been at the hospital too. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is one of my biggest "fears".  I don't want to go to the hospital only to have them send me home!!!  Hope the real thing happens for you soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was ending up in L&D once a week for a while there. Apparently BH contractions can be EXACTLY like the real thing, timeable and everything, except they dont do anything to your cervix. The nurses got to know me pretty well. DH said it was like a dress rehersal for the real thing.
  • Options

Ugh, getting sent home from the hospital is the worst feeling ever.  That happened with my son, the nurse told me I wasn't in "real" labor (but I really was- my cervix doesn't like to dilate).  That night, my water broke at home (I actually felt and "heard" a pop), so I went back to the hospital.  The nurse tested my fluid, and it came back negative, but she said she thought my water broke so she kept me.  

My contractions never did ease up once they started, but they were 4 mins apart or less for days.  I was so exhausted, I couldn't relax enough to dilate.  Try to do something that will relax you.  I know how horrible this feeling is, and I wish you a quick labor and delivery!

• Options
    Don't feel silly for going in. Better safe then sorry! I hope you really go in to labor soon!
  • Options
    Don't feel bad.  With my 1st DS, I was the "girl who cried labor" TWICE and the 3rd time was the charm.  And even when the real labor started, I was totally in denial because I didn't want to look silly again.  Big Smile
  • Options
    I'm kinda nervous about being "that" woman. I went to L&D yesterday and while they assured me it was good that I went in, I don't want to go in every time I think I'm in labor, just to be sent home. I am afraid they will eventually start rolling their eyes and being rude. LOL
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options

My biggest fear is being in labor and not knowing it. lol. Why can't it be like the movies when all the women say, "It's time!" 

Good luck though and I hope when the real thing happen's, you'll know! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"