October 2015 Moms
Options

Biracial babies!

2»

Re: Biracial babies!

• Options

I'm Irish and German and hubby is African American. I can't wait to see my little halfrican Princess! I hope she gets my green eyes and a beautiful blend of our skin tones!

Aww... my nieces and nephew are the same "mix", and they're all incredibly beautiful. Each with perfectly to-die-for tan skin, then varying from black to golden brown hair and each with a different eye color (the youngest with bright blue eyes).

I'm sure yours will be just as beautiful. So much fun to make guesses and predictions :)
  • Options
    Exciting! I always wanted to marry someone of a different race to get a stronger gene pool. We're both of European ancestry, but look very different. He is German/Swedish with red hair, freckles, blue eyes and pale skin. I'm Spanish/Italian with dark hair, dark eyes, and tan olive skin. I'm sure our boy will be beautiful, but I really hope he gets my skin!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sweet beautiful babies!!!!
  • Options
    @elmann1 this is such a good article. My husband and I bought a house a town over from where we used to live thinking it wouldn't be too different and we are familiar with the area but even now I see the looks we get as an interracial couple and even the newspaper that comes out shows pictures of the high school and elementary school kids and there are very little minorities. I checked the demographic reports that come out and there are an average amount for a suburban town but the fact that that's what the newspaper chooses to show and feature. It makes me nervous raising a child in that environment especially a little girl. I grew up in the inner city and all my friends were all different races! It was so fun getting to experience so many cultures unlike my own. I am seriously considering moving because eventually because of this. Plus we live in Mass which is such a liberal accepting place!!!!!! I never would have thought it would be such a big deal.....
  • Options
    @Leabyrd I agree, I fear taking my kids out of a multicultural neighborhood, but Chicago has such crappy CPS schools where we live, and I went to them growing up. I want better for my child but fear they would stick out. I look forward to how our babies deal with who they are and society.... but also terrified of it!  
  • Options
    @elmann1 I know! All we can do is be confident in ourselves and our partners and lead by example! And SHOW them how beautiful and unique they really are!!! I think I'll just try my best to surround her and my future children with positive, diverse people.
  • Options
    Environment does matter so much. But I think we all will do great in that area:)
  • Options
    My SO speaks Spanish and one of our girls picks it up easily. His mom is moving closer and she is really good about enforcing it so i hope we can work that in. I never learned to speak Spanish.
  • Options
    jessrljessrl member
    I am white (a mix of 7 different European ethnicities) and my husband is Chinese. I can't wait to see what our little girl looks like!
  • Options
    ems028ems028 member
    I am English/Irish with light ginger hair, green eyes and freckles.

My DH is Indonesian.  Dark skin, dark eyes and dark hair.  

SO excited to see what our little girl is going to look like. It feels like the best surprise, EVER!
  • Options
    My hubby is Mexican and I am white- our son has blue eyes and dark brown hair- I really can't wait to see what this little man looks like
  • Options
    I'm all white && my husband is white and hispanic. His father is full hispanic . I'm curious as to who our little girl is gonna look like more . (:
  • Options
    I'm half Japanese and Swedish (light brown hair and green hazel eyes) and my SO is half Hispanic and white (brown/brown). I'm very curious what this baby will look like. Each of us have a fair (blonde/blue eyed) parent so there's a chance this baby will be fair even though we are not.
  • Options
    I feel like there's a stereotype that mixed babies/people are very good looking.

That being said, I wish my mom and my side of the family would stop saying how white my baby looks...it's meant to be a compliment but it's so awkward for me and H. The more she looks like H, who is mostly white, the better. I don't think that sends a good message.
  • Options
    My husband is Indian and I am white. Can't wait to see our little man! We'll make sure he grows up speaking german and Punjabi, as well as English of course, since we are living in the UK
  • Options
    I'm white (fair skin/dark blonde hair/green eyes), hubby is half black/half white (medium skin tone/black hair/brown eyes). Our 3 year old daughter was born with straight black hair but now it is light brown, very curly, and has my texture with brown eyes. Very curious if or son will look like her or different.

Another posted mentioned someone saying how white their child looked...people have said to me "she doesn't even look black" thinking it's a compliment but it's not! She is part black and her dad is obviously black. I don't want anyone minimizing any part of who she is. She will be raised to be proud of every once of who she is! !
  • Options
    Another posted mentioned someone saying how white their child looked...people have said to me "she doesn't even look black" thinking it's a compliment but it's not! She is part black and her dad is obviously black. I don't want anyone minimizing any part of who she is. She will be raised to be proud of every once of who she is! !

I think for my family it's a source of pride to have someone in the family look white because that's the ideal but it is so uncomfortable for me to hear them talk like that. Still trying to figure out how to tell them it's kind of not okay. To be fair there's a lot of things my family talks about that aren't okay haha. I just want my baby to grow up feeling comfortable in her own skin.
  • Options

I'm white (my people have been in the U.S. since the late 1600s so I couldn't decipher my "mix" if I tried) and my husband is Korean but people who have tried to guess "what kind of asian" he is have said chinese, filipino, anything but Korean. No idea what our kid is going to look like, it's going to be fun surprise! Here's hoping she doesn't acquire the hairy women gene from my mom's side of the family. 

However: my husband and I have no idea what it's like be mixed race. My kid is going to going have vastly different experiences than me and I sometimes feel ill-equipped to guide her through them.
    Lurking.... but I am also white and my husband is korean! Can't wait to see what baby looks like. My aunt (adopted and korean) and her fiance (italian.... a different white than me) just had a baby a few months ago and she is GORGEOUS! she's actually a great mix of the 2 of them
  • Options
    I am half African American and Nicaraguense.My SO is Mexican. I'm curious to see how our lil girl will look like. I'm also curious to see what her hair will be like since all the women on all sides have thick curly hair.. yikes lol

If her personality is anything like her dad ill have to sleep with one eye open and watch out for pranks lol
  • Options
    Hi! My husband is from Nicaragua and I am from Kenya. Looking forward to meeting our little one!
  • Options
    Im german/French/Scottish & my husband is Japanese/Italian/Sweedish... He's 6'2" dark skin, dark features w/brown eyes & im 5'1" olive colored skin, & green eyes... Excited to see our multiracial creation
  • Options
    Me: Black + Native American and Husband: European Decent
  • Options
    @elmann1 I think of school districts as well (currently living in Chicago, born and raised in the Chi Burbs). You're not alone in your thinking and appreciate your honesty/share.
  • Options
    I'm French Canadian/Scottish/various other European with brown hair and green eyes and my husband is African-American with brown eyes. We are so excited to meet our little girl and discover what she has inherited from each of us! On another note that other posters mentioned: we are also very committed to making sure she recognizes and values all of her ethnicities- not just the one she looks most like. We also live in Mass and are a little concerned about raising her in a community with few minorities but are going to do our very best considering neither of us have ever experienced what she will experience as a biracial child.
    All that said- we are beyond thrilled that she will be here soon!
  • Options
    I am currently expecting an all white baby with my husband now HOWEVER my oldest is mixed with African American and i know I'm partial but I think she's beautiful! She's got perfect skin and hair! All you ladies will have beautiful babies! Good luck!
  • Options
    Well I'm most of the mixed races I'm Indian black white and French and my hubby is black and little columbian lol lol I wanna see what all this makes with my little prince
  • Options
    As a biracial baby myself (half Chinese, half Nordic), I am biased in saying "hapa" babies are awfully cute!  My unborn son will be one quarter Chinese (DH is Caucasian) and I intend to remind him of his Chinese heritage all through life, although I doubt he'll look anything exotic, but Caucasian (and beautiful to me!). This was a fun thread to read!
  • Options
    This is the future mommies! A beautiful blend of babies <3
  • Options
    @mmwheel yay Chicago! It's also in Chicago where a neighborhood could define you. This will be interesting!
  • Options
    I am mexican and guatemalen and my hubby is indian and italian