3rd Trimester
Options

OVERDUE BABIES

so here I am like I'm sure some of you are too waiting impatiently for our overdue babies to make an appearance.
Hello ladies, hope you're all well. This is my pregnancy right now, it consists of a million trips to the toilet through the night, abdominal pain which is more or less constant due to the pressure little man is putting on me. A back that aches from not being able to sleep and not to mention the fact it feels like my V has been whacked with a baseball bat!!

Re: OVERDUE BABIES

• Options
    Not sure why but my thread got cut short. Basically I had a sweep done Friday and after taking my little girl out for a few hours to learn how to ride a bike my plug came away. It wasn't bloody tinged though so I'm guessing that's a big give away that things aren't going to move any time soon? I've got another sweep booked in for tomorrow morning? Is it worth it or should I let nature take its course? Tell me your stories of love to hear xx
  • Options
    I am 40+2 had a sweep last Thursday which all that did was give me a little mucus loss and random period cramps. I have another sweep booked for thursday if nothing happens in the mean time which I don't feel like it will. Really thought I would have my baby in my arms by now and feel slightly miffed at my body for not cracking on! If I were you I would have another sweep, it can only be a positive thing! Xx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister had a sweep done at 39 weeks and still had to be induced 1 week later at 40 week, she had GD and they wouldn't let her go overdue, so tried to speed up the process but failed.
  • Options
    leannef88 said:

I am 40+2 had a sweep last Thursday which all that did was give me a little mucus loss and random period cramps. I have another sweep booked for thursday if nothing happens in the mean time which I don't feel like it will. Really thought I would have my baby in my arms by now and feel slightly miffed at my body for not cracking on! If I were you I would have another sweep, it can only be a positive thing! Xx

That's the thing though isn't it about the sweeps, sometimes it can take 72 hours to even take effect so I hear.
    I've had lots of mucous plug come away and it's still going 35 hours later.
    Today I've been having contractions but they're a good 45 mins apart. I hope your bubs will be here soon for you xx
  • Options

My sister had a sweep done at 39 weeks and still had to be induced 1 week later at 40 week, she had GD and they wouldn't let her go overdue, so tried to speed up the process but failed.

Awww bless her, sorry to hear she had GD I hope all is well with her now.
    My MW said she will book me in to be induced Thursday if little man still isn't here, I'm dreading it I've heard so many horror stories xx
  • Options

Awww bless her, sorry to hear she had GD I hope all is well with her now.
    My MW said she will book me in to be induced Thursday if little man still isn't here, I'm dreading it I've heard so many horror stories xx

She was induced, and her labor was 2 hours and the baby flew out 9.2 lbs, no stitches. Mind you, it was her 4th baby !
    Her 3rd child she was induced 11 days overdue and her labor was 15 hours ! She said it was the worst labor and worst pain.
  • Options
    I got my membranes stripped twice with my first pregnancy and it didn't do anything but give me cramps. I say let nature do its thing. Baby isn't going to budge until he/she is ready, no matter what you try.
  • Options
    Well baby made an appearance last night!! Contractions came hard and fast out of the blue after dinner. Got to the hospital waters broke at 5cm dilated and started pushing. Little Archie arrived 45 mins later weighing 9lbs 4oz (ouch!) all healthy and happy. Did the whole process standing up aswel so gravity definitely done its job xxx
  • Options

Well baby made an appearance last night!! Contractions came hard and fast out of the blue after dinner. Got to the hospital waters broke at 5cm dilated and started pushing. Little Archie arrived 45 mins later weighing 9lbs 4oz (ouch!) all healthy and happy. Did the whole process standing up aswel so gravity definitely done its job xxx

Yay ! Glad you got to deliver naturally without being induced ! He's a big baby like my son was ! Congrats girl big babies are amazing.
  • Options

Yay ! Glad you got to deliver naturally without being induced ! He's a big baby like my son was ! Congrats girl big babies are amazing.
    Thank you darling! Very happy with the outcome with not having to be induced. Big babies are healthy babies though ;) xx
  • Options
    Awe congrats mama