Phoenix Babies

How to dress a newborn due Nov. STM?

So I realized while ogling some cute baby clothes, that they were for summer and by the time it'd be warm enough for my child to wear them, they'd be too big for them! Should I wait to buy little clothes besides basic onsies till it gets closer to the due date and more cold weather clothes are out? How to dress a newborn for the winter in AZ??

Re: How to dress a newborn due Nov. STM?

• I was out at babies r us and carters this weekend and they have quite a bit of cold weather stuff. Oogle there?
  • oaksemoaksem member
    @onegoodthing thanks for the tip! I was at Target when I had this realization. But I'll definitely check out those two stores! Any recommendations on how bundled they'll need to be? Do sweaters suffice or am I going to need a wintry jacket for this newborn?
  • Loading the player...
  • You'll be ok with sweaters and blankets. You can't use a winter jacket in the car seat so they're a bit of a waste. I just used sweaters and blankets cause at that age they'll want to be swaddled a lot anyways
  • mindaamindaa member
    edited July 2015
    I agree that blankets and swaddles give a lot of flexibility. And you'll be inside a lot the first few weeks, so basic onsies, maybe with socks and pants, might be perfect around the house. (Depending on what temp you keep it)
    ETA... Remember to resist the urge to buy yourself a bunch of clothes, you'll be gifted a lot!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• oaksemoaksem member
    Thank you for the advice! All super helpful :)
  • I bought onsies with long sleeves in sizes 0 to 6mths. I bought some pants as well. I also just received a white little cotton jacket, that will be the jacket we use for a bit, should we need to use one. To be honest, my baby will be in the footed onsies the majority of the time. I remember those first few months with my son were such a blur!
  • All the little outfits are cute but we only ever used the footed Jammies. More comfy for him and easier to keep him warm.