Multiples

No one believes there are two!

As soon as I found out I was having twins I immediately did all the research I could. I thought about how big my belly was going to get and how fast it was going to grow. But at 32 weeks I still look smaller than a lot of women with a singleton! I look nothing like I assumed I would at this point. Every time someone asks me about my pregnancy, I am so excited to mention that I am having twins, but the reaction is always the same: "you're pretty small to be that far with twins..". I feel like I have to defend it or something. I get monthly growth scans and the boys are measuring exactly how they should!

Are there any other twin moms out there that never actually got "big" with their twins?

Re: No one believes there are two!

• My mom didn't get that big with my sister and I. She was really young at the time. I'm 33 now with twins and worry I'm gonna be super big because I'm 4 months and already gained 10 lbs. We shall see.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!
  • I'm 26 weeks & people say that to me all the time. Both of my babies are measuring as they should. I try to take it as a compliment that I haven't blown up. I have gained about 26lbs so far though! People are just stupid & have no clue what they're talking about :)
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Loading the player...
  • rue:Drue:D member
    I've been told I look good for having twins, that all my weight seems to be out in front. Both babies weigh what they would be expected to weigh as singletons at 27w. Either way I feel enormous!
  • I'm 29w with twins and people tell me I don't even look pregnant! I'm always having to explain myself. The babies are measuring as they should, and I feel huge though!
  • don't worry about it. I started a size zero before my daughter, gained 23 pounds with her, never wore maternity clothes, and was always questioned as to whether or not I was pregnant until 26 weeks, when I looked slightly pregnant. She was born at 36 weeks 6 days, so not much pregnant looking time.the first time I looked pregnant with the triplets around 13 weeks. they were born at 29 weeks 5 days, after trying very hard and gaining 49 pounds, and I measured full term for a singleton. Still a sz 0. Just happens.
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't look "big" until the end of my pregnancy around 35 weeks, that's when people really started to notice I was huge and would ask if I was going to pop soon or if I was carrying twins.
  • Towards the end I was bigger with my twins than with my singleton. But, still... people always seemed surprised when I told them there were 2 babies in there. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11