1st Trimester
Options

Heartbeat

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but how soon can you hear a heartbeat?

Re: Heartbeat

• Options
    My first scan was this Monday. I am 6 weeks 4 days today. Doc said if the machine had a microphone attached we could hear it, but it didn't so we just saw it.
  • Options
    amama3amama3 member
    Im pretty sure it varies, but my LO was 7wks2days when I first heard it at 142bpm(8wks ago)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • Options
    You can see it on an U/S as early as 22 days after conception.
    To hear it via dipper is once the uterine is not longer in the pelvic cavity.
  • Options
    Does anyone own or rent a fetal Doppler to monitor the heart rate on their own? Just curious...
  • Options
    Does anyone own or rent a fetal Doppler to monitor the heart rate on their own? Just curious...
    I have a Sonoline B that I used when I was pregnant with my daughter, that works very well- I am able to detect the HB now I'm just shy of 10wks. They have them for about $40 on Ebay, very reasonable. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I heard the hb on the ultrasound at 8 weeks. Heard it on the Doppler today at 11 weeks 3 days.
  • Options
    Alykat587Alykat587 member
    edited July 2015
    We just had our first ultrasound at 7 weeks. Heard and saw the heart beat! Amazing!
  • Options
    WaitingMay14WaitingMay14 member
    edited July 2015
    Heard ours at 6 weeks 3 days. This was at the RE's office. Their equipment is more sophisticated them most ob's from what I heard.
  • Options
    Heard both of ours at 7w2d--they had to use a transvaginal ultrasound at OB's office--it was very loud and clear. For some reason they tried a normal ultrasound before that, but couldn't even find either embryo that way... not sure why they even bothered so early.
  • Options
    Thank you! :D
  • Options
    Heard our baby's heartbeat around 7 weeks ( 22 weeks currently ) . They used a transvaginal ultrasound. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @wallberry my doc set an appointment for 10 days later from today, I had my first vaginal ultrasound today and we saw yolk sac and gestational sac, and she said we can hear a heartbeat 10 days later. I am currently 4 weeks. LMP 6 weeks, gestational age 4 weeks, so she said we can hear it nearly 30 days after ovulation, 22 days after implantation. Hope these will help :)
  • Options
    I think it starts beating around 7 weeks. At my first scan (7 weeks), I didn't hear it but I could see it!  I was so surprised and wasn't expecting that at all.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I'll be 7 weeks on Friday and I am going to the doctor Saturday to see if we can find that heartbeat! :D@fhopefaithlove1 @mommytobe2122 @euromom
  • Options
    I had my first u/s at 5w6d (they thought I was further along than I actually was), and we heard the heartbeat. It was lslow (96 bpm), but the doc said that was because it only started beating at 5 weeks. Today I had my third u/s at 7w5d, and it was beating away at 163 bpm!
  • Options
    Im 7Wks5days heard the heartbeat today on my first visit .159beats/min :)
  • Options
    I heard the heartbeat today at 5w5d but I don't know what the rate was. my dr said it was a little slow but that's normal for this early.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't able to hear anything but we could see a heart beat at 5 weeks 4 days ultrasound. It was a little low at 110 but dr wasn't worried with it being so early. I can't wait to hear it at my next appointment in 3weeks!
  • Options
    I heard saw mines at 8 weeks and heard it at 11 weeks best sound ever
  • Options
    I was 7 wks 4 days and heard and saw it its pretty amazing I was so in shock I couldn't stop smiling its definatly the best feeling EVER
  • Options
    jtradesjtrades member
    edited July 2015
    @nbc2015 I had the same situation today! I went in for my first ultrasound as they thought I would be 9wks. Turns out that I'm only 6 wks and 4 days. Also the heart rate was 96 bpm which they was a little low but they said not to be too worried. However they want me to come back for a 2nd ultrasound in 2 wks. I'm a bit of anxious now. Is this pretty normal as far as my baby's heart rate??!?!
  • Options
    My doctor said the normal range for 6 weeks is about 90-110 so that would be considered normal! According to my doctor :D I just had mine last Saturday and I was 7 weeks 1 day and heard the heartbeat 133 BPM :)