January 2016 Moms
Options

Kicking/ popping /movement

im 15 weeks tomorrow and during this week I've felt the occasional popping feeling. This is my third bubba. Could it be movement? It's lower than wind and different. Plus I know wind. This child is making me very unpleasant to be around at times. Lol.

Re: Kicking/ popping /movement

• Options
    I have been having the same thing.  Second baby.  With my first I felt movement at 16 weeks.  I will be 15 weeks Saturday and you are supposed to feel movement sooner with subsequent pregnancies.  So Yes, I think that's what it is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Repeat post police has arrived ^
    |
  • Options
    Oh please, is it your job to patrol every post on here !? You must not work during the day .
  • Options
    So original.
  • Options
  • Options
    Rach8672 said:

Oh please, is it your job to patrol every post on here !? You must not work during the day .

Wow really!? [-X
  • Options
    Everyone else is explaining why we try to do this for newer posters here in a way that you can hopefully understand.
    Whether or not we are employed has no bearing on our desire to help new members learn how to use this resource properly.
  • Options

Sure , its a very important job you all do. Let's shut this post down asap before we have the same argument over and over.
    BTW who said anything about a new member (wish I had side eye emoji , like all the cool kids on here)
  • Options
    steph_pegasussteph_pegasus member
    edited July 2015
    It's okay, not everyone can internet at the same level. Try not to let the resentment get you down.
    Edited words, also to add that I'd teach you how to use emojis and whatnot but ya know, it's not my job. 8-}
  • Options
    I think it's mostly due to the fact we want to be able to discuss with our labor buddies in our own month club to see if there are similar symptoms or interests rather than searching. Whats the point of a birth month club if we can't?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    You can. Those threads already exist. What's the point of starting a new one when current (active) ones are already going?
    Edited for clarity.
  • Options
    Some of them may be active, yes. However they might be with other birth month clubs or the last comment made could be weeks or months ago. I would rather hear from mothers to be that are just as far along as me having similar symptoms or interests. 
    I just don't see anything wrong with her starting a new topic. 
  • Options
    Seriously there is a movement question everyday. There's a symptoms/daily check in to ask stuff like this. AND in the bump guidelines it clearly states to search for stuff before you ask a question to see if it's already been answered which it has about 100 times. X(
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    If you start a new thread that hasn't been asked recently, you won't get the "Repeat Post Police" called on you. It's that simple.
    Eta spelling is important.
  • Options
    hailees said:

Hi @Rach8672, I believe this forum is a very helpful resource when used to the extent of its capacity. I was merely directing OP to additional and proper avenues so that she could get all of the information available to her. What can be found on this topic through a search is far more thorough than what would likely be posted. No, it is not my job to police, which is exactly why I am not doing that. However, in an effort to welcome newer members who haven't had experienced posting/lurking much, sometimes a gentle redirection can lead to a wealth of knowledge and answers to questions.

As a newbie myself, thank you for the gentle direction. There is nothing negative or demeaning in the tone.

It makes the thread flow sooo much better when everyone is education on how to use it... Thank you!
  • Options
    Rach8672 said:
    BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Some of them may be active, yes. However they might be with other birth month clubs or the last comment made could be weeks or months ago. I would rather hear from mothers to be that are just as far along as me having similar symptoms or interests. 

I'm new, let me say that first! I had some vacation days and read through the precious threads for this birth month group.

I know most don't have this luxury (or spend days off reading a forum, but I was bored!). I found that the daily symptoms check was most helpful because then you can still discuss with people at your week, but also get information from STM. =)
  • Options
    I'm new, let me say that first! I had some vacation days and read through the precious threads for this birth month group. I know most don't have this luxury (or spend days off reading a forum, but I was bored!). I found that the daily symptoms check was most helpful because then you can still discuss with people at your week, but also get information from STM. =)
    Thank you! I also think that if we start using the daily symptoms thread, here on the January 2016 moms BMB on a regular basis, instead of posting randoms all the time, the daily threads would become even more well used and thus much more helpful to us all!
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    amargaret24amargaret24 member
    edited July 2015
    Rach8672 said:
    Repeat post police has arrived ^ |

Just as a note, if you go onto the BMB on What To Expect it's literally nonsense. Every other post (when I last checked around 11-12 weeks) was "Ramzi Please?!!!" or "Cramps omg help!" It was nuts. Like a free for all of people shouting into thin air. Most posts didn't even get comments because the board filled up so fast, then you'd get this post like "Thanks for nothing, none of you responded to me". It might seem intense at times when people "shut it down" but honestly, if you search kicking, flutters, cramps, spotting, etc you will see one-thousand-million-threads. It's nice to be able to go back 3,4, 5 pages and see totally different topics and interesting bits instead of someones need for a Ramzi. Just sayin.......
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Rach8672 said:

The only problem I have with the daily symptoms thread is reading through 200 comments until you find what you want. By the time you post your question or concern people are tired of reading through .... Unless you literally read every single post thoroughly . Who has the time ? That's all I'm saying. Everyone is so preachy

Our daily symptom threads never have 200 comments so reading won't take you long. If you don't want to do a little work don't come onto a community forum. Google it, read a pregnancy book or ask your doctor.

• Options
    Rach8672 said:

The only problem I have with the daily symptoms thread is reading through 200 comments until you find what you want. By the time you post your question or concern people are tired of reading through .... Unless you literally read every single post thoroughly . Who has the time ? That's all I'm saying. Everyone is so preachy

Also to add, usually the "fun" threads get that many comments, but as of right now, today's symptom thread has 4 (gasp!) posts.
  • Options
    Rach8672 said:
    The daily symptom thread on our board does not get 200 comments a day, maybe it would if it were used more, but currently it only gets maybe 20-30 so its not too much to read through, and you can post your questions there, mine have always been answered. I'm not trying to be preachy, Im just trying to help encourage the ease of the board. When I first started on here I was a little offended by some of the responses as well, but as you start using it more and more, you do see how the repetition can get a bit frustrating. You find yourself reading the same thing or answering with the same response frequently. Its not that people don't want to help, people just don't want to sound like a broken record either...
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    Rach8672 said:

A problem with this logic is that if everyone posted an individual thread on their symptoms, then there would be 200 threads to go through which is worse. The daily symptoms thread keeps things organized so your questions can get answered and other threads done get lost in all the repeat posts.
  • Options
    Ok case closed u win !!! Taking this wayyy too seriously I see .Is this an open forum or a court room, or wait ... Am I in church ? #preach.
  • Options
    Rach8672 said:

You can actually search each thread, as well as the board. That way you don't need to scan through every comment.
  • Options
    ^oops missed the comments before that already clarified that. Nothing wrong with being helpful but if you shoot someone down for offering helpful advice then expect some flames.
  • Options
    Can't help but laugh , so juvenile