June 2015 Moms
Options

Swimming

Has anyone taken their LO's swimming yet? I'm reading conflicting reports on the best age to start. Some articles worry about the chlorine levels, some say wait for their 2 month shots and others say it's good to get them used to water early - that they will probably like it since they spent 9+ months in it.

I have my sons 2 month checkup eat week so I will confirm with the doctor then but interested to hear from you! STM, any advice?

Re: Swimming

• Options
    No personal experience yet, but our local Y offers 'shrimp dip' swimming programs for parent and baby starting at 6m. I'm totally enrolling as soon as he is old enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just went on vacation to the beach. LO was 5 weeks old...loved every minute of it. We also took him swimming at my mom and friends pool at around 4 weeks and he did great!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mellymar us too the local y does 6 months I've already added the link to Los christmas list. The grandparents love to buy things that lo can do and if they don't end up buying it we certainly will. My hubby is already so excited to take her it's very cute. My mom has a pool so when we go to visit we might try that out with her.
  • Options
    Our pediatrician told us no outdoor pools this summer because they can't regulate their temperature yet. We took him in and only dipped his feet, and he didn't love it. I'm hoping to sneak him in Labor Day weekend, and will just heat the pool a lot to make sure it's warm enough. I was a swimmer so I want LO to be comfortable in the water and want to start him early. I plan to get him swim lessons at the Y come fall/winter.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    jasd33jasd33 member
    On vacation with DH and DD for 10 days and at 2.5 weeks DH dunked her into the ocean from the bum to her toes after a messy diaper situation at the beach. Obviously a mans way of thinking to clean a baby lol she didn't love it but it was 85 degrees out so she was very happy two minutes later