August 2015 Moms
Options

Ingenuity seat vs Bumbo

Does anyone have a preference? We got both as gifts and want to return one. They look exactly the same to me. They both have the insert and parts to make it a travel highchair. They are priced about the same, so I just want to keep the best of the two. Thanks!

Re: Ingenuity seat vs Bumbo

• Options
    hclzmm14hclzmm14 member
    edited July 2015
    When my nephew had to have physical therapy as an infant due to being premature, his physical therapist told my sister not to use bucket seats like those. The bumbo especially is bad for their spines. My daughter never seemed comfortable in it, so I only used it a few times and won't be using it at all with this baby. I would recommend looking into the research on this and deciding if you even want to use one of them.

Just something to consider.

ETA: I did use the Boppy chair as a travel high chair/booster until she was about 7 months old. I liked that one a lot for that purpose. She seemed more comfortable eating in that than the bumbo with the tray.
  • Options
    No experience with one vs the other, but we never got much use out of the Bumbo seat at all. In retrospect, I wouldn't have registered for it and would have returned it for something else. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you want a portable high chair, we loved the Fisher Price one and still use it at 2 year old.

Bumbos and the like are pretty useless. We had a Prince Lionheart one (the older model with no straps) and my daughter used it for about a month, maybe two, and only for a couple of minutes at a time. The activity saucer was far more useful.
  • Options
    I personally don't like the ingenuity seat. My best friend has one for her daughter and it's a lot bulkier and is a harder seat. We have a bumbo and so does my SIL. Everyone I know with a bumbo has gotten a lot of use out of it. Just personal preference.
  • Options
    My daughter hated the bumbo and really wouldn't eat solids until we got her into a booster seat. Fisher Price make a bunch of them. I would return both and just get a booster. We never got a high chair since the booster filled that role and took up much less space, so win-win!
  • Options
    My daughter hated the bumbo and really wouldn't eat solids until we got her into a booster seat. Fisher Price make a bunch of them. I would return both and just get a booster. We never got a high chair since the booster filled that role and took up much less space, so win-win!
    The FP boosters really are awesome. Cheap and easy to clean! I wish I'd never have spent money on a high chair and just bought the $30 booster from the start.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    amk013amk013 member
    Thank you all for the advice! I appreciate it!