January 2016 Moms

What do you call it??

So my daughter and i are watching a movie last night and out of nowhere she asks me if the baby is going to come out of my "front butt" =))!! I myself call it my cookie so i wanted to see if anybody else or your children have funny names for it!!

Re: What do you call it??

• Oh god how do you even keep a straight face?!?!
  • My mom always called it a coochie or crotch when I was older. Now that I'm an adult I've realized she is the only person I know who calls it a beaver, too. Like WTH ma. Gross. My family is pretty open about body parts....some people probably think it's odd.

Front butt is HILARIOUS!
  • Loading the player...
  • mego14mego14 member
    That is HILARIOUS bc I called it my front butt when I was little! My family and I still laugh about it!!! :)
  • My mom always called it a coochie or crotch when I was older. Now that I'm an adult I've realized she is the only person I know who calls it a beaver, too. Like WTH ma. Gross. My family is pretty open about body parts....some people probably think it's odd.

Front butt is HILARIOUS!
    Hahaa the other day my grandmother kept saying vagina and my sis said that just sounds wrong coming from you grandma so the next time she said pussy my sister and i screamed and told her to go back to saying vagina lol.
    I can not even imagine the word pussy leaving my nana's mouth. LMAO I would pee myself and then check for dementia.
  • DD is only just 2 and not talking much so we call it crotch or privates. When she gets older and wants to talk about it we'll teach her the proper anatomical name.
    I hate all the ridiculous nicknames people call genitalia. Lol I don't know why.
  • @sarah92544 I just love all the little things kids say. There is always some crazy logic behind it. 
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • My aunt refers to the penis as a schwankey....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS#2 knows their names but the other week he asked why he didn't have a "china". Made me giggle.
  • We called them penis and vagina or "privates" or genitals. I'm very big on kids knowing medical terms for things and making it all seems less gross/wrong/scary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • sck601sck601 member

DD knows it as her vagina, my SD knows it as her "privates."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• holocene said:

Penis and vagina. 

I don't get the whole pet names for sex organs, especially for children. 

</bloc

I dont mind if my DD feels more comfortable calling it her "front butt" than more power to her. I personally am all for my children being themselves and not what others or what society say they should be.

• We do penis and vagina. Although my daughter has always had speech issue, so it comes out just 'gina. She's also obsessed with talking about her brother's penis. 

I've always thought teaching them the proper words from the beginning was best. But kids really do come up with the funniest stuff on their own.
  • We do penis and vagina. Although my daughter has always had speech issue, so it comes out just 'gina. She's also obsessed with talking about her brother's penis. 

I've always thought teaching them the proper words from the beginning was best. But kids really do come up with the funniest stuff on their own.
    Yeah DD know its as her vagina once she was having issues down there so when i took her to the doc she used the term vagina when telling her about her symptoms but when shes talking to me its front butt.
  • ^^ That's why I don't like pet names for genitalia. 

It confuses the child, and if there were ever a situation I would want my children to be able to fully communicate what happened. 

• emneb said:

I used to work in a daycare and one the boy's mothers told him his penis was his "tail". When children are told inappropriate names for their private parts, it makes it difficult to understand what the child is actually talking about. If the kids come up with their own terminology that's fine, but please don't tell your children their penis is a tail...

I agree as long as they know the right terminology when talking to other adults i think its perfectly fine for them to have a name for it when talking to patents
  • @sarah92544 - I also support my children in being individuals, I'm not sure how knowing correct anatomy terminology plays into society trying to shape your daughter though? I think "front butt" is actually quite funny, and I can see how that would make sense to her. I'm simply trying to say that pet names confuse children, and when it comes to communicating about their privates, I want them to be as confident and comfortable as possible. 
  • Like i said in a previous comment when i took her to the doc she called it her vagina. She knows what it is. But everybody doesnt have to agree every parent is different, to each their own! I respect yours and everyone elses opinions thats why i started this thread to see and understand others thoughts about this! ;)
  • SovvySovvy member
    We use the correct terms.

pregnancy #1 :: daughter lost to chromosomal abnormality at 18 weeks
    pregnancy #2 :: son, born Aug 2011
    pregnancy #3 :: due Jan 2016
  • My kiddos use "penis/scrotum" and "vulva." We're all kinds of anatomically correct around here.
    BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• nanampnanamp member
    @alice2Bcheshire - Thank you!

3 year olds are probably not talking about vaginas. I probably didn't find my actual vagina until I got my period and wanted to find the right place to put a tampon.
  • nanamp said:

3 year olds are probably not talking about vaginas. I probably didn't find my actual vagina until I got my period and wanted to find the right place to put a tampon.

Just to be clear my DD isnt 3 Lol
  • OMG that's funny because when I was little, I totally called it my front butt (shortly after potty training when I had to tell my mommy what needed wiping LOL) and I've never heard that from anyone else. I only have a boy so far, so I haven't had to worry about it yet!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I am planning on teaching my children to call their privates by the correct terms. When I was little, my mom and grandma called the vagina a "toody." I hate that word! If I have a daughter, my mom is forbidden to tell her that's what it's called! It makes me shudder, almost as much as the word "moist."
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me (26) & DH (31) expecting first baby 1/19/2016!
  • I am planning on teaching my children to call their privates by the correct terms. When I was little, my mom and grandma called the vagina a "toody." I hate that word! If I have a daughter, my mom is forbidden to tell her that's what it's called! It makes me shudder, almost as much as the word "moist."

Aagghhh i hate moist!!!
  • SullyNSullyN member
    We do the correct terms. DS asked and I told him what it was. Once in a Panera bathroom he asked "Oh no Mumma what happened to your penis??? Where did it go??" Then we explained the difference between girl/boy anatomy lol. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• I use the correct terms. The other day one of my kids told my mom they had a bug bite on their "nipple". My mom freaked on me for teaching my kid what a nipple is....

But that's what it is! I don't believe in giving things cutesy names. It is what it is whether it's a vagina, penis etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • TVL25TVL25 member
    My oldest calls his penis, his "noodle" he actually asked if it was his "noodle" when he was almost 2 and I said well, no, it's your penis (after I got my composure because he had been talking about his "noodle" and I would brush it off-he was not even 2!) and he still insisted on calling it his "noodle", so I let him. My younger two have since taken to the term so I let it go...They'll know it's their penis when they have a reason for talking about it.
  • Penis and vagina, though it was pagina for awhile.
    They also say boobie buttons which I admit I think is cute so I let it go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have kids yet but I plan on letting them call it whatever they want. When I think they are mature enough to understand I'll explain everything in detail. But I never understood talking or using words beyond a kid's understanding. It just makes them older than they need to be. Let them be kids. Mine can call it whatever they want. I'm sure it will not hurt their maturity in any way.
  • nanamp said:
    @alice2Bcheshire - Thank you! 3 year olds are probably not talking about vaginas. I probably didn't find my actual vagina until I got my period and wanted to find the right place to put a tampon.
    My daughter is 4. She's been talking about her vagina since she was probably about 2.5-ish. She was 3 when her brother was born, so we've all been hearing her gab about his penis since then. Trust me, as soon as they notice it- they don't shut up about it. Three years old is not too young.

• nanamp said:

My daughter is 4. She's been talking about her vagina since she was probably about 2.5-ish. She was 3 when her brother was born, so we've all been hearing her gab about his penis since then. Trust me, as soon as they notice it- they don't shut up about it. Three years old is not too young.

Im thinking @alice2Bcheshire was talking about the difference between vulva/vagina.
    Anatomically most of the time we are talking about their vulvas and not the vagina.
    Personally we usually just say vagina but my 5 year old does know there are different parts there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not sure what we'll call it yet as this is our first, but just for laughs...
    My MIL's friend and her DIL don't get along. The DIL told her kids to call their grandma "Vagina," and that their vagina is called a "grandma." Unfortunately, the kids weren't corrected soon enough, so now they visit their Vagina every summer!
  • Dying... especially the outie belly button being called a penis!  LOL

What do your kids call their butts?  I've been saying bottom to my 14 month old ("sit on your bottom" when in the bath).   My aunt calls it a dupa?  I thought that was odd; I'd never heard that before.   I agree to those trying to keep it anatomical. 
  • Dying... especially the outie belly button being called a penis!  LOL

What do your kids call their butts?  I've been saying bottom to my 14 month old ("sit on your bottom" when in the bath).   My aunt calls it a dupa?  I thought that was odd; I'd never heard that before.   I agree to those trying to keep it anatomical. 
    Its just butt around here. When i was with my ex my son called it his ash lol i stopped that really quick