Stay at Home Moms
Options

Temp. stay at home mom - In need of positive vibes

I am a school teacher and my summer just started.  I couldn't wait to spend the summer with my 2 year old, but I am exhausted.  I am also 8 weeks pregnant.  I am waaaay more grumpy and moody then I remember being with the first one and dealing with a defiant toddler from morning until night and has worn me down.  Some days I am happy to be with her all day, other days I feel guilty for wanting a break and not cherishing this time together.

I guess I just want reassurance that other moms feel this way too.  My time is limited and my guilt is getting me down.

Re: Temp. stay at home mom - In need of positive vibes

• Options
    Your feelings are totally normal growing a human and raising one at the same time is an ass kicking. Cut yourself some slack.
  • Options
    I am a stay at home mommy to my 5 yr old son and am currently 19 weeks pregnant. I understand your struggle mama!! It's a love hate.. Also it really is a job in its own. Especially now that your body is making a baby! We do lots of parks and hiking. Going for walks.. Lots of stuff to keep my sanity!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try and make a schedule and fit books, coloring, crafts, etc into there and also have your "quiet time" and Maybe allow a few television shows while you nap on the couch to allow your body to rejuvenate! Good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    You feelings are normal. I am 14+3 and have a 2 year old as well and in the beginning it was hard. I feel like now that I am in the 2nd trimester that I have a lot more energy now and less moody. I also have used my toddler to help me with things whenever he is being defiant (or offer food which half the time he goes for) He loves the positive reinforcement and now he constantly wants to help me do chores around the house. Lol. Try to channel his/her energy into something that can benefit you too!

I did have to discipline him when he first turned 2.... He had no manners.. Temper tantrums everywhere. Bad behavior = stand in the corner or I put him in the pack nplay for a min or 2. Our pack n play we never got to use. Only for discipining lol
  • Options
    I'm not pregnant but I need a break sometimes. I have a 6yr old and 18 month old full of energy. DS2 is not sleeping well so neither am I. He's also in a mountain climber phase and I have to chase him everywhere. Today I caught him jumping off the couch onto a table. I try to go to play dates at the splash park etc. as much as I can which actually gives me a break and burns his energy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker